Forum Jump: 

post #1291 of 1296 Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkflyd51 View Post

Can someone remind me how to do the factory reset to fix the robot audio issue? I've held the exit button down on the remote with the tv both on and off for way more than 10 seconds and nothing happens....

I've had to do this 3-4 times in the past, but I can't get it to work. I need to write down the procedure... Searched the net for 10 minutes.... Everything just says "hold the exit key down for 10 seconds"....

Thanks! AL

This may help
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1070848
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1296 Old 01-01-2011, 09:47 AM

And the answer is: with the TV on, and with "good" batteries in the remote!

My remote works just fine, but apparently the batteries are on their way out and pressing the exit button for a full 10 seconds, the remote stopped sending the code. Replacing the batteries got me the reset display...
post #1293 of 1296 Old 01-14-2011, 05:54 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm moving a conversation started here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1306256 because this seems to be an issue with my TV, not the computer nor the receiver.

I have an LA40A450. Have had a computer hooked up to it (via my Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver over HDMI) for about 6 months now. Ever since I hooked it up, it's looked a tad fuzzy, almost like the the resolution wasn't the one native to the screen. It was unnoticable during movies, but when there was text on screen (file browsers, etc.) everything just looked a little bit off.

I did a little reading online a few days ago and realized that despite being a 720p set, the resolution wasn't 1280x720, but 1366x768. Ah-ha! I thought. That's why things have looked funky. I changed the resolution on the computer to 1360x768 (1366 wasn't an option for some reason) and it made no clarity difference.

I then tried to plug the computer straight into the TV, and BAM, crystal clear! At this point I had figured it was the receiver messing it up, and I was grumbling about having to ruin my nice, simple setup to get a better picture, but it was ok.

Then, I opted to switch the computer to HDMI1 and the receiver to HDMI2 since the computer would be used most often and it just made more sense in my mind. And wouldn't you know, the computer plugged directly into HDMI1 had the clarity issue again. Then I plugged the computer back into the receiver and plugged the receiver into HDMI2 on the TV. Even running through the receiver, it was crystal clear.

HDMI1 has a lot more settings to goof around with (color / tint, entertainment modes, etc.), whereas HDMI2 seems pretty stripped down. Windows 7 reports that when plugged into HDMI1, the ideal resolution is 1280x720, but when it is plugged into HDMI2 the ideal is 1360x768.

Does anyone know what on earth the TV is doing to video on HDMI1 to make it work that way? It's not a big issue as I'll just used HDMI2 from here on out, but I'm really, really curious just to know a technical explanation (and if, perhaps, there is a way to change this). I certainly wouldn't mind having my video feed have all the adjustments possible available to it, but not at the expense of lesser clarity / focus overall with the PC.

Thanks!
post #1294 of 1296 Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 PM

Hello

I have a Samsung LN32A450C1D LCD TV, I am just using it as a TV no computer.

just a few days ago it stoped turning on and now it makes a weird humming noise when you try to push any of the buttons.

The Standby Light comes on when plugged into the wall. I have also done the power supplt test and it may be possible that the TV's PSU is bad.

if any one has seen this before or has any idea what the problem may be please let me know.

I love this TV and don't want to replace it.

also one other thing it turned on a few times and then nothing aftern that.
post #1295 of 1296 Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM

My LN32A450 just made an incredibly loud POP or CRACK, went off, then came on again on it's on. After I turned it off and then turned it on again several hours later, it once again made a loud series of crackles. Then turned on as usual.

Anybody have a clue as to what is going on here? I've read about bad capacitors on other threads, but not specifically for this model.

Is there any risk of fire or explosion? I'm assuming it's days are numbered. Should I call Samsung? Is it possible this is a recall issue?

Part of me thinks I should just leave the TV on all the time, as this only seems to happen when I first turn on the set. But I would be afraid to go away and leave the set turned on, not knowing exactly what the problem is.
post #1296 of 1296 Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac128 View Post

My LN32A450 just made an incredibly loud POP or CRACK, went off, then came on again on it's on. After I turned it off and then turned it on again several hours later, it once again made a loud series of crackles. Then turned on as usual.

Anybody have a clue as to what is going on here? I've read about bad capacitors on other threads, but not specifically for this model.

Is there any risk of fire or explosion? I'm assuming it's days are numbered. Should I call Samsung? Is it possible this is a recall issue?

Part of me thinks I should just leave the TV on all the time, as this only seems to happen when I first turn on the set. But I would be afraid to go away and leave the set turned on, not knowing exactly what the problem is.

sounds similar to the symptoms that occurred to the one I have. if its the same, eventually the unit will not power on at all. (there was smoke on the last failed attempt). at the time, there was a replacement board on ebay (BN44-00214A) that I bought and installed. been working fine since. should it fail again, i'll replace with a new TV since tech has moved right along since this unit came out...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page