Advice on cluttered cables hanging across my room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if i'm putting this in the right place, but here it goes.I have a bit of a dilemma.I use a video capture card, the Avermedia USB HD DVR to be specific, to offload recordings from my DVR that I want to keep onto my computer.The problem is that my computer is up against one wall in my room and my entertainment center is up against another.Since i'm constantly pulling something off my DVR I never really disconnect it, so I always have this device and it's cables literally hanging across my bed.....and my door is along the wall next to my entertainment center, so I have to step over the cables everytime I go in, or out of my room.I've tripped over them several times.I'm looking for a way to get them out of my way.

Right now it seems like the way to go may be an extended USB cable(the component cables come out of the DVR into the capture card and the USB cable out of that into my PC).I'm thinking of running it around my door frame and behind my desk into the computer.I'm a little hesitant because I don't know how that will affect the signal quality because the distance from the back of my set top box to the USB port on my PC is roughly 30 feet.I wish there was some kind of a wireless solution, But I don't know of any.If anyone knows of a way to make this set up more clean, I would appreciate it.
Reply Portable A/V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page