Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-11-2015, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Help with ripping to USB

Hi, I need help. I really don't know much about the digital audio formats, but can really use some help. I want to store my Cd collection on a sandisk 32gb 3.0 flash so that I can use it in my car which has a usb input for media. I successfully was able to rip some cd's from my old pc using windows media-i did this in the wma, normal normal (not pro)format at a bit rate of 192kbps( the highest offerred) - this worked fine and played on the cars media without a problem. Then i investigated the pc's audio playback program and I found that it gave me the options of wma or wav in lossless format. I tried both and they successfully were ripped to the flash, but when I tried to play them in the car, they wouldn't play. Is the cars media playback (a Lexus) not compatible with lossless? If that is the case what format and bit rate should I be using to copy these cds?
Also, Eventhough I was able to find the cover art for most cds, the car doesn't show this when browsing through the albums?
Thanks

Last edited by hmunster2; 04-11-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmunster2 View Post
Hi, I need help. I really don't know much about the digital audio formats, but can really use some help. I want to store my Cd collection on a sandisk 32gb 3.0 flash so that I can use it in my car which has a usb input for media. I successfully was able to rip some cd's from my old pc using windows media-i did this in the wma, normal normal (not pro)format at a bit rate of 192kbps( the highest offerred) - this worked fine and played on the cars media without a problem. Then i investigated the pc's audio playback program and I found that it gave me the options of wma or wav in lossless format. I tried both and they successfully were ripped to the flash, but when I tried to play them in the car, they wouldn't play. Is the cars media playback (a Lexus) not compatible with lossless? If that is the case what format and bit rate should I be using to copy these cds?
Also, Eventhough I was able to find the cover art for most cds, the car doesn't show this when browsing through the albums?
Thanks
The next best quality that your car radio will play is MP3 @ 320Kbps, If you want lossless you will have to buy a FLAC or a WAV player and hook it up to your radio AUX input or a CD changer IN via a special adapter, If it has neither you may have to just settle with MP3 or get a new radio. As far as I know there is no cover art support thru USB flash drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page