Need to play video in sync on multiple iOS devices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After spending much time and money investing in my minivan trying to create my own portable video system I have concluded that the cheapest option is for my family members to watch and/or listen to their media on separate iOS devices. The audio can be put out onto our sound system but that only benefits 1 device.

What I desperately want to find is a solution that will play video on multiple iOS devices and keep them in sync. Push play on one device and they all start playing. Push pause on another device and they all pause. It would even be fine for 1 device to be the master device. I have looked into Airplay solutions but you can only Airplay from 1 device to 1 device. Even if you could Airplay from 1 device while also watching on that device it would be some progress. Unfortunately when you Airplay from a device it just puts up a logo saying that your video is showing up on the remote device.

Anyone have any advice? All devices are currently jailbroken, but that has't helped much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 PM

Liked: 32
That defeats the purpose of everyone having their own iDevice, so they can listen to what they want to, not what someone else wants them to.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I hadn't realized that I was wanting to use my devices the wrong way. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I guess if my problem is wrong then I don't need a solution. Anyone want to be constructive?
post #4 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have looked for the same exact thing for the same purpose for Android tablets ...it does not exist.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM

There was an app to support a brand of AirPlay speaker that had that functionality but apple made them remove it
post #6 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 AM

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm looking to accomplish the same thing and the thought of spending $$ on obsolete DVD's players turns my stomach. Also not keen on trying to help kids launch their movies while driving...
Reply Portable A/V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page