Small Sporting Event Projecting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I run sporting competitions at various venues, ie commercial gyms, hotel ballrooms, VFW/AMVET halls, high school gymnasiums. I am looking for an all around projector that can be set up to 1) be used to project the live action from the main stage, 2) be capable of projecting graphics from a laptop, 3) would be a combination of the two should we get the production software and staffing to produce it. I have no idea what the lingo is so trying to decipher what I need is becoming a nightmare. Thank you in advance for an and all advice as to what I should look for or how to best approach this.

I have a relatively small budget (~1k). The contests run from 6 to 10 hrs and are once or twice per month. I do not always have control of the lighting which makes this more difficult. One good bonus is I have inherited a 1970s reflective projection screen which has always produced sharp and vivid images from a home slide projectors. I have multiple cameras for input, and a Mac G4 powerbook or Mac i7 powerbook to run from.

Again thank you for your time, I did not locate a similar instance on the forum and did not know where else to look.
Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page