Ipod Classic 120 or Zune 120 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After some searching I haven't seen too much information recently on the subject. Looking for something to listen to music off of Amazon and audio books. nothing too fancy. Have it down to the Ipod classic 120GB and the Zune 120. Do I need a subscription for the Zune service or can I just use what I get from my CD's, Amazon, etc. Ease of use, functionallaity, etc. are helpful. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM

I think Apple's having a music-centric event the first or second week of September so it might be wise to see if there's a new iPod Classic coming out before jumping. The current Classic's clickwheel is terrible compared to the previous generations.

Tony

"Works on Contingency - No Money Down"?
That's a misprint. It should read,
"Works on Contingency? No! Money Down!"
-Lionel Hutz
post #3 of 8 Old 08-31-2009, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-03-2009, 02:14 AM

Do not need to subscribe to the Zune service. It works great with MP3's from amazon. I have not confirmed this personally, but was told that it will also play the unprotected songs purchased off iTunes as well. It will not play the "protected DRM" iTunes songs that they previously sold, but now that iTunes songs are DRM free, they will play on a Zune. This is no minor thing, as iTunes is still the largest library of music. I have found things on iTunes that don't exisit on Amazon.

They are both similar devices. Things I really like about the Zune are FM tuner, larger screen, wireless sync, and it works great with the Xbox 360.

Advantages for the iPod are and endless variety of accessories. EVERYTHING works with iPod. They have great docs, cases, etc.

I own an iPod, but wish I had purchased a Zune because I've started using it for watching movies and I wish I had the Zune screen. Also wish I had it for use with my 360.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater View Post

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

There is also a new Zune HD coming out. Unfortunately, I hear it may only be up to 32gb.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-03-2009, 08:39 AM

Lastest info indicates Microsoft is eliminating it's 120gb HD based player, although earlier info implied the 120 would stay alongside the Zune HD. If you want one I'd say get one quick. Once current stock is gone there won't be any more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-05-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dthinker View Post

Lastest info indicates Microsoft is eliminating it's 120gb HD based player, although earlier info implied the 120 would stay alongside the Zune HD. If you want one I'd say get one quick. Once current stock is gone there won't be any more.

With the rise of lossless audio and portable video, I'm surprised there is a move away from harddrive based players. I can't imagine having a portable media player with only 32GB of space. That's nothing!

I guess the move will be to expand flash memory players to large sizes. Would be nice to at least have 64GB. If a 100GB+ flash memory based player existed I would but it tomorrow.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-06-2009, 07:00 AM

Well, as a portable player for videos, I would go for Zune. Even when I'm out on a vacation, I still like watching movies and I think this is one way of bringing my movies along while I'm away from home.

-= It is my dream to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=-
Reply Portable A/V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page