Toshiba Regza AV500 series -- anyone have one yet? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
DeeKaye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone else picked up one of the new Toshiba AV500 LCDs? What do you think?

We got a 26AV500(U) for the bedroom, just set up this afternoon...so far, so good. We haven't had a chance to watch it a lot yet, but from what I've seen so far, it's a VERY nice TV (even at that size)....

more later

DGK
DeeKaye07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-30-2008, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
DeeKaye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump....
DeeKaye07 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Member
 
gb1xyl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did take a look at one and liked what I saw, as well. Considering getting one for use in a small den and hope it can perform OK as a computer monitor, as well. Will be interested in your followup reports. Good luck with the unit!
gb1xyl1 is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 03-31-2008, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
DeeKaye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb1xyl1 View Post

I did take a look at one and liked what I saw, as well. Considering getting one for use in a small den and hope it can perform OK as a computer monitor, as well. Will be interested in your followup reports. Good luck with the unit!

Thanks!

So far it's performing quite well. Setup is easy, and the PQ is very good. We don't have digital cable upstairs, and the signal runs through a Panny DMR-EZ27K (with tuner and upconversion) but regardless, the picture is still great. The only thing I'd say I don't like about it so far is the location of the connections on the back. They are UNDER an overhang on the back of the set, not located directly on the back of the set like I've seen with other TVs, so it's pretty hard to see the connectors when trying to plug stuff in. (Makes me wonder, what were they thinking with this design?! It's just odd.) Other than that, though, no complaints thusfar.

It's a good TV for a bedroom (where we have ours) or smaller room, and I'd think it would make a good monitor as well, but we haven't tried hooking a PC up to it yet. (Hubby has his PC upstairs so we may try that soon, just to see what it looks like and how it works.)

DGK
DeeKaye07 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Newbie
 
tjhenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We bought a 32av500 and are pleased with the picture. Overall for the price, it's a good TV.

My only problem - it will not remember my channel settings. We watch the OTA channels but there are some we don't want to display. When i select the manual display option to off, it still shows some stations. I've gone through the process a number of times and the channels always come back. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on why this might be occuring?
tjhenn is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Newbie
 
smearaj2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Two long years of analysis-two years of paralysis...reading the minutia of videophiles...finally decided on a Toshiba-couldn't find the 37HL67 so bought the AV500--LOVE IT. -For 95% of us-this TV and many others are amazing. For the other 5% -I love your passion- but it does little for the guy who just wants a good TV. It freezes us into inaction.
smearaj2 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Member
 
starhusker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.regzalcdtv.com/

You can't find it there. I remember reading it on the forum that non-regza models from Toshiba are not actually built by Toshiba itself. Just FYI.
starhusker is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off