FLAC player for IOS with Android remote control - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-29-2015, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
FLAC player for IOS with Android remote control

First off let me say I realize this is kind of a strange request.

I just bought a used Audi whose radio only supports apple connectivity. No bluetooth audio, no aux in. SD card playback only supports MP3 and WMA. In my truck I mainly listen to Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 over bluetooth. So far with the Audi I've connected my Ipad to the interface in the glove box playing Spotify and controlled it with my S5 using the S5's mobile hotspot. This worked great!

I'd like to find a FLAC player for IOS that has the same capabilities. Music files would be stored and played on the Ipad closed in the glove box. Remote control from an Android app on my S5 in the cabin. It's possible that the Audi's steering wheel and radio controls will control the Ipad app but I'll have to experiment with this. I was able to skip tracks with Spotify and I'd assume there would be similar functionality with any app. I mainly want the Android app control to be able to view and search the music library without having to pull the Ipad out of the glove box.

I am aware of bluetooth audio devices that connect to the Audi interface cable but I'd rather not go that route since the Ipad playing spotify works so well and that's what I will use 90% of the time. Also trying to avoid having to convert my files to another format if possible.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page