Official Samsung LNxxA650 Owner's Thread - Page 703 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21061 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
gmanvbva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post

I called samsung service yesterday and told them how my picture looks and they said I need a service call. Then in the afternoon I got a call from lifetime service and they said they are ordering the parts for my tv, a new main board and lcds cable, I told the woman at that time about no change in picture when changing AMP settings and she said she will tell the technician in case he has to order anything else. They will be here Tuesday.
I guess they knew right away from my description what is wrong with my tv since they are ordering parts befor they even see it.

From my understanding, there isn't much else they could replace (outside of the panel itself).
gmanvbva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #21062 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Member
 
stevetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post

I called samsung service yesterday and told them how my picture looks and they said I need a service call. Then in the afternoon I got a call from lifetime service and they said they are ordering the parts for my tv, a new main board and lcds cable, I told the woman at that time about no change in picture when changing AMP settings and she said she will tell the technician in case he has to order anything else. They will be here Tuesday.
I guess they knew right away from my description what is wrong with my tv since they are ordering parts befor they even see it.

It sounds more like they are trying to avoid multiple visits to your house by supplying/ordering main parts of the TV. I say supplying because they may have some used guts readily available.

They will probably come out and actually try to make the picture look good first, then have the parts handy if they decide they need replacing instead of coming out, diagnosing, ordering the parts, and scheduling another appointment.

Proud father of a PS3.
stevetim is offline  
post #21063 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Newbie
 
Valtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post

Does anyone else have the SS04 panel in their LN46A650 ?
Is your picture quality rich, vibrant and almost 3-d appearing or is it kind of flat and washed out ?

Mine is a SS04 panel. I haven't done much calibration, but it looks good on the hd programs. It doesn't have a 3d appearance. AMP doesn't make any difference. I also have a Sony CRT hooked up to compare the two.
Valtron is offline  
post #21064 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Member
 
Amays32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskeychris View Post

This TV rocks! And it only seems to get better the longer I have it!




Hey Wiskeychris, how is that game. I played the demo a long time ago and liked it but never picked it up. I think its pretty cheap right now, would it be worth my time? Thanks

PSN: amays32
Amays32 is offline  
post #21065 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Newbie
 
wiskeychris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Its actually a new game called H.A.W.X that isn't released yet. I just downloaded the demo yesterday. It's really cool and looks amazing.
wiskeychris is offline  
post #21066 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Mtnmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post

I called samsung service yesterday and told them how my picture looks and they said I need a service call. Then in the afternoon I got a call from lifetime service and they said they are ordering the parts for my tv, a new main board and lcds cable, I told the woman at that time about no change in picture when changing AMP settings and she said she will tell the technician in case he has to order anything else. They will be here Tuesday.
I guess they knew right away from my description what is wrong with my tv since they are ordering parts befor they even see it.

Rebs,

Anyone who has followed your saga over these last several weeks in this forum knows that no matter what, you will never be satisfied with your set. You are not unique, and no I am not picking on you or singling you out. Like many others you are so caught up with the posts in here about problems (real or perceived) to the extent that you already have returned a perfectly good set. One that you were told (and finally realized) was a cable provider problem (source issue) and not the TV’s. However, you were convinced otherwise. That return was partially a result of the crap posted in here about S, A, & C panels and other such nonsense that permeates these threads and has a way of becoming reality for some.

Your replacement now has “issues” that your first set supposedly did not have. The amazing part is they weren't problems you had experienced with the first set you returned. Not surprisingly they are “problems” that you have seen posted in here while you were awaiting the delivery of your replacement. As a matter of fact you were posting your worries about getting a replacement with these other problems before you even got your replacement. Your replacement arrives and lo and behold it has all the issues you were posting "worries" about that you read about in here. The predictable result in your eyes is your replacement TV is another “lemon”. The end result-----you are a victim more of your imagination than anything else.

You and many others in here will disagree, but that is my observation. That’s fine but with the exception of a few legitimate issues some may have that are truly related to their TV it is the case. I have been lurking in these “owner threads” long enough to see this phenomenon become a trait for many. Some people with a set that looks perfectly fine to them, who come here looking for calibration tips or just out of curiosity, begin reading about all these “problems” and before you know it they are seeing the very same problems. Funny how that happens now isn’t it. What follows is they can’t enjoy what was at first to them a great set, which now has all these “issues” that were never noticed before. All of a sudden they have the wrong panel or bad firmware etc. They are never again happy.

Heck there is at least one poster in here who is on his third TV, and a second panel on that set as well, who is still reporting the same problems and looking to exchange it for another TV. Odds are he will always see the same “issues” regardless of how many TV’s he goes through, and will never be happy with what is probably an excellent product to anyone else. For most of the world that would seem odd, but for the anal bunch that feed off each other's perceptions in here it seems perfectly normal.

Such is the nature of these types of forums. You just can’t take what is in here too serious. Frankly some people should never come here and they would be perfectly happy and enjoy their viewing experience. I hang out in here to try to help on occassion, and also to pick-up on a good tip every now and then about improving viewing; but also for a good laugh over what is posted. It is what it is.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post15734454
Mtnmike is offline  
post #21067 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Newbie
 
rkfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnmike View Post

Rebs,

Anyone who has followed your saga over these last several weeks in this forum knows that no matter what, you will never be satisfied with your set. You are not unique, and no I am not picking on you or singling you out. Like many others you are so caught up with the posts in here about problems (real or perceived) to the extent that you already have returned a perfectly good set. One that you were told (and finally realized) was a cable provider problem (source issue) and not the TV’s. However, you were convinced otherwise. That return was partially a result of the crap posted in here about S, A, & C panels and other such nonsense that permeates these threads and has a way of becoming reality for some.

Your replacement now has “issues” that your first set supposedly did not have. The amazing part is they weren't problems you had experienced with the first set you returned. Not surprisingly they are “problems” that you have seen posted in here while you were awaiting the delivery of your replacement. As a matter of fact you were posting your worries about getting a replacement with these other problems before you even got your replacement. Your replacement arrives and lo and behold it has all the issues you were posting "worries" about that you read about in here. The predictable result in your eyes is your replacement TV is another “lemon”. The end result-----you are a victim more of your imagination than anything else.

You and many others in here will disagree, but that is my observation. That’s fine but with the exception of a few legitimate issues some may have that are truly related to their TV it is the case. I have been lurking in these “owner threads” long enough to see this phenomenon become a trait for many. Some people with a set that looks perfectly fine to them, who come here looking for calibration tips or just out of curiosity, begin reading about all these “problems” and before you know it they are seeing the very same problems. Funny how that happens now isn’t it. What follows is they can’t enjoy what was at first to them a great set, which now has all these “issues” that were never noticed before. All of a sudden they have the wrong panel or bad firmware etc. They are never again happy.

Heck there is at least one poster in here who is on his third TV, and a second panel on that set as well, who is still reporting the same problems and looking to exchange it for another TV. Odds are he will always see the same “issues” regardless of how many TV’s he goes through, and will never be happy with what is probably an excellent product to anyone else. For most of the world that would seem odd, but for the anal bunch that feed off each other's perceptions in here it seems perfectly normal.

Such is the nature of these types of forums. You just can’t take what is in here too serious. Frankly some people should never come here and they would be perfectly happy and enjoy their viewing experience. I hang out in here to try to help on occassion, and also to pick-up on a good tip every now and then about improving viewing; but also for a good laugh about what is posted. It is what it is.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post15734454

Man, that post should be made a sticky on every sub-forum on AVS. So true. Goodness knows I've fallen victim to it so many times, myself. I picked up my 650 just last night and here I am today scouring the forums for "things" to look for. Sure enough, I asked myself WTF I was doing and stopped...that I did my "inspection" last night...the TV is good....and now its time to break out the Xbox or cuddle up with wifey and just enjoy the darned thing.

After some tweaking of course.
rkfast is offline  
post #21068 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Member
 
Amays32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskeychris View Post

Its actually a new game called H.A.W.X that isn't released yet. I just downloaded the demo yesterday. It's really cool and looks amazing.

Thanks Wiskey, I thought it was Ace Combat, I'll have to check H.A.W.X out, I love showing off this tv!

PSN: amays32
Amays32 is offline  
post #21069 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
badbeat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a cable set up question and I'm not sure if there's a better forum to post this in but since it does somewhat deal with this tv and since most of the people on this board are pretty knowledgeable I thought I'd give it a whirl.

My surround sound receiver only has one digital optical input and I have two devices that I want to connect to the receiver via digital optical. Is it possible to run HDMI from both devices to my 650 and then run a digital optical cord from the TV to my receiver and if so, will I lose anything in the process (dolby digital etc)?
badbeat33 is offline  
post #21070 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
gmanvbva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbeat33 View Post

I have a cable set up question and I'm not sure if there's a better forum to post this in but since it does somewhat deal with this tv and since most of the people on this board are pretty knowledgeable I thought I'd give it a whirl.

My surround sound receiver only has one digital optical input and I have two devices that I want to connect to the receiver via digital optical. Is it possible to run HDMI from both devices to my 650 and then run a digital optical cord from the TV to my receiver and if so, will I lose anything in the process (dolby digital etc)?

It is possible. The second part of your question is likely yes, but it depends on your setup (AVR, 5.1, 7.1, etc.).
gmanvbva is offline  
post #21071 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbeat33 View Post

...Is it possible to run HDMI from both devices to my 650 and then run a digital optical cord from the TV to my receiver and if so, will I lose anything in the process (dolby digital etc)?

If you trust the Samsung manual, it says that it offers only stereo over its digital audio output, except in the case where it is decoding an over-the-air signal through its tuner. So you will absolutely lose something by connecting to the set first, and thence to the receiver.
Bill Mitchell is offline  
post #21072 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
badbeat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Dish 722 DVR and a Panasonic BD35 blu ray player and my receiver is an old samsung HTIB 5.1. I'm no audiophile by ANY means but I do hear a difference in audio when I play a blu ray as opposed to watching a movie from my satellite and I don't want to lose that but changing the wires every time I want to watch a movie or watch TV is getting EXTREMELY old.
badbeat33 is offline  
post #21073 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
badbeat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post

If you trust the Samsung manual, it says that it offers only stereo over its digital audio output, except in the case where it is decoding an over-the-air signal through its tuner. So you will absolutely lose something by connecting to the set first, and thence to the receiver.

Thank you both for your responses. I guess I will have to find an alternate solution.
badbeat33 is offline  
post #21074 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Newbie
 
harnets20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My screen appears to shake when I am watching my 650. I had calibrated the settings, but then changed it back to original, yet it still looks to be shaking. Any ideas?
harnets20 is offline  
post #21075 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Mtnmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbeat33 View Post

Thank you both for your responses. I guess I will have to find an alternate solution.

There are Optical digital multi-switches on the market that will allow you to connect two or more optical cables to one input on your receiver. And yes optical out to the receiver from the TV will only give you PCM not Dolby or DTS 5.1
Mtnmike is offline  
post #21076 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Mtnmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by harnets20 View Post

My screen appears to shake when I am watching my 650. I had calibrated the settings, but then changed it back to original, yet it still looks to be shaking. Any ideas?

Was it "shaking" before your "calibration"? Do you receive HD over OTA, STB and how are you cabled? HDMI or component from your source?
Mtnmike is offline  
post #21077 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
rebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnmike View Post

Rebs,

Anyone who has followed your saga over these last several weeks in this forum knows that no matter what, you will never be satisfied with your set. You are not unique, and no I am not picking on you or singling you out. Like many others you are so caught up with the posts in here about problems (real or perceived) to the extent that you already have returned a perfectly good set. One that you were told (and finally realized) was a cable provider problem (source issue) and not the TV's. However, you were convinced otherwise. That return was partially a result of the crap posted in here about S, A, & C panels and other such nonsense that permeates these threads and has a way of becoming reality for some.

Your replacement now has issues that your first set supposedly did not have. The amazing part is they weren't problems you had experienced with the first set you returned. Not surprisingly they are problems that you have seen posted in here while you were awaiting the delivery of your replacement. As a matter of fact you were posting your worries about getting a replacement with these other problems before you even got your replacement. Your replacement arrives and lo and behold it has all the issues you were posting "worries" about that you read about in here. The predictable result in your eyes is your replacement TV is another lemon. The end result-----you are a victim more of your imagination than anything else.

You and many others in here will disagree, but that is my observation. That's fine but with the exception of a few legitimate issues some may have that are truly related to their TV it is the case. I have been lurking in these owner threads long enough to see this phenomenon become a trait for many. Some people with a set that looks perfectly fine to them, who come here looking for calibration tips or just out of curiosity, begin reading about all these problems and before you know it they are seeing the very same problems. Funny how that happens now isn't it. What follows is they can't enjoy what was at first to them a great set, which now has all these issues that were never noticed before. All of a sudden they have the wrong panel or bad firmware etc. They are never again happy.

Heck there is at least one poster in here who is on his third TV, and a second panel on that set as well, who is still reporting the same problems and looking to exchange it for another TV. Odds are he will always see the same issues regardless of how many TV's he goes through, and will never be happy with what is probably an excellent product to anyone else. For most of the world that would seem odd, but for the anal bunch that feed off each other's perceptions in here it seems perfectly normal.

Such is the nature of these types of forums. You just can't take what is in here too serious. Frankly some people should never come here and they would be perfectly happy and enjoy their viewing experience. I hang out in here to try to help on occassion, and also to pick-up on a good tip every now and then about improving viewing; but also for a good laugh over what is posted. It is what it is.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post15734454

mtnmike

I appreciate your opinion and thank you for your help. Perhaps I should have listened to you about the first set, but that issue has not occured with this set, so maybe it was a cable problem and maybe it was the tv. I guess I will never know. However as the tech at BB said when I returned it and he checked it out, it could be an intermittent problem and they may never find it, there for I could have been stuck with a tv with a problem that may not happen again or could start happening more often.
As far as the set I have now, the picture quality is nowhere close to the first set, not only for myself but my wife and friends as well, it is not just a problem with me alone. I did not enjoy boxing up the first set, loading it in my suv and returning it and will not enjoy boxing up this set and returning it either if it comes to that, but I believe in paying a fair price for a good product and expect to recieve a good product. I am not thrilled about the fact that this set has to be serviced and repaired after only 2 weeks. In my opinion this is not quality. But the fact is the picture quality on this set cannot compare to the first set. This set should have never left the factory with the picture the way it is and I blame that on Samsung's quality control. Right or wrong that is my opinion. I will wait and see what happens when they come to fix it and decide then if I am satisfied or not.
Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it. I appreciate your responses, I am not a know it all and that is why I ask questions and seek others help.
rebs is offline  
post #21078 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Mtnmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post

mtnmike

I appreciate your opinion and thank you for your help. Perhaps I should have listened to you about the first set, but that issue has not occured with this set, so maybe it was a cable problem and maybe it was the tv. I guess I will never know. However as the tech at BB said when I returned it and he checked it out, it could be an intermittent problem and they may never find it, there for I could have been stuck with a tv with a problem that may not happen again or could start happening more often.
As far as the set I have now, the picture quality is nowhere close to the first set, not only for myself but my wife and friends as well, it is not just a problem with me alone. I did not enjoy boxing up the first set, loading it in my suv and returning it and will not enjoy boxing up this set and returning it either if it comes to that, but I believe in paying a fair price for a good product and expect to recieve a good product. I am not thrilled about the fact that this set has to be serviced and repaired after only 2 weeks. In my opinion this is not quality. But the fact is the picture quality on this set cannot compare to the first set. This set should have never left the factory with the picture the way it is and I blame that on Samsung's quality control. Right or wrong that is my opinion. I will wait and see what happens when they come to fix it and decide then if I am satisfied or not.
Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it. I appreciate your responses, I am not a know it all and that is why I ask questions and seek others help.

Good luck. The post was to you, but not just for you. What I posted is often the case in here. I just hope you find a set you can turn on and enjoy without getting to caught up in these forums. They can and do have an effect on some people that is truly unfortunate. If it looks good and is what you wanted then that's why you bought one to begin with. Far too often what people see in here soon becomes reality for them. But I think you got my point.
Mtnmike is offline  
post #21079 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jp_tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,061
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnmike View Post

Good luck. The post was to you, but not just for you. What I posted is often the case in here. I just hope you find a set you can turn on and enjoy without getting to caught up in these forums. They can and do have an effect on some people that is truly unfortunate. If it looks good and is what you wanted then that's why you bought one to begin with. Far too often what people see in here soon becomes reality for them. But I think you got my point.

I think eveyone gets it by now since it seems like you keep repeating it on almost every other page.
jp_tech is offline  
post #21080 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Member
 
s0nIc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
okay guys when I watch my blu ray movies on almost any mode.I get the fuzzy backgroung like snowy on the background,I have no idea what it is and its driving me crazy its really hard to injoy the movie,
heres some more
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/100_1473.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/100_1472.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/100_1471.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/100_1470.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/100_1468.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/100_1467.jpg
s0nIc is offline  
post #21081 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
gmanvbva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Links are moved/deleted.

What are you watching BR with and how is it connected?
gmanvbva is offline  
post #21082 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Mtnmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_tech View Post

I think eveyone gets it by now since it seems like you keep repeating it on almost every other page.

I am so very glad you get it.
Mtnmike is offline  
post #21083 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Member
 
s0nIc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
s0nIc is offline  
post #21084 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Member
 
s0nIc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^^^^^^^^^^thats what im talking about--hdmi its connected by hdmi
s0nIc is offline  
post #21085 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wtfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nIc View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^thats what im talking about--hdmi its connected by hdmi

Looks like film grain.
Try watching a CGI movie, they should not have any grain & you'll know if it is the TV or not.
wtfer is offline  
post #21086 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
gmanvbva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer View Post

Looks like film grain.
Try watching a CGI movie, they should not have any grain & you'll know if it is the TV or not.

Yeah, how do logo screens look?

Very likely seems to be a source issue.
gmanvbva is offline  
post #21087 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sharkcohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nIc View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^thats what im talking about--hdmi its connected by hdmi

That's film grain.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
sharkcohen is offline  
post #21088 of 23507 Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Leetthal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Awesome HawX Pictures.

More Pictures please! i'm getting the 40A650 for the Bedroom.
Leetthal is offline  
post #21089 of 23507 Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Senior Member
 
patnalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kennesaw, GA USA
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnmike View Post

I am so very glad you get it.

But you are wrong about the panel thing
patnalli is offline  
post #21090 of 23507 Old 02-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Senior Member
 
rebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer View Post

Looks like film grain.
Try watching a CGI movie, they should not have any grain & you'll know if it is the TV or not.

what is a CGI movie ? just curious.
rebs is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 37 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln37a550 , Samsung 19 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln19a650 , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off