Hardware setup for a looped presentation in gallery - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to have a looped video play on a screen in a gallery to accompany my pictures and explain what they're about. It could theoretically be running 24/7.

I have the software (Vegas Movie Studio), but I'm not sure about the hardware side.

What's the ideal setup here? My head is swimming with possibilities, so I'd like to narrow things down. The simplest idea is to use a desktop computer and connect it to a screen, but I was thinking of something cheaper, smaller and more efficient.

How about a thin (wall mountable?) screen with a built-in DVD player? Or maybe some TVs come with a USB slot which can play back AVIs/Xvid videos? But if so, can they be on loop, and what sort of resolution is allowed maximum? Finally, how about that Cyclone Micro 3? Could that be used? What's the point of that though if the TV can already play back video from a USB stick? Could a monitor be used instead of a TV?

What are the pros and cons of each approach?

Any advice appreciated here. I'm looking for something under £200-250 max total, and around 16-32" screen size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 04:59 PM

You do know this is the "Portable A/V" forum o_O I would think you'd get responses if you posted into the right forum ....
Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I was thinking of the word 'portable' in a different sense. Could you give a better forum to post to?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbee View Post

... Could you give a better forum to post to?

I'm still too new and haven't gotten my head around all the forums, maybe a mod can move your thread or a more experienced member can make a recommendation.