Toshiba Regza AV500 series -- anyone have one yet? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone else picked up one of the new Toshiba AV500 LCDs? What do you think?

We got a 26AV500(U) for the bedroom, just set up this afternoon...so far, so good. We haven't had a chance to watch it a lot yet, but from what I've seen so far, it's a VERY nice TV (even at that size)....

more later

DGK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-30-2008, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Bump....
post #3 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM

I did take a look at one and liked what I saw, as well. Considering getting one for use in a small den and hope it can perform OK as a computer monitor, as well. Will be interested in your followup reports. Good luck with the unit!
post #4 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb1xyl1 View Post

I did take a look at one and liked what I saw, as well. Considering getting one for use in a small den and hope it can perform OK as a computer monitor, as well. Will be interested in your followup reports. Good luck with the unit!

Thanks!

So far it's performing quite well. Setup is easy, and the PQ is very good. We don't have digital cable upstairs, and the signal runs through a Panny DMR-EZ27K (with tuner and upconversion) but regardless, the picture is still great. The only thing I'd say I don't like about it so far is the location of the connections on the back. They are UNDER an overhang on the back of the set, not located directly on the back of the set like I've seen with other TVs, so it's pretty hard to see the connectors when trying to plug stuff in. (Makes me wonder, what were they thinking with this design?! It's just odd.) Other than that, though, no complaints thusfar.

It's a good TV for a bedroom (where we have ours) or smaller room, and I'd think it would make a good monitor as well, but we haven't tried hooking a PC up to it yet. (Hubby has his PC upstairs so we may try that soon, just to see what it looks like and how it works.)

DGK
post #5 of 7 Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 AM

We bought a 32av500 and are pleased with the picture. Overall for the price, it's a good TV.

My only problem - it will not remember my channel settings. We watch the OTA channels but there are some we don't want to display. When i select the manual display option to off, it still shows some stations. I've gone through the process a number of times and the channels always come back. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on why this might be occuring?
post #6 of 7 Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 AM

Two long years of analysis-two years of paralysis...reading the minutia of videophiles...finally decided on a Toshiba-couldn't find the 37HL67 so bought the AV500--LOVE IT. -For 95% of us-this TV and many others are amazing. For the other 5% -I love your passion- but it does little for the guy who just wants a good TV. It freezes us into inaction.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM

http://www.regzalcdtv.com/

You can't find it there. I remember reading it on the forum that non-regza models from Toshiba are not actually built by Toshiba itself. Just FYI.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page