Large Monitor to Display Excel Spreadsheets in Conference Room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have an NEC 4010 LCD (40 inch) monitor in my office for small group presentations. It has a DVI video card that can support the 1360 x 768 resolution. The monitor has a DVI input. Using the native resolution with a DVI connection, as usual, produces awesome picture quality.

I would like to get a slightly larger monitor for a conference room (unfortunately, the physical attributes of the room do not allow a ceiling mounted projector).

I want a 46 - 50' LCD (or plasma). I could spend the $4000 and get an NEC MultiSync LCD4610 and be assured of crisp picture quality.

However, does anyone have experience with using a 50in LCD or Plasma TV? (I think I could save $2000 going this route.) I believe this would require a DVI to HDMI cable (unless someone knows about a $2000 TV with a DVI input). I still want to use a resolution of 1360 x 768. I am concerned that the picture quality with an HDMI cable would not be as crisp as a DVI to DVI connection. Any experience to share / suggestions? Would a plasma be less clear than an LCD at native resolution (with DVI connection)?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Why get a simple manual pull-down screen installed, and also use a portable business digital projector?

- Steve O.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-29-2008, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Due to the ability of portable projectors to get up and walk away forever, our business requires them to be locked with only certain people having access. Makes it painful to have an ad hoc meeting (even impossible after hours when the secretaries with the keys have left). Ceiling mounted projectors are the best, but this room can't have one.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrrx View Post

I currently have an NEC 4010 LCD (40 inch) monitor in my office for small group presentations. It has a DVI video card that can support the 1360 x 768 resolution. The monitor has a DVI input. Using the native resolution with a DVI connection, as usual, produces awesome picture quality.

I would like to get a slightly larger monitor for a conference room (unfortunately, the physical attributes of the room do not allow a ceiling mounted projector).

I want a 46 - 50' LCD (or plasma). I could spend the $4000 and get an NEC MultiSync LCD4610 and be assured of crisp picture quality.

However, does anyone have experience with using a 50in LCD or Plasma TV? (I think I could save $2000 going this route.) I believe this would require a DVI to HDMI cable (unless someone knows about a $2000 TV with a DVI input). I still want to use a resolution of 1360 x 768. I am concerned that the picture quality with an HDMI cable would not be as crisp as a DVI to DVI connection. Any experience to share / suggestions? Would a plasma be less clear than an LCD at native resolution (with DVI connection)?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

First get LCD so you don't have to worry about burn in.

Yes you will need a DVI to HDMI cable for most TV's. This is not a conversion cable just a change in connector so the quality is the same DVI to DVI or DVI to HDMI.

I don't think anyone makes a 1360X768 larger than 42. For what you are doing if you get a 50 in screen 1920 X 180 should look great. If you go with a 46" you might find the pixel size of 1920X1080 to be a little small to read, depending of course on how far away you are sitting. If you look at the latest Sony XXX3000's you will find they allow computer input over HDMI and provide 1:1 pixel maping. I use this at home with a 40 in connected to a computer and it provides I great picture for text.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-27-2008, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

It appears that Sharp has two available:

SHARP AQUOS 52" 16:9 6ms 720p LCD HDTV LC-52D43U ~$1700
SHARP AQUOS 46" 16:9 6ms LCD HDTV LC-46D43U ~$1300

I have been trying to locate a store by me with one on display that will allow me to bring in my office PC (that has a video card that supports 1366x768) and connect to it with a DVI-to-HDMI cable - so far no luck.

If anyone has done this (i.e., connected a PC to an LCD TV with a DVI-to-HDMI cable) and can tell me that the text appears as sharp as an LCD monitor with a DVI connection, then I just might go ahead an buy one without testing it myself.

I know the BenQ G2400W 24 inch LCD monitor has both DVI-D and HDMI inputs. Has anyone with that monitor compared a DVI-to-HDMI cable (to the standard DVI-to-DVI cable)?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page