2008 Philips owners thread: 3000, 5000, 7400, & 7600 Series LCDs! - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this thread has been dead for over a month but I just bought the 47PFL3603D/F7 from Target a few days ago. Anyone have more experience with this mode? Am having a tough time with picture settings. I have a PS3 connected via HDMI and the Blu-Ray Digital Video Essentals disc. I get it right to the settings on the test patterns but once I go to watch a disc or other channels it looks way washed out.

All I have is connected via HDMI. I can't say I like this set uses the same picture settings for all 4 HDMI inputs.

I know copying picture settings someone else comes up with isn't a great idea. I tried the settings at the top of this page but those didn't look good to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post

I know this thread has been dead for over a month but I just bought the 47PFL3603D/F7 from Target a few days ago. Anyone have more experience with this mode? Am having a tough time with picture settings. I have a PS3 connected via HDMI and the Blu-Ray Digital Video Essentals disc. I get it right to the settings on the test patterns but once I go to watch a disc or other channels it looks way washed out.

All I have is connected via HDMI. I can't say I like this set uses the same picture settings for all 4 HDMI inputs.

I know copying picture settings someone else comes up with isn't a great idea. I tried the settings at the top of this page but those didn't look good to me.

I have the 42" version of your TV and use the THX test patterns to calibrate the TV. Doesn't look washed out to me but one quirk is that any changes you do to the modes setting, it changes your Personal mode and not the Standard, Game, Movie, etc.
post #63 of 65 Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 AM

Yeah!Thanks for the information.......I'm planning to buy philips lcd.I will do that.....
post #64 of 65 Old 07-05-2009, 05:44 AM

This TV is too awesome. i have the 42pfl3603d model and am happy with it. turn down the contrast it makes it look better. i believe mine is set to around 60ish.
post #65 of 65 Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 20

I recently had my Philips 19PFL3403D die.

I took the least expensive route and ordered the video and power supply boards.

It is up and running again.

Never did like the HD forced, fit-to-screen scaling.  People and objects vertically stretched.
   mad.gif

- Pj
2013 Vizio M-Series M401i-A3 (40-inch) TV. The Latest Firmware I have: V1.34.44.0080. The M401i-A3 Thread. My Latest Settings (For the A3 Panel).
The Vizio M-Series Razor Thread covers all Models 2013 & 2014. I have a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
connected to a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to the Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local Cable to RF-In. Using: Win7 Pro and FireFox 32.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page