Forum Jump: 

post #23131 of 23513 Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclamais View Post

Does anyone know if the LN52A650 passes digital audio to it toslink out when the audio source comes from a component like a Blu-ray? The blu-ray is connected to the LCD by HDMI.

It only sends digital(5.1) on the audio out toslink when processing OTA (Over The Air) HD signals. Every thing else get sent stereo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23132 of 23513 Old 08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Sammy HDMI issue?
I get an on screen message that says mode is not supported with Toshiba HDXA2player, HDMI cable and HDMI port work with my Blu-ray player, also no problem with Fios STB.
My wide screen is a Sammy 52 inch 650A
I have no problem playing through component source.
I understand handshake problems in equiptment but seeing how it used to work leaves me a bit confused.
I did have similar problem with Direct TV at one time and had to switch to components., I suspect my Sammy being the problem seeing how two different devices stopped functioning, but Blu-Ray player works so Sammy support said not their problem.
post #23133 of 23513 Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Hi, folks. First post here. I tried searching this thread for my issue but I had no joy so I was hoping some kind people here could assist.

I have an 46A650 and a PS3 hooked directly to it via HDMI (no receiver). The problem is with watching blu-ray movies and the voice audio is terribly low. Everything else sound effect-wise is fine. For my PS3 audio settings I have Linear PCM 2 Ch 44.1 khz and Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48 khz selected and nothing else.

Sorry if this issue has been addressed before. I was unable to find it.

Thanks in advance.

-EightCounts
post #23134 of 23513 Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post

Sammy HDMI issue?
I get an on screen message that says mode is not supported with Toshiba HDXA2player, HDMI cable and HDMI port work with my Blu-ray player, also no problem with Fios STB.
My wide screen is a Sammy 52 inch 650A
I have no problem playing through component source.
I understand handshake problems in equiptment but seeing how it used to work leaves me a bit confused.
I did have similar problem with Direct TV at one time and had to switch to components., I suspect my Sammy being the problem seeing how two different devices stopped functioning, but Blu-Ray player works so Sammy support said not their problem.

I get this same problem if my STB gets set to 480I (not supported over HDMI), but is supported via component. I would check that the Toshiba is outputting 1080 (I or P) over the HDMI out.
post #23135 of 23513 Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 AM

Question about the picture modes: Can Movie and Standard be calibrated to look completely identical? Or is there something inherently different about the modes themselves that makes it impossible for them to ever look the same?
post #23136 of 23513 Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 PM

Off and On for a few weeks, I heard what sounded like fan noise in my LN40A650A1F. I knew what it was since I've heard the same noise from computer fans that either needed cleaning or were going to die due to motor failures.

After we were out of town for several days, I turned on the TV and immediately got an on screen error "Check Fan No. 1." and then the TV turns off in a few minutes (by design).

TV is 2 years old, out of warranty. Samsung says the fan has to be replaced. I've found a few people talking about the same thing with the same model on various websites but they didn't offer detail on the repair, and I found a website to buy a new fan for this model.

Questions:

1) Has anyone replaced one of these fans on their own? Any gotchas you can share with me? I'm technically savvy but I don't do repairs for a living. Will I have any issues getting the back off the TV? Will I have any issues re-assembling it? Is it easy or painful? Do I need any special tools?

2) Is this really a bad fan or just a fan that needs cleaning? Anyone fixed this error by just cleaning the fan?

3) Anyone know where I can find a copy of a service manual?

Thanks in advance!
post #23137 of 23513 Old 08-18-2010, 07:13 PM

I have 2007 model ln46a650 and love it but wondering if I can connect wireless and watch youtube. I recently purchased rosewill RNX-N1 wireless adapter thinking it can work straight out of box but no luck. Is there a firmware update I need to do btw I'm running 2007.0

Thanks..
post #23138 of 23513 Old 08-20-2010, 08:42 AM

Ive bricked my 52" 650 after a firmware update.

I used the correct firmware but may have had it incorrectly setup on the USB stick. Set turns on but no image and just keeps cycling the on off process, clicking etc.

Are there any resets or similar available for me? Or do I just have to get Samsung to sort this out for me?
post #23139 of 23513 Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 AM

It's been over 1 1/2 years since I've own this set, and it's still amazing. The primary colors on this is still much better than the majority of HDTVs out there
post #23140 of 23513 Old 09-03-2010, 07:12 PM

I was watching TV this evening and all the sudden the black colors were blue. I unplugged the TV and let it sit for awhile, but it didn't seem to fix the issue. I'm most likely out of warranty because I bought the 46A650 right when they came out (I think it has been three years now?). I attached a picture. Any suggestions? Is this TV shot? I hope not because I just started grad school and no longer have a job to buy a new tv!

Attachment 184832
LL
post #23141 of 23513 Old 09-04-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakino View Post

I was watching TV this evening and all the sudden the black colors were blue. I unplugged the TV and let it sit for awhile, but it didn't seem to fix the issue. I'm most likely out of warranty because I bought the 46A650 right when they came out (I think it has been three years now?). I attached a picture. Any suggestions? Is this TV shot? I hope not because I just started grad school and no longer have a job to buy a new tv!

Attachment 184832

So it happened again, it seems to happen after the TV has been on for awhile. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
post #23142 of 23513 Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So it happened again, it seems to happen after the TV has been on for awhile. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

I don't suppose you've tried resetting the things video settings? Perhaps some obscure setting got changed?

Does it work fine otherwise?

Joe Siegler - joe@siegler.net
Community Manager - Gearbox Software (Duke Nukem) & Black Sabbath Online
post #23143 of 23513 Old 09-05-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondite View Post

Does anyone know how to enable the expert adjustment in the service menu? I have a smaller model in my bedroom and it doesn't have WB or CS settings in the user menu, and I would like to do a calibration on it because I've noticed some things on it that are a bit off that I would like to take care of. I have a white balance adjustment that I can access, but the adjustment is too "coarse" and when I fix the levels that are giving me a problem it pushes the other levels out of whack. There is an "expert Grayscale" menu (which I can't access because it is grayed out) that I am hoping will give me a fine adjustment. Colorspace is also only available when expert adjustment is turned on, but the option for turning it on is grayed out too. Can anyone help me?

Samsung calibration

with the tv Pwr off
Press Mute+ 182+ pwr
go Expert and turn it on
Go to Source and sellect all

In Advance press 0000

Wbalance
post #23144 of 23513 Old 09-05-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post

I don't suppose you've tried resetting the things video settings? Perhaps some obscure setting got changed?

Does it work fine otherwise?

I did a reset via the menu and it was still there. I even unplugged it for awhile and it went away, but after about an hour it came back. I'm going to continue on testing. I checked the back of the panel to see if it was hot, but it seemed cool. There is enough airflow for it to stay cool. I don't know what the deal is. Been trying to search as many forums as I can, but I haven't seen anyone post about this type of issue. BTW last night I seen that there was a firmware update from May 2010, so I did that.
post #23145 of 23513 Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 AM

Do you have a link to that newer firmware?
post #23146 of 23513 Old 09-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Attachment 184832

Cold solder joint? I came to this conclusion when you mentioned that the screen went blue after the set was on for an hour or so. They do take time to appear sometime. You might want to try flexing the RCA jacks if you have any external equipment attached the the unit and see if yuo notice any changes.
post #23147 of 23513 Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Hello...

I am having the power relay "clicking problem" with my Samsung LN46A650 Touch of Red. After having it one year, I had the same problem and Samsung fixed it free. They sent out a technician and he replaced the cheap capacitors (3 of them) with new ones. Now five months later the TV is clicking again and it won't turn on. I want to try and fix it myself but I'm having trouble even taking off the back to access the capacitors. The first time, I missed the hidden screw to take off the back, but I found it. Now, I can't take off the cage that guards the capacitors. I took out 9 screws and there does not appear to be any more screws but the cage will not lift off. It feels like there is another screw somewhere in the middle or the VGA input is stopping the cage from coming off. Does anyone have any experience taking off the cage to this model? Thank you.
post #23148 of 23513 Old 09-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Figured it out. It was the VGA Connector. I had to unscrew the sides of the VGA Port.
post #23149 of 23513 Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM

read through quite a few pages and yes i did google it. sorry if i skipped through it:

i was watching TV (wipeout on ABC if it matters. that jill wagner is a hottie) when my ln40a650 made a single pop noise and the picture died. the TV won't power back on and the standby light isn't on when plugged in. it was connected to a surge protector. i assume this is different from the "clicking" issue as my TV doesnt power on at all.

is my TV fried? should i even bother calling a technician or just get a new set?
post #23150 of 23513 Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. Burns View Post

Cold solder joint? I came to this conclusion when you mentioned that the screen went blue after the set was on for an hour or so. They do take time to appear sometime. You might want to try flexing the RCA jacks if you have any external equipment attached the the unit and see if yuo notice any changes.

Flexing the RCA jacks? You mean the input with the HDMI/Connections at the back of the TV? If that is the case, I unplugged the hdmi cable when it happened the screen was still blue. Plugged it back in the blacks were blue.

The issue is its on all the inputs after the TV has been on for awhile, Even OTA connections. How I tested this: I was watching TV via my cable box HDMI. Once it occurred I changed to hdmi2, the black colors were blue. Change to OTA, the entire backs were blue.

Here is a picture of OTA, after I noticed the color change on the cable box:

Attachment 185311

I'm just confused with this thing, TV is only a couple years old and picture is going out. I don't think it is the LCD screen itself? Maybe some connection or video component? I might stop in at a local TV repair shop and show them the picture to see what they suggest.

If this doesn't get better, I might have to look at some new LCDs.
LL
post #23151 of 23513 Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Haven't popped into this thread in a while, but has anyone found a way to speed up power on time? My PS3 is being turned on and off via Anynet through the TV, but it doesnt show up in the sources list until about 5 seconds after power on, which is already at about 9 seconds. My power on macro is getting pretty beastly!

Besides that I have to say that I am still impressed by the PQ of this set! Of course now I want something bigger and thinner, but this set is good enough that I'll wait.
post #23152 of 23513 Old 09-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Back already

Has anyone noticed and/or found a solution to stuttering or judder in SD scene pans?

This happens a lot when I watch netflix via PS3, there will be a panning scene and the judder just kills me. With HD content there is very little stutter. I have varied AMP with no improvement, and also tried playing with other video processing functions to no avail.

I guess after 2 years, I'm sick of it!
post #23153 of 23513 Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranced1 View Post

1) Has anyone replaced one of these fans on their own? Any gotchas you can share with me? I'm technically savvy but I don't do repairs for a living. Will I have any issues getting the back off the TV? Will I have any issues re-assembling it? Is it easy or painful? Do I need any special tools?

2) Is this really a bad fan or just a fan that needs cleaning? Anyone fixed this error by just cleaning the fan?

3) Anyone know where I can find a copy of a service manual?

Thanks in advance!

I really don't think this will be hard at all. Fans are usually mounted with at most 4 screws and have push-in connectors, so it should be very straightforward to replace. I say just go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram48335 View Post

I have 2007 model ln46a650 and love it but wondering if I can connect wireless and watch youtube. I recently purchased rosewill RNX-N1 wireless adapter thinking it can work straight out of box but no luck. Is there a firmware update I need to do btw I'm running 2007.0

Thanks..

I don't think you can connect to youtube through this TV model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargin View Post

Ive bricked my 52" 650 after a firmware update.

I used the correct firmware but may have had it incorrectly setup on the USB stick. Set turns on but no image and just keeps cycling the on off process, clicking etc.

Are there any resets or similar available for me? Or do I just have to get Samsung to sort this out for me?

That sucks. If you had the firmware set up incorrectly on the USB stick it wouldn't have changed anything. Even so, it does a CRC check to verify that the firmware is ok. Did you lose power to the TV while it was flashing it, or yank the usb stick out prematurely? In any case, I'm sure there is some factory setting for getting a new flash onto the TV but I have yet to have heard of it. You may be able to get some help on the sammygo forums: http://samygo.sourceforge.net/, and if you have some know-how try this: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...Bricked_Device
post #23154 of 23513 Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Anyone knows whats going on with my tv I have a 46 inch in the bedroom and for some reason the picture mode will reset by itself. I choose movie mode and after watching for a while it will just go back to dynamic mode. And also notice all the settings I previously applied goes back to default settings.
post #23155 of 23513 Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Advanced Member

Make sure it's not in store mode.
post #23156 of 23513 Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfoo View Post

Make sure it's not in store mode.

How do I make sure it is not in store mode?
post #23157 of 23513 Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Press the menu button on the side of the set for 5 seconds.
post #23158 of 23513 Old 09-21-2010, 05:09 PM

thank I just did a factory resset and it fixed the problem.
post #23159 of 23513 Old 09-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Interesting problem...

I turn on my receiver and TV this morning, and the receiver comes up fine but my LN52A650 just makes a clicking noise over and over, sounding like it's trying to turn itself on but failing. It will even make this noise when unplugged, that is until I pushed the power button on the TV itself and it stopped. When plugged back in, the clicking will continue.

I don't believe it's the firmware because I did upgrade that as soon as I purchased the set. A bit of searching turned up that it might be faulty capacitors, and that it could be fixed by replacing the existing 10v capacitors. I do have a warranty claim in with the store I purchased from, fortunately I purchased the 2-year on-site warranty so I'm hoping someone can come out this week.

Anyone have experience with this issue?
post #23160 of 23513 Old 09-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizosh View Post

Interesting problem...

I turn on my receiver and TV this morning, and the receiver comes up fine but my LN52A650 just makes a clicking noise over and over, sounding like it's trying to turn itself on but failing. It will even make this noise when unplugged, that is until I pushed the power button on the TV itself and it stopped. When plugged back in, the clicking will continue.

I don't believe it's the firmware because I did upgrade that as soon as I purchased the set. A bit of searching turned up that it might be faulty capacitors, and that it could be fixed by replacing the existing 10v capacitors. I do have a warranty claim in with the store I purchased from, fortunately I purchased the 2-year on-site warranty so I'm hoping someone can come out this week.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

Just wanted to update this in case someone else runs across this issue. I called the warranty folks at 11:30am and by 1:30pm there was someone here. The problem was fixed by replacing the capacitors. The tech also changed out the 10 volts for 16 volts.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 37 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln37a550 , Samsung 19 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln19a650 , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page