Official Samsung LNxxA650 Owner's Thread - Page 785 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #23521 of 23531 Old 02-12-2015, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot View Post
I have read that too. I'm considering removing the back panel to push all the connections to make sure they are tight. On the other hand, I've read this is the sign the panel is starting to go bad. Luckily, about a day or two after this happened, my wife won a Vizio 500i-B1 at work, so it's waiting in the wings in case the LN completely fails.

If I eventually open it up to do the connectors, I'll post an update here, but as it is, I can live with it. Long live the LN52A650!
Since we are having our family room painted, I used this opportunity to remove the back cover. Everything looked fine connection wise, but now I have NO PICTURE! I'm not sure what happened, whether it was during the moving process (removing TV from wall mount), or me removing the back cover. I hit power and the backlight turns on, but I have no on screen display, no picture on any inputs. I can hear the startup and shutdown sounds, and see the red light blink when sending remote codes.

Can anyone provide some guidance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23522 of 23531 Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Since we are having our family room painted, I used this opportunity to remove the back cover. Everything looked fine connection wise, but now I have NO PICTURE! I'm not sure what happened, whether it was during the moving process (removing TV from wall mount), or me removing the back cover. I hit power and the backlight turns on, but I have no on screen display, no picture on any inputs. I can hear the startup and shutdown sounds, and see the red light blink when sending remote codes.

Can anyone provide some guidance?
Yes, its time to buy a new tv.
post #23523 of 23531 Old 02-12-2015, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itwillneverend View Post
Yes, its time to buy a new tv.
Thanks but no thanks. I got it working again! I took the cover off again and rechecked the connections. One of the ribbon cables was not connected - which is odd since I did check them. Anyway, it's working again, but the red line is still there during the warm-up period, so I think my panel is going bad. I'll milk every last once out of it until that happens or a nice 60" set finally lands at an attractive price point (translation - my wife says yes).
post #23524 of 23531 Old 02-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Thanks but no thanks. I got it working again! I took the cover off again and rechecked the connections. One of the ribbon cables was not connected - which is odd since I did check them. Anyway, it's working again, but the red line is still there during the warm-up period, so I think my panel is going bad. I'll milk every last once out of it until that happens or a nice 60" set finally lands at an attractive price point (translation - my wife says yes).
LIke I said, time for a new set. There are a lot of tv under 2K at 60". Look at online stores.
post #23525 of 23531 Old 02-13-2015, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 51
My 47 has been a champ #knockonwood til now. My landlord was putting up new curtains for me (love them) but accidentally stepped on the cord for the antenna ripping that part out. I'm now trying to figure out how i can get local free over the air tv on it. I have a 2 tuner silicon dust dvr, but no way to get it on the tv atm via hdmi. Maybe I'll just cave and get a i7 mini pc. Dunno yet. Anyway everything else works just fine.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #23526 of 23531 Old 03-23-2015, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I lost mine 52" last year. Vertical stripes began to appear and would go away after 30 minutes but after some time they stayed full time. I still have my Lnt 5265F and last May bought a UN65H6350.
post #23527 of 23531 Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine has been getting those stupid vertical lines on the far left of the screen! But after a while they go away. She turned 8 years old this month! I love it and hope she keeps on ticking!
post #23528 of 23531 Old 06-17-2015, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
ln52a650 right side screen flicker

The left side of the screen flickers at startup until I manually warp the right side of the screen....but its really hit and miss, because I don't really know where the pressure should be and stuff.

What causes this, and is there a solution I can apply?

Thank you for any and all help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1684.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	822.8 KB
ID:	782066  
post #23529 of 23531 Old 06-22-2015, 07:51 PM

Thumbs down Lna950

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahmoment View Post
The left side of the screen flickers at startup until I manually warp the right side of the screen....but its really hit and miss, because I don't really know where the pressure should be and stuff.

What causes this, and is there a solution I can apply?

Thank you for any and all help!
Mine is doing the same thing, guess i'll try to get it fixed if it doesn't cost 1/4 the price of a new tv
post #23530 of 23531 Old 06-23-2015, 08:46 AM

Samsung LN32A -- Repairable?

The TV model is Samsung LN32A450C1D, purchased in 2009.

I tried to turn it on and heard a loud pop, and it turned off. I turned the TV on again and seemed to work fine with no picture/sound issues. A few days later, my wife turned it on and heard the same loud pop and said she saw spark(s) come out of the back. I didn't try to turn it on after that because something was obviously wrong and I didn't want to risk further damage.

Looks like the jumper J839 has melted, maybe the associated capacitor is fried. Any suggestions?

(I first posted this on the "LCD Flat Panel Displays" thread, but this one looks more appropriate.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	791874  
post #23531 of 23531 Old 06-24-2015, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Let me know if there was a good fix! I am still manually troubleshooting mine.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 37 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln37a550 , Samsung 19 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln19a650 , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page