Samsung versus LG quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
DFW350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help in deciding on a tv for the bedroom. I've already got a Pioneer Elite in the living room so I don't need 1080. Probably going to go with a 32 inch and have narrowed my choices down to the Samsung LN32A450 and the LG 32LG30. Both appear to be new models so I havent found a lot of research or reviews on either tv.

Price isn't an issue as they cost the same, so which brand do people consider to be the better LCD maker? From the specifications, it looks like the LG might be better, but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks
DFW350z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 53 Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
eimajnacnud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lg=crap. Go for the sammy
eimajnacnud is offline  
post #3 of 53 Old 03-25-2008, 11:06 PM
 
VizioFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^LG is not crap by any means they are the largest panel maker, with Sharp being second, then Samsung. Yes Samsung is better, but not by far. LG is very good...
VizioFreak is offline  
post #4 of 53 Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
memphis87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Id pick up the LG

Northern Illinois University 2010
memphis87 is offline  
post #5 of 53 Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Member
 
LairdDrambeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's simple: LG has a better LCD cell technology - S-IPS is better than S-PVA in every way apart from a very slightly lower contrast ratio... assuming neither Samsung or LG is using 3rd party cells at that size which is always a possibility. Easiest way to check is by looking at an extreme angle - with S-IPS you should only see decreased brightness; any other technology and you'll see disparate color fading and even near inversions.
LairdDrambeg is offline  
post #6 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 AM
Member
 
ph00p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
LGs are crap, maybe they have really nice panels, but they don't have very good QA teams inspecting their sets, I've experienced a horrible lemon and the terrible LG Canada "support" from their phone service. Also besides developing a column of dead pixels, one of the inputs on the tv didn't work. It also didn't have a sharp picture even with adjustments. I had a 37lb5d.

LG makes alot of lemons and semi-lemons.
ph00p is offline  
post #7 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Member
 
slick2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
go LG. u shouldn't be disappointed.
slick2211 is offline  
post #8 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Member
 
LairdDrambeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post

LGs are crap, maybe they have really nice panels, but they don't have very good QA teams inspecting their sets, I've experienced a horrible lemon and the terrible LG Canada "support" from their phone service. Also besides developing a column of dead pixels, one of the inputs on the tv didn't work. It also didn't have a sharp picture even with adjustments. I had a 37lb5d

Every mfr makes the odd lemon - your one experience does not make a mfr's products all "crap". I suggest you go get a Samsung and hope you don't have to deal with their uhh, "support" on clouding, flashlight, smearing, motion enhancement errors and delamination. Hell Samsung can't even get the LCD cells right to start with but decided to dump that problem on their customers.
LairdDrambeg is offline  
post #9 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Senior Member
 
TomGreen321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Used to have an lg 32lc7d ,which one the best looking 32inch tv I saw in any store. Every Samsung I looked at had nasty motion blur in sports, it was warping like a laggy game would. For a 32 inch, secondary tv, you cant go wrong with an LG.
TomGreen321 is offline  
post #10 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
eimajnacnud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any lg I have ever seen has terrible blacks, inaccurate colour, so on and so forth, compared to any of the three S's. The only reason they are the number one is that they sell cheap. Lots of people will buy if it is cheap enough no matter the quality. Check some pro reviews such as cnet, sound and vision or any other respectable HT publication and you will see. I's put LG as a distant 4th or maybe even fifth behind Toshiba and the S's.

Here is a link the the cnet site for lg reviews. http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6475_7-...0036_13840397_. Not too many sets above a 7/10.

And here is Samsung's. http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6475_7-...00036_3808730_. Got some 7's, and even some 8's
eimajnacnud is offline  
post #11 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Porter_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

It's simple: LG has a better LCD cell technology - S-IPS is better than S-PVA in every way apart from a very slightly lower contrast ratio... assuming neither Samsung or LG is using 3rd party cells at that size which is always a possibility. Easiest way to check is by looking at an extreme angle - with S-IPS you should only see decreased brightness; any other technology and you'll see disparate color fading and even near inversions.

there's a lot more to tv's than just panel technology.

OP - both seem like good choices, go view them in store and choose the one that looks best to your eyes (after adjusting picture settings in store).
Porter_ is offline  
post #12 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Member
 
LairdDrambeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimajnacnud View Post

Any lg I have ever seen has terrible blacks, inaccurate colour, so on and so forth, compared to any of the three S's. The only reason they are the number one is that they sell cheap. Lots of people will buy if it is cheap enough no matter the quality. Check some pro reviews such as cnet, sound and vision or any other respectable HT publication and you will see. I's put LG as a distant 4th or maybe even fifth behind Toshiba and the S's.

Here is a link the the cnet site for lg reviews. http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6475_7-...0036_13840397_. Not too many sets above a 7/10.

And here is Samsung's. http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6475_7-...00036_3808730_. Got some 7's, and even some 8's

No, they do NOT sell cheap - you're not even up to date on prices for similar class products. CNET has no credibility at all - shills for whoever has the highest $$, whether it be TVs, printers or computers... and they are most definitely NOT "pro reviews". It's easy enough to find reviews which contradict your opinion - here's one for the LG LBXs PCMag 47LBX where you can check the uhh, "cheap" price which is of course higher than street-price, just like all the others including the 3Ss - now check out his review for similar Samsung models. Whether you believe Mr. Heron matters not - it's another objective review with hard facts.

Just because you happened to glance at an LG in a store and noticed "inaccurate colour" is an utterly worthless criterion - stores have been known to maladjust some sets and optimally tune others. As for evaluating any kind of equipment, "so on and so forth" is not err, terribly helpful.
LairdDrambeg is offline  
post #13 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Member
 
LairdDrambeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter_ View Post

there's a lot more to tv's than just panel technology.

Of course, but if the basic LCD cell is a turd, it's not a good starting point.
LairdDrambeg is offline  
post #14 of 53 Old 03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
eimajnacnud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

No, they do NOT sell cheap - you're not even up to date on prices for similar class products. CNET has no credibility at all - shills for whoever has the highest $$, whether it be TVs, printers or computers... and they are most definitely NOT "pro reviews". It's easy enough to find reviews which contradict your opinion - here's one for the LG LBXs PCMag 47LBX where you can check the uhh, "cheap" price which is of course higher than street-price, just like all the others including the 3Ss - now check out his review for similar Samsung models. Whether you believe Mr. Heron matters not - it's another objective review with hard facts.

Just because you happened to glance at an LG in a store and noticed "inaccurate colour" is an utterly worthless criterion - stores have been known to maladjust some sets and optimally tune others. As for evaluating any kind of equipment, "so on and so forth" is not err, terribly helpful.

OK. So I just read a review of a high priced piece of crap lg. Brand new tech and it can't even beat last years Samsung 5265 for blacks, colours, and contrast ratio (not that Moron(oops), Heron gave the 65 a good score, unlike pretty much everyone else, even besides the "money grubbing" cnetters). 3.5 out of 5. That's a GREAT score. And seriously, a pc mag for a HT tv review. Good choice.

And to check out tv's, I always quickly re-adjust them to the more proper movie and warm settings to get a quick look at the picture while in a store. I wish I could break out the calibration disc everytime I went to a store, but that's not gonna happen.

And what I meant by cheap is cheaper than the other higher quality products. They lessen there price to make there lesser product more attractive.
eimajnacnud is offline  
post #15 of 53 Old 03-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Member
 
LairdDrambeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimajnacnud View Post

OK. So I just read a review of a high priced piece of crap lg. Brand new tech and it can't even beat last years Samsung 5265 for blacks, colours, and contrast ratio (not that Moron(oops), Heron gave the 65 a good score, unlike pretty much everyone else, even besides the "money grubbing" cnetters). 3.5 out of 5. That's a GREAT score. And seriously, a pc mag for a HT tv review. Good choice.

And to check out tv's, I always quickly re-adjust them to the more proper movie and warm settings to get a quick look at the picture while in a store. I wish I could break out the calibration disc everytime I went to a store, but that's not gonna happen.

And what I meant by cheap is cheaper than the other higher quality products. They lessen there price to make there lesser product more attractive.

Oh it's beats Samsung on several counts and there's nothing wrong with the colors when you get it adjusted correctly, which is more than choosing "warm" or "movie" settings. Are you sure you know what your doing and talking about? Even Samsungs have to have "User Mode" settings and the idiot mode controls removed, which would be the XD Engine for LG - no need for a calibration disc.

As for PCMag they have a reputation to uphold with ALL equipment, unlike the shills at CNet who have always been utterly clueless wannabes.

It appears that you are not too good with reading numbers either - the 47LBX MSRP tracks quite closely with the Samsung LN-T4669F over their product cycle - almost same size screen & features... so no, they do not "lessen there[sic] prices".
LairdDrambeg is offline  
post #16 of 53 Old 03-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Member
 
Hynad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I trust Robert Heron's reviews over any crap you get on other sites.

That guy tests TVs using tools (he actually test the limits of the TVs) and his views on most of the thing he reviews are clear and unbiased.
Hynad is offline  
post #17 of 53 Old 03-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
eimajnacnud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

Oh it's beats Samsung on several counts and there's nothing wrong with the colors when you get it adjusted correctly, which is more than choosing "warm" or "movie" settings. Are you sure you know what your doing and talking about?

Do you even know how to read something fully? Obviously not. Probably have the attention span of a shrew and read only what you want to see. When I check a set in the store, I adjust the settings to a more appropriate warm and movie setting, not torch mode like you probably have your set adjusted to, or not adjusted from. Like I said I don't waste my time correcting everything as I want a quick reference to what a more "realistic" picture looks like. Not some crushed black, bluish tinted world. But hey, if you have hours to waste in a store doing that, go right ahead. I have a life to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

Even Samsungs have to have "User Mode" settings and the idiot mode controls removed, which would be the XD Engine for LG - no need for a calibration disc.

Every tv needs to be calibrated. Do you even know what YOU are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

As for PCMag they have a reputation to uphold with ALL equipment, unlike the shills at CNet who have always been utterly clueless wannabes.

ALL equipment. That is why I would take the word from someone at Sound and Vision or almost any other HOME THEATRE publication because they are more dedicated to one focus, not all things. I like cnet because unlike your highly touted PCMag, they seem to be more accurate and more in line with the ratings of other publications. Seriously, a PC mag for Home Theatre reviews. What is the world coming to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

it appears that you are not too good with reading numbers either - the 47LBX MSRP tracks quite closely with the Samsung LN-T4669F over their product cycle - almost same size screen & features... so no, they do not "lessen there[sic] prices".

How old is the 4669? Are price drops not inevitable in the tech industry, even from the manufacturer? I don't follow lg because they make crap so I don't know if this set is new or not. But the 4669 is at probably 6-12 months old so I figure that's why it is less expensive than your VAUNTED lg. I would say that this lg set, since it is there "flagship" set (hard to say that about any lg) would compare in price more appropriately with the Sammy 46a750 or 71 series and the top line Sony's.

And what is the manufacturers spec? Who cares about manufacturer specs. They are always flubbed. Even in that embracing article I read, your lg had a lowly cr of what, under a 1000:1? What is the Manufacturers spec? Higher i'm guessing.
eimajnacnud is offline  
post #18 of 53 Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
eimajnacnud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynad View Post

I trust Robert Heron's reviews over any crap you get on other sites.

That guy tests TVs using tools (he actually test the limits of the TVs) and his views on most of the thing he reviews are clear and unbiased.

To each there own. I trust reviews from others. I take all that I can read into consideration, and throw out the extremely glowing and extremely scathing reviews because somewhere in the middle is where the truth really is.
eimajnacnud is offline  
post #19 of 53 Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Newbie
 
IMOp-i-nion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why is this forum so often plagued with brand loyal opinionated replies ???
18 posts ... and little helpful information !!!

The original question was, which is better ( Samsung LN32A450 and the LG 32LG30 ).

Has anyone seen the 2 side by side properly calibrated & put through a series of unbiased tests ???
I agree, that many reviews suggest many ("PAST") Samsung models rated better than many ("PAST") LG models. - by a small margin at best !

As a manufacturer, is LG capable of producing a better product !? ( YES ! )
IMOp-i-nion is offline  
post #20 of 53 Old 03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Member
 
Porter_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOp-i-nion View Post

Why is this forum so often plagued with brand loyal opinionated replies ???

pobably because most of the time the OP asks for opinions...
Porter_ is offline  
post #21 of 53 Old 03-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Nutty4hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Regina,Canada
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own a LG, the 42lb5d and it's a pretty decent lcd for the price. My wife loves it but I am still not sure as I see vertical lines (she doesn't) and I see clouding (she doesn't), but that's an issue with a lot of different lcd makers, not just LG.

Again, for the price, the LG is worth it and it does very very well in motion as I have watched hockey and basketball and even some baseball the past few days and have had zero motion or stutter issues, unlike with some of the bigger Brand names I tried prior. So..for a great price and good quality, LG rocks....but..still buying a Samsung for my other room as they tend to have better colors and much better contrast. A LG for bedroom and then a NEW Samsung release for the other room if they live up to the hype.

Either way..we win...it's HD and it's Big and life is good
Nutty4hockey is offline  
post #22 of 53 Old 03-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Member
 
ront2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Middlesex County,CT
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did see them side by side at BB a couple weeks ago,in fact the installation boys had just finished hanging them.Both sets looked equally good,in the end I bought the Sammy.Not a fanboy,just liked the looks,features,remote of the 450 better.The LG is probably fine set.For whatever its worth,the 2 install guys that day at BB told me if I was planning to wall mount to get the Samsung.They said it used larger screws and/or was just plain sturdier.Kind of made a point about that.They weren't blue or yellow shirts either,maybe Geek Squad? Does BB have roving installers?
ront2 is offline  
post #23 of 53 Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Member
 
DeathRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimajnacnud View Post

Lg=crap. Go for the sammy

Not always. I just purchased a new laptop - XPS M1530. I got the coveted 1680x1050 LG panel. The display is crisp and clear.

My brother has the same laptop, but ended up with the 1680x1050 Sammy panel. He will probably have it replaced under warranty.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=215595

Mongo only pawn in game of life...
DeathRider is offline  
post #24 of 53 Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nielo TM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdDrambeg View Post

It's simple: LG has a better LCD cell technology - S-IPS is better than S-PVA in every way apart from a very slightly lower contrast ratio... assuming neither Samsung or LG is using 3rd party cells at that size which is always a possibility. Easiest way to check is by looking at an extreme angle - with S-IPS you should only see decreased brightness; any other technology and you'll see disparate color fading and even near inversions.


You're are wayyy off bud.

Large screen S-PVA, ASV, A/P/S-MVA and IPS-Alpha are much better than LG.Philips's S-IPS.

Granted, S-IPS does shine when it comes to PC monitors, but in the TV department, they are one of the worst.

PS: You need to do more research on LCd panels tbh

PPS: I do have to point out that LG display's quality and reliability have always been an issue in the UK. Don't about the U.S. models but I doubt they are different.
Nielo TM is offline  
post #25 of 53 Old 03-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Member
 
lostsocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW350z View Post

I need help in deciding on a tv for the bedroom. I've already got a Pioneer Elite in the living room so I don't need 1080. Probably going to go with a 32 inch and have narrowed my choices down to the Samsung LN32A450 and the LG 32LG30. Both appear to be new models so I havent found a lot of research or reviews on either tv.

Price isn't an issue as they cost the same, so which brand do people consider to be the better LCD maker? From the specifications, it looks like the LG might be better, but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks

I just returned the Samsung LN32A450 to BB today. I have NEVER seen so much ghosting in a TV in my life. I even looked at the display model at BB and it stood out even more. Honestly I have never been so dissapointed in a product in my life. There is just an overall "odd flow" to motion on this set. Anyway I have a new 1080p Regza coming in the mail, and I will be buying the LG 32LG30 to compare. I saw the LG in BB today and I really liked it. Anyway, I would NOT recommend the Samsung. The ghosts.. they haunt.
lostsocks is offline  
post #26 of 53 Old 03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nielo TM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Samsung is known to use 3rd party panels on their 32" and 26" range. So might be unlucky and got a CMO panel.
Nielo TM is offline  
post #27 of 53 Old 03-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
philhas5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVN5 View Post

You're are wayyy off bud.

Large screen S-PVA, ASV, A/P/S-MVA and IPS-Alpha are much better than LG.Philips's S-IPS.

PS: You need to do more research on LCd panels tbh

Sorry you have it backwards. S-IPS are the best period. The others you mention are outdated and can not compare.

http://www.digitaltigers.com/s-ips.shtml

You need to keep up with LCD and stop reading comic books.
philhas5 is offline  
post #28 of 53 Old 03-30-2008, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
r1dude57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portage, MI
Posts: 1,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I went through 3 bad Samsung LCD tvs, and 2 bad Samsung phones in a month. That should tell you about Samsungs quality control. Don't even get me started on the customer service.
r1dude57 is offline  
post #29 of 53 Old 03-30-2008, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nielo TM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhas5 View Post

Sorry you have it backwards. S-IPS are the best period. The others you mention are outdated and can not compare.

http://www.digitaltigers.com/s-ips.shtml

You need to keep up with LCD and stop reading comic books.

Actually, I know about the panel game bud.

What you have to is learn to separate the monitor panels from the TV panels.

Here’s something simpler, go to a store and the difference from S-IPS, S-PVA , IPS Alpha and ASV

PS: Speaking of comic books, look who’s reading fictional tech document from LG lol
Nielo TM is offline  
post #30 of 53 Old 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
DFW350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for all the comments. After viewing the 2 tvs at best buy, I decided to go with the Samsung. The picture just looked better to me and after having it in the bedroom now for a few days, I'm happy with the purchase. The 32 inch is the perfect size for the bedroom. I like the design and look of the tv, simple but elegant.

This is a secondary tv that I don't plan on using for gaming or serious tv/movie watching. I have an untrained eye, but to me the HD and SD picture quality is very good. Colors look great while watching the NCAA games this weekend and movies on HD HBO look good.

Overall, for the price and considering that this is a bedroom tv for me, I am very pleased with the purchase so far.
DFW350z is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off