I think that in the future we'll see more and more third parties integrating HD window coverings into their systems, especially as more and more people have compatible window coverings. There's probably a little chicken-and-egg thing going on at this point (if not many people have the appropriate HD shades, why would a company bother spending the time and money integrating it into their system?).
If you have a Platinum App compatible shade (or shades) but no Bridge Kit, and later find a company that's integrating the HD system, you can always buy the Bridge Kit at that time.
Here's how to know for sure that what you're buying is the right thing. According to the HD FAQ page ( http://www.hunterdouglas.com/#!/freq...sked-questions )
inspired by code that tannewt had posted earlier in this thread. controls windows, rooms or scenes.
I see Smart Things is integrating Somfy (Timber shades) with their V2 controller.
Panny 65VT50 // Elite SC-67 // Paradigm Millenia // Paradigm Seismic 12 // Belkin PF60 // Popcorn Hour // Harmony 890
I just got 5 of these for my Master Bedroom. First off I was very unhappy to hear that you would only control 4 of them independently and that I would have to link up 2+ shades to be able to control them all via the remote (this seems to be different with the app but still annoying)
When they work they are great, but they seem to be VERY flaky. Sometimes only 2 of the 5 will get the signal through both the remote OR the Bridge kit, sometimes all of them will work, sometimes only 4 of them will work and sometimes they doesn't get the signal at all. I just got these a few days ago and we very excited but they seem to be way to flaky. Anyone else have this sort of experience?
As part of integration I made a code change to repeat the last command after about 5 seconds - and that fixed the problem for me when shades are integrated into a larger system.
Now it is flaky only when the network layer on the HD bridge goes haywire, which happens more often than I would like...
They are not suitable for anywhere you cannot get to them for repairs or for any application where dependable service is needed.
"Most people would die sooner than think, in fact they do so." Bertrand Russell The ABC of Relativity, 1925
1) Shade has no power - Replace the batteries. Check the battery tube for any cracks and make sure the tube is firmly seated in the contacts.
2) Motor is burned out - Replace the motor
3) IR Eye board is burned out - Replace IR-Eye Board
4) Lift Limit Switch - Broken/Faulty, Needs adjusted or lift cord is not in front of metal switch arm. Limit Switch Troubleshooting
5) Reset Shade Limits - Lower Shade completely. If the motor is not responding then you may have to slip motor out of Lift-Cord-Shaft to dis-engage then lower shade fully then re-engage motor into Lift-Cord-Shaft. Once shade is fully lowered, point the remote controller at the IR-Eye in Headrail or Satelite eye and press the Down button (on the remote controller) for 5+ seconds then hit the up button. If the shade does not respond then see steps 1-4 above.
I think I need to do step #5. Do you have any idea on how to remote that little motor out of the lift cord shaft?
Shade was fine, but batteries died 6 months ago (shade is halfway down), and I didn't try replacing batteries until yesterday. After I put new batteries in, you can hear the motor try to go, and then it instantly stops, because I think it thinks it's in the full top position, but it's not. And I can't reset by holding down the down arrow on remote, because the shade isn't fully DOWN, which it said it's needs to be down to reset it.. Thanks!
80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades