Need simple to use Ipod alternative.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Went through and secretly converted all my parents CD's to FLAC with dbpoweramp. Now I am looking for a windows friendly mp3 player to give as a gift. Would like something that will show album art and id tag info, but want it to be drag and drop with windows media player (xp or newer)

Before I get flamed, I know itunes is very easy to use, but the pricing and apple specific issues are things Id like to avoid. Id rather have something that just looks like a usb drive when you connect it to windows.

Any good mp3 players that will show album art and song info like an itouch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM

Look at the sansa clip zip or the fuze. The clip zip is great, really small, supports fllac an many other formats. Shows album art. and sounds good, for about half the price of an ipod
post #3 of 3 Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 AM

I just picked up an RCA model M6204-B 4 GB player, with a 2" display, from Menards for $20 on sale (normally $30).

I plan to use it for audio books, mostly when driving long distances, or while semi-snoozing to rest my eyes. I do have a full 16 GB Ipod that won't fit all our music even at 16 GB, but many of the books won't be kept on the RCA player as some are library books. The RCA plays FM Radio, music, video and pictures. It has a USB charged internal lithium battery. See at Amazon. There is also a link to the mentioned Sandisk Sansa Clip on the Amazon page, which got better reviews and would have cost me more.

This is the second RCA player however. The first worked, then died when I dragged and dropped too large of a single, uninterrupted album file (entire book) onto it and tried to erase and re-program it into song-sized chapters. I bought the first from Target at $40+, and returned it when it quit. I think I messed up the system operating files. So we will see how this second one works.

I do like the operating controls on the RCA unit since they are simpler to hold and use than the Ipod, and the screen is larger.

Wes

Wes
Reply Portable A/V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page