Portable TV monitors powered by power pack - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Portable TV monitors powered by power pack

Hi,

I need help in setting up outdoor video screening, using TV monitors, powered by power pack. I had instruction from a team in Australia on how to set it up, but it add up a lot of money. Is there any way to make it cheaper? Or there are cheaper version of those equipment? It has to work.

Visibility is important, that is why I need big TV monitors to play USB media content. Is it possible to add subtitles as well using SRT file? Many thanks for the help in advance.

Instruction:

What we have is essentially a mobile car/truck 12v battery connected to a 300w AC inverter. This allows us to plug any household appliance in and run off the battery, we use a battery rated at 130amp hours and his should power 5 TVs for up to say 5 hours or so.

The TVs are standard TV's used in a household, they are somewhat modern and have a USB port in each and we put the footage on the USB and the TVs play the footage off that. The power lead from the TV plugs in to the inverter and that’s how it is powered (the inverter is connected to the car battery), again it’s just a normal plug like you would have in your house.

So you need something like this first

12V 120AH Deep Cycle Battery NUMAX XV35MF Leisure Caravan Marine 500 Cycles (couldn't post the link as I am a new member)

Thats your battery, then you need the inverter which you want like this. See how the plug is just a usual wall socket you would see in your buildings?

The inverter will come with two wires to go to the spot positive and negative terminal on the battery. Usually they're the alligator clip connectors which aren't perfect but work good enough.

Mercury-Soft-Start-Pure-Sine-Wave-Inverters-12Vdc-300W-IPS300-12 (couldn't post the link as I am a new member).

Just the normal TV power plugs. You just use a power board for more plugs like this, you would plug this is in to the single plug on the inverter... and the TV's in to each socket on this power board
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page