Transferring films to a Tablet - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Transferring films to a Tablet

Hi firstly I hope I have the right forum here and I hope someone can sort it out for me. I have a Samsung TAB 3 Tablet which i am quite happy with but I What to is put some films on the tablet so I can watch them as when I fly to Malaysia which is a 14 hour trip I would like to watch the films on the usb stick rather than the films the airline gives you to watch. I can see that the Samsung has a mico socket at the bottom of the tablet so if I buy a micro/USB socket and put my USB drive with films is there a way I can transfer what is on my USB drive to the tablet. If I have to keep the USB Drive connected to the tablet that would cause problems as my tablet is in a case so i can stand it up the usb would get in the way and then the only way to watch the films would be laying the tablet flat which would be no good or is there a cable to get round to attach that would get round this problem>Many Thanks Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Your tablet should have "otg" capabilities which means you can plug in a usb drive. Best option is buy an otg usb drive with micro usb on one end and regular usb on the other. Then you can transfer files using a file manager app.

Some file manager apps have a wifi transfer feature that, while on your home wifi, provided you with an ip address which you enter in your pc browser bringing up a file transfer tool. This would eliminate need to use usb to transfer. Of course you can use a microUSB cable to connect you tablet directly to your PC and transfer files that way.

You can find OTG usb cables that will allow you to connect a regular USB drive (format FAT32) to the microSD as well.

Also, if you have Netflix, you can download movies/shows for offline viewing.

Fyi I like VLC apo for watching my movie files on tablet.

Last edited by DanPackMan; 09-26-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page