AUDIO VOICE RECORDER
What are some older pro quality good value digital recorders?
What I'm after is this:
1. Willing to buy an older but pro model which has the best codec. I suppose the best codec is mp3 (right?)
2. It needs to be small enough to put into a pocket.
3. If it has a remote mic input that is a bonus I'd like to have
3A. - A line imput might be useful too ..
4. Takes rechargeable batteries or has them - nimh or lithium only
4A. uses usb to recharge in addition to ext charger.
5. Ideally has a removable memory card but if it has lots of internal memory for over 50 hours
of mp3 recording that probably would be OK.
I have some B&H professional products catalogs for the last 3 years. Are there any
particular products I might look at in there that will put me on to some model numbers
to watch out for?
I know Zoom made a nice mp3 studio recorder but that's too big. I probably want a pro-surveillance type product but maybe there's
another niche that I'm not aware of that fits what I want. If the
item was $600 new 3 years ago then I could pay $100 now and be
very happy if it fits the bill for what professional quality means.
so that's the picture. I think buying an older but better than new quality product is
smart if I can get the right product. That's where your experience comes in.
Although I'm asking for help I'm willing to share
this thread with any questions you have about audio or voice recording.
Just jump in and ask. I can answer many audio recording Q.
although I belive there's a better forum for it. So check it before you
Retired at 45 to learn how.
Interests solar, battery packs and electric vehicles, medicine, chemistry, solid state electronics, and most sciences.
Anyime you need a hand or answerjusu ask.