Airport express vs Monoprice bluetooth receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-24-2011, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for a way to power my indoor receiver from out around my pool with a wireless device. I hear people using airport express and apple tv but they are expensive. Has anyone tried http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

The reviews say the monoprice works 20-30ft, but audio may be a little degrading compared to just plugging device straight in. The monoprice device is $20 and apple products are $99. Apple tv may be a waste since the device I need will just be plugged into a 2 channel Harman Kardon Receiver for streaming pandora.
Any suggestions?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 101
^^^

2 completely different products...

i have my doubts that a bluetooth device would come anywhere near it's claimed range once you don't have los...

whereas the 2 apple products in question are wi-fi devices, and you can expect to get whatever range your wireless network will provide...

if youmlook,around a bit, you can likely find a used ax for less than 50 bucks...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #3 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked: 749
One vote here for Airport Express. Much better and easier to use than the BT solution. You can get them for $69 if you look around. Get several, you can pump iTunes into all of the at once, in sync. Distributed audio the easy way. In iTunes you get a little control panel with independent volume controls for each Airport, and a master for everything. Nice. They also will drive optical/digital into a DAC if you want something more high-end down the road. Nice little WiFi extender too.

Apple TV is nice too, but more of a pain if you don't use the video feature. I've got two Airports, one Apple TV second gen. Love then all, and sometimes run them all at once!

post #4 of 4 Old 12-23-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
i like the nyrius. works well, up to 30 ft... but after that... no dice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page