Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 for Videophiles? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-09-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been thinking about getting a tablet for a year now but found nothing that really excited me, until Samsung announced a new 7.7-inch tablet that will sport (drum roll, please) a "Super Amoled Plus" screen. The "Plus" part increases the number of sub-pixels by 50 percent, this means twelve sub-pixels instead of eight, and a nice 197 pixels per inch. For this new tablet, Samsung has abandoned the PenTile Matrix sub-pixel technology in favor of RGB-stripe. Also, you get 1280 x 800 screen resolution and a width thinner than the ipad 2. Lastly, based on a review I read, the battery was tested using a video loop with brightness at 50% and it got as far as a whopping 12 hours!

The only con is the screen size but I can live with that if I'm getting some amazing eye candy. So, do you think, at least for now, that this is a videophile's dream tablet?

More specs can be found here:
http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...html?type=find

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Specs look amazing, the price is the only kicker that I have seen, around 600 I think. I love the Amoled HD screen on my Galaxy Nexus, but if I were looking into a tablet, I would be tempted to wait a few more months for either an Ipad 3 with an IPS 2048x1536 resolution panel (and awesome battery life and colour accuracy) or a third generation Android tablet with a 1080p IPS or Samsung PLS display with a quad core. I don't think Amoled will move beyond 720p for a while, even though I must admit, 1280x800 at 7.7 inches and full RGB pixels is pretty much good enough.
Reply Portable A/V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page