Bye, bye iPod - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Perhaps I am very unique listener who still use iPod 5.5g as most versatile and good sounding device. All iPod classics unfortunately do not sound good and it looks like Apple completely lost interest to this market niche so I started feeling really frustrated until.. Yes, I need to be ashamed I was carrying Android phone for 2 years and I had no idea that it can play audiophile quality formats with close to audiophile quality sounding. I tried poweramp some times ago and it sounded really crappy, so I blamed my devices, until a friend of mine showed me another program. First I couldn't believe that the small program can produce so nice, clear and strong sound. We are being both big fans of only lossless music specifically we are also fans of wavpack format. So the player perfectly plays wavpack including very rare ISO wrapped wavpack. It also plays FLAC, APE with sampling up to 24/192000. Needless to say the player support Apple lossless too. So certainly I could migrate certain content from my iPod to Android phone. So now my iPod is going on a shelf. It was a good friend for years and thank you Apple for giving us such nice device, but technology can't stop and now I am becoming more and more loving Android phones. Recently introduced 64 Gb micro SD cards making my music storage unlimited. Just 3 64 Gb cards beat 160 Gb iPod classic. Yes, I need more storage now, since I discovered that making vinyl rips is a big fun too. Did I mentioned that vinyl rips sound so warm, and so detailed, so you can listen to them for hours indefatigably.

So currently I can recommend two Android applications for audiophiles, they as Kamerton and Neutron. I use Kamerton.

Proudly listen to 24/192 vinyl rips directly on my Nexus phone using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Since having an iPhone 5 my iPod does not see much use I put all my favorites in lossless and send them out Airplay via both Airport Express and Apple Tv 3 and when mobile I use Sfi5pro's earbuds.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hello all,

will the Neutron app work with Pandora or sky.fm? I use these for internet radio for smooth jazz.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
Reply Portable A/V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page