I posted over at the projector forum but nobody seems interested in answering basic questions, so I was wondering if I might try here; surprised there isn't a "newbie" forum or newbie resources/links around.
The original thread/post is over at URL avs-vb
/showthread.php?t=1285444 but the gist of it concerns the Epson Moviemate 62 all-in-one projector with DVD player and 2 10-watt speakers:
1) Is the MM62 "good enough" for viewing standard DVDs with a native resolution of 540p?
2) Epson lists it as having an "enhanced DVD module chip" and a retailer claims that the DVD player is progressive scan; does that mean that playback of standard-definition DVDs are up-converted/up-scaled, as it the case with the Epson Moviemates that offer 720p, like the 72 and the 85HD?
3) Would Blu-ray dics, through a Blu-ray player hooked up to the MM62, look like they should given the MM62's native resolution of 540p?
4) Just what is 540p and why would Epson go with it instead of the 720p it's been doing on other recent Moviemates?
5) The MM62 was only introduced last month, yet already it's available for $550 direct from Epson, with free shipping, even though retailers are offering it for the full MSRP, sans free shipping -- why would such a situation be??