Official Samsung LNxxA550 (Series 5) Owners Thread NO PRICE TALK! - Page 88 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2611 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Newbie
 
gratefulRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yeah, noticed the big jump in "msrp"...but sale price still holding the same. That's weird. What's with the "gold box" talk? Is this a significant savings and how does it work?
gratefulRed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2612 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Newbie
 
raddogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yellow Freight actually owns a few freight companies under it's wings - I would say the tv is in very good hands!
raddogz is offline  
post #2613 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
patsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridge, NY
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does an owners manual come with these sets, or do they give you a CD?

Pat
patsan is offline  
post #2614 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Member
 
ekimneems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can we get more discussion going on settings for XBox 360 over HDMI? Currently I'm using Movie mode, something similar to Cripsy's settings - But everyone keeps saying HDMI Black Level Low and Expanded on 360, that seems to give me blacks that are too dark... So I'm currently using HDMI Black Level Normal and "Expanded" on the 360. What gives? Anyone have any settings/adjustments they noticed big improvements with on 360?

As for GTA IV looking grey/discolored, I noticed that as well and it appears to be part of the weather system - some days are cloudy, some are sunny. The cloudy ones really seem to suck the color out of everything. I'm not a huge fan but I guess it does make the weather effects more dramatic.
ekimneems is offline  
post #2615 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
chef jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsan View Post

Does an owners manual come with these sets, or do they give you a CD?

Yes an owners manual (paper) comes with the tv
chef jer is offline  
post #2616 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
patsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridge, NY
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef jer View Post

Yes an owners manual (paper) comes with the tv

Thanks very much. My parents don't have a computer, so I needed to know if I should print it out here or not. Now I don't have to worry about it. Thanks again.

One more thing...my dad asked me today where the speakers are on the 46". I said I had no idea but would find out. So..where are the speakers?

Pat
patsan is offline  
post #2617 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
chef jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsan View Post

Thanks very much. My parents don't have a computer, so I needed to know if I should print it out here or not. Now I don't have to worry about it. Thanks again.

One more thing...my dad asked me today where the speakers are on the 46". I said I had no idea but would find out. So..where are the speakers?

They are hidden under the bottom front of the tv. They sound horrible out of the box but if you look in the settings thread there are settings for the eq that will make the sound much better. Let me stress that your first impression is going to be that the tv sounds like a tin can change the eq and the tv sounds fine
chef jer is offline  
post #2618 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Senior Member
 
patsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridge, NY
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef jer View Post

They are hidden under the bottom front of the tv. They sound horrible out of the box but if you look in the settings thread there are settings for the eq that will make the sound much better. Let me stress that your first impression is going to be that the tv sounds like a tin can change the eq and the tv sounds fine

Thanks...I'm in that thread now copying down some calibration settings. Their set wasn't even shipped yet, but I want it to go as smooth as possible.
You can't imagine what it's like with elderly parents who choke at the thought of paying to have a cable box each month, much less the cost of the new set. (you know....everything to them is like 1930's or 40's prices)
I told my dad today that this set will look horrible out of the box, so don't go getting all upset. Once I change some settings he'll be pleased.

I didn't realize the sound settings would also be for using the sets speakers. So thank you once again, I will go copy those settings down also.

Pat
patsan is offline  
post #2619 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
chef jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Glad to help
audio settings are post #2
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1020612


BTW just did my first drunk driving mission on GTA4:
chef jer is offline  
post #2620 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Newbie
 
Ludevision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

After exchanging my first set due to clouding bars or uneven backlighting, I'm glad to say this new one looks better.

The only problem I've had with both sets is while watching hockey games. When the camera pans from side to side to follow the puck, I notice 2-3 faint vertical lines or shadows on the screen. This only happens when the camera moves side to side very quickly. Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any solutions? It's really minor, but once you see it you always see it!!

Thanks
Ludevision is offline  
post #2621 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davez82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimneems View Post

As for GTA IV looking grey/discolored, I noticed that as well and it appears to be part of the weather system - some days are cloudy, some are sunny. The cloudy ones really seem to suck the color out of everything. I'm not a huge fan but I guess it does make the weather effects more dramatic.

i kinda noticed this as well, but i also noticed sometimes the leaves on trees were discolored, if the tree has green and yellowish leaves the yellow leaves turn grey while the green leaves stay green, i dont think im color blind but when I play this game I feel like it. Also on pale concrete walls that seem to have slight yellowish or blue tint, are just showing up as grey in my eyes, like im literally color blind.

I'm trying to do more testing within my 30 days, im particularly sensitive to very light yellow just plain out graying out. I also noticed light cyan areas looking too on the gray side, maybe this is a color temperature issue.
davez82 is offline  
post #2622 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davez82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludevision View Post

Hi Everyone,

After exchanging my first set due to clouding bars or uneven backlighting, I'm glad to say this new one looks better.

The only problem I've had with both sets is while watching hockey games. When the camera pans from side to side to follow the puck, I notice 2-3 faint vertical lines or shadows on the screen. This only happens when the camera moves side to side very quickly. Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any solutions? It's really minor, but once you see it you always see it!!

Thanks

I have the exact same thing, i think it is just the tv. It doesnt bother me so I never mentioned it but in Folding@home scrolling left and right across the blue ocean you can see it VERY clearly. The folding globe ocean has huge gradient bands which makes those faint lines just pop out when moving around the globe.
davez82 is offline  
post #2623 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Kangaroo128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, my 46" just came in on tuesday with NO DEAD PIXELS!! Woohoo.
Anyway, here is the review for the set that I just posted on Amazon. I love the set so much that I'm just gushing about it lol. Enjoy.

Oh, and make sure to notice the shameless plug of AVS forums at the beginning.


I just received my LN-46A550 on April 29th and absolutely love this set. I am coming from a Samsung HP-S4253 42" plasma that I've owned for two years. That set was always a strong performer with great black levels and a decent 720p picture. But after living with that TV for a while, I began to get frustrated with the constant threat of burn-in and the TV just had to go. I'm a heavy gamer and I knew that I needed to go with LCD.

About a month ago, I got on the AVS forums and asked for those guy's recommendations for a good set. This 550 came up time and time again, so I took the plunge and ordered the 40" version. It took less than a week from Amazon and CEVA did a great job of delivering and unpacking the set. Yet soon after CEVA left, I noticed a single dead pixel, and I ordered a replacement from Amazon. They were very understanding in the matter and very quick to accept the replacement order. [*Quick side note, Samsung considers "a few" dead pixels "normal" and will not replace things as easily as Amazon did. I simply explained this to Amazon and they ordered the replacement, no questions asked!] By the time I had decided to replace the 40", I said what the heck, and I got the 46" instead.

CEVA again came out, packed up the old TV and dropped off the new one. Ever since then, I've been in love. This is the first LCD I've ever owned that did not have a dead pixel, clouding, flash-lighting, banding, or any of the other many problems a LCD can have. The set looks absolutely fantastic inside and out. The bezel is very sleek with the piano black finish. I had always enjoyed this on my plasma and I still like it on this LCD. The bezel is also very thin, so it feels as if the screen is even bigger than it is. The chrome finish on the bottom is very attractive as is the small LED blue light that shines from just under center. The small light fading when the set powers down was a very nice touch as well.

I also really enjoy having a swivel base. My HP-S4253 was always stationary, so it made things very difficult if you were sitting far off of center or if you had to adjust some cords behind the TV. Now with my 550, I can swivel the TV to watch anywhere in the room and also very easily get to my connections in the back. All of the connections are conveniently located on the back left side of the TV, and it takes one quick swivel to have access to everything.

Now for the picture. All I can say is WOW. If you're familiar with the quality of LCDs over the past few years, you'll really appreciate how fantastic this TV looks when correctly calibrated. The black levels are comparable to my old Samsung Plasma. They are by no means "pitch black" or "inky", but very, very close to my Plasma's picture quality. I can now watch movies in 2.35:1 and not be able to see the black bars because they are truly black. I also am free of the worries of burn-in or retention of those black bars. It's a wonderful feeling.

The brights are impressive as well. Very impressive! If you aren't careful, in a dark room this 550 can cause eye strain. I recommend some ambient lighting while viewing this set haha. All in all, this is a good thing. Sports and brighter colorful movies have a lot of "pop" to them, which is something my plasma could never do. In a movie likes Cars, the plasma always looked kind of muddy and bland, whereas this LCD looks incredible!! I am extremely pleased with the picture quality of this set.

Overall, you'd have to be a fool to not realize the value of this television. Two years ago I spent roughly $2,500 on a 42" plasma with a marginally worse picture. Today I can spend over $1,000 LESS than that and get a 46" set with a superior picture. Amazon gets two thumbs up in my book! They handled everything flawlessly and the customer service was great as always. I also give credit to CEVA for their kind employees and prompt service. This was a great purchasing process and one that no one should be afraid of. If you're in the market for a TV that is full of value, without all of the unnecessary fluff out there today, I say dive in and get this 550!
Kangaroo128 is offline  
post #2624 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Member
 
TcoUpload's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there
I was thinking in buying a 32", and at the moment I'm truly uncertain in what to get.
What's the best in fast pace action games(x360), movies and sd tv:

Samsung LE32M87BD
or
Samsung LE32A552

I'm a bit sensitive to ghosting, blur, banding so I'm looking for some quality set.

Thanks in advance for any help!
TcoUpload is offline  
post #2625 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Member
 
azurepiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Holy HELL!
The price just went WAY down over at the river...

What was the number you call to get some money back again?
azurepiano is offline  
post #2626 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
patsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridge, NY
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepiano View Post

Holy HELL!
The price just went WAY down over at the river...

What was the number you call to get some money back again?


Price is the same....you're looking at an Amazon partner price....

Pat
patsan is offline  
post #2627 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Newbie
 
Jopowee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been researching and waiting on buying my first HDTV for over a year, and I've finally done it. I am now the proud new owner of an LN40A550. Before anything else, I have to say a big thank you to everyone on these forums. All of your knowledge and opinions have really helped me in this process, and I'm glad I can actually start contributing. Read on for a long review.

Got it on Amazon on Sunday (still the best price I've seen from a reputable dealer), it shipped via CEVA on Monday, and arrived in the local warehouse yesterday. I couldn't wait, so I actually went down there to pick it up last night instead of waiting for them to deliver it (FWIW, the CEVA guys seemed pretty cool and helpful). Set it up when I got home.

As for my first impressions, I'm just gonna echo virtually everyone else here and say that I'm loving it. No noticeable dead or stuck pixels, no major noticeable banding or flashlighting. I haven't calibrated anything yet, but the out of the box settings are pretty good. I'll probably tone down brightness just a bit, but otherwise, not much.

I have Comcast HD cable being fed through a TiVo HD, plus an Xbox 360, both connected with component cables, as my HD sources. I also have a Wii and a PS2 (yeah, big gamer), and a Samsung upconverting DVD player (Blu-Ray prices gotta come down a bit more before I jump in there). I played some Mario Kart Wii last night which looked fantastic, plus a bit of Geometry Wars and Halo 3, which both were equally as impressive.

The sound out of the box is a bit tinny as people have said, but nothing too crazy, and I'm sure will be better once I adjust the EQ. I have a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 50's that I'll be feeding the audio to most of the time, anyway. Here are a couple of pictures I snapped last night. I'm sure I'll be around this forum from time to time now, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. Thanks again to everyone for making this an easy decision!
LL
LL
Jopowee is offline  
post #2628 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Member
 
canadianaquos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any advice on monoprice swivel/til mount 3397 for LN46A550 or LN52A550 Please???
Thanks
canadianaquos is offline  
post #2629 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Kangaroo128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone PM me the price of a Directv HD DVR receiver? I'm looking to upgrade and fully utilize this TV. I'd really appreciate it!

EDIT: Drifter77 answered my question. Thanks!
Kangaroo128 is offline  
post #2630 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Member
 
rohitgupta22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Congrats Kangaroo128! for your Purchase and good experience from Amazon. i ordered mine LN52A550 from Amazon and its going to ship today, but Delivery Expected is May 12. i dont know how long its gonna take for mine. and i'm assuming the picture quality of 40, 46 and 52 for 550 is same, because i always heard of 46'' appereciation. if any one has 52a550 can tell me here...
rohitgupta22 is offline  
post #2631 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taurus2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 4,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgupta22 View Post

Congrats Kangaroo128! for your Purchase and good experience from Amazon. i ordered mine LN52A550 from Amazon and its going to ship today, but Delivery Expected is May 12. i dont know how long its gonna take for mine. and i'm assuming the picture quality of 40, 46 and 52 for 550 is same, because i always heard of 46'' appereciation. if any one has 52a550 can tell me here...

I am sure you will receive your new set way before May 12. Just track it and once it arrives to local warehouse, call CEVA and schedule a delivery date right away. Heck, I would give it a couple of days once it's shipped and start calling CEVA to check on it.

Go 24
taurus2007 is offline  
post #2632 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Member
 
Uncle B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgupta22 View Post

Congrats Kangaroo128! for your Purchase and good experience from Amazon. i ordered mine LN52A550 from Amazon and its going to ship today, but Delivery Expected is May 12. i dont know how long its gonna take for mine. and i'm assuming the picture quality of 40, 46 and 52 for 550 is same, because i always heard of 46'' appereciation. if any one has 52a550 can tell me here...

My expected delivery date was May 7th. I received it on April 30th. Order was placed on April 25th.
Uncle B is offline  
post #2633 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Newbie
 
SBDTANGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopowee View Post

Hi All. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been researching and waiting on buying my first HDTV for over a year, and I've finally done it. I am now the proud new owner of an LN40A550. Before anything else, I have to say a big thank you to everyone on these forums. All of your knowledge and opinions have really helped me in this process, and I'm glad I can actually start contributing. Read on for a long review.

Got it on Amazon on Sunday (still the best price I've seen from a reputable dealer), it shipped via CEVA on Monday, and arrived in the local warehouse yesterday. I couldn't wait, so I actually went down there to pick it up last night instead of waiting for them to deliver it (FWIW, the CEVA guys seemed pretty cool and helpful). Set it up when I got home.

As for my first impressions, I'm just gonna echo virtually everyone else here and say that I'm loving it. No noticeable dead or stuck pixels, no major noticeable banding or flashlighting. I haven't calibrated anything yet, but the out of the box settings are pretty good. I'll probably tone down brightness just a bit, but otherwise, not much.

I have Comcast HD cable being fed through a TiVo HD, plus an Xbox 360, both connected with component cables, as my HD sources. I also have a Wii and a PS2 (yeah, big gamer), and a Samsung upconverting DVD player (Blu-Ray prices gotta come down a bit more before I jump in there). I played some Mario Kart Wii last night which looked fantastic, plus a bit of Geometry Wars and Halo 3, which both were equally as impressive.

The sound out of the box is a bit tinny as people have said, but nothing too crazy, and I'm sure will be better once I adjust the EQ. I have a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 50's that I'll be feeding the audio to most of the time, anyway. Here are a couple of pictures I snapped last night. I'm sure I'll be around this forum from time to time now, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. Thanks again to everyone for making this an easy decision!

First off, congrats on the purchase. Im looking forward to buying one myself within May. All I hear about these tvs are how amazing the picture is and all of the features. Also, If you get a chance, can you take some pictures of fasts paced gaming? Like lets say, play halo 3 and have it spin in circles and take a picture of that. I would like to see how this tv handles fast paced panning and motion. Thanks!
SBDTANGO is offline  
post #2634 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Kangaroo128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgupta22 View Post

Congrats Kangaroo128! for your Purchase and good experience from Amazon. i ordered mine LN52A550 from Amazon and its going to ship today, but Delivery Expected is May 12. i dont know how long its gonna take for mine. and i'm assuming the picture quality of 40, 46 and 52 for 550 is same, because i always heard of 46'' appereciation. if any one has 52a550 can tell me here...

My delivery date was always before or on the exact date that CEVA predicted, never what Amazon predicted. As you can tell I've had CEVA out at my house a lot over the past few weeks.

I'm happy as can be now though!
Kangaroo128 is offline  
post #2635 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
crakarjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimneems View Post

Can we get more discussion going on settings for XBox 360 over HDMI? Currently I'm using Movie mode, something similar to Cripsy's settings - But everyone keeps saying HDMI Black Level Low and Expanded on 360, that seems to give me blacks that are too dark... So I'm currently using HDMI Black Level Normal and "Expanded" on the 360. What gives? Anyone have any settings/adjustments they noticed big improvements with on 360?

As for GTA IV looking grey/discolored, I noticed that as well and it appears to be part of the weather system - some days are cloudy, some are sunny. The cloudy ones really seem to suck the color out of everything. I'm not a huge fan but I guess it does make the weather effects more dramatic.

I posted HDMI xbox settings in a previous post. Just make sure that your xbox reference level is "STANDARD", not expanded... expanded compresses the dark colors together leaving a lack of dark detail.
crakarjax is offline  
post #2636 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Member
 
ChrisJCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle B View Post

My expected delivery date was May 7th. I received it on April 30th. Order was placed on April 25th.

What size did you get? I ordered a 46 on April 24 and it hasn't even shipped yet. I have contacted Amazon twice. The first time was last Saturday (April 26) and they told me to check back on Monday. I contacted them again early in the week, and they told be that it was out of stock and they would not be getting them in until May 2nd with the expected ship date of May 5, delivery date of May 14. Of course they apologized for the delay.

It has been listed as being "in stock" a few times since I ordered but, of course, I am sure that they have multiple warehouses so who knows what they really mean when they say "in stock."

Oh well, trying (struggling) to be patient.
ChrisJCrash is offline  
post #2637 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Member
 
canadianaquos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bump
canadianaquos is offline  
post #2638 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Kangaroo128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A few snaps of the 46". Again excuse the horrible camera. Also, these shots should give some of you reference for the size difference between a 40" and a 46". Enjoy.

46"





40"

Kangaroo128 is offline  
post #2639 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Member
 
hought41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered my 46A550 on April 22 and it is scheduled to be delivered by CEVA tomorrow afternoon. I'm just hoping that they will actually call me 30 minutes before they get here like they said they would.
hought41 is offline  
post #2640 of 8397 Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Member
 
hought41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a bit concerned that the majority of this thread talked about what a great LCD this is, but now I feel like everyone is complaining of dead or frozen pixels. Hopefully I'm just worrying about nothing.
hought41 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off