Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm, I dunno- maybe it was to do with the TV being 1080p and your monitor not. It could be because there are twice as many pixels on this thing? Im talking out of my arse- just thinking of possibilities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Liked: 11
Has anyone used the DLNA function to stream movies wireless from there computer to there TV. Is this even possible. If not how could you use this function? I have some 1080p movies on my computer that I would like to watch on a TV like this. If I can use the DLNA to do this then the extra money for the 75 series would be worth it to me. The files are in an open source HD format forget the name of format and don't have in front of me. Could get it later.
post #363 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post

Has anyone used the DLNA function to stream movies wireless from there computer to there TV. Is this even possible. If not how could you use this function? I have some 1080p movies on my computer that I would like to watch on a TV like this. If I can use the DLNA to do this then the extra money for the 75 series would be worth it to me. The files are in an open source HD format forget the name of format and don't have in front of me. Could get it later.

Look at post 1 of this thread, you will find all the technical details there.

Mosh~~
post #364 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM

I read that over before.. I was interested in seeing if it was possible to play something in HD from computer to TV. I don't see HD formats supported but it also says other formats are supported.

I also be interested in hearing how easy it is to use the Samsung software you need to install on your computer to do this. Also it say you need to use cat5 line not wireless to do this protocol.

Thanks,

-Chris
post #365 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM

Hello,

I was using these forums for the last few weeks to do research on the new TV I was planning on purchasing. I ended up settling on an LN52A750 so I figured I would post my experiences on here for anyone interested. I would like to start by saying I am absolutely in LOVE with this screen. While I was hunting for the screen that was right for me, the Samsungs just screamed out at me for multiple reasons. I was originally planning on buying the 650, but after seeing them both, playing with them both, and reading up on them both, I decided the extra 200 dollars or so I would pay would be worth it (I talked the salesman down a bit ). I picked the TV up last Friday, and have since have pretty much ran it thorugh every conceivable configuration and settings. I have attached my macbook to it, PS3, Xbox360, wii, DVD player, Cable television, OTA HD Digital TV broadcasts with an antenna. I have played SD (cable obviously) 720p/i 1080p/i content using component, vga, hdmi, coaxial, RCA, and s-video. I have played around with the w.link pro. I have also tweaked the screen settings to all hell, played with AMP alot (I really like what it does to the video output). I have not played with DNLA yet but I will be shortly, I just have not had the time. As far as amp is concerned, I read alot about how there were some firmware updates that changed the strength of the AMP for the 650s. I would like to mention that the AMP feature has multiple strength settings in the menu in case you were not aware (Off, low, medium, high). The AMP works GREAT for playing games, such as GTAIV, that do not run at a great frame rate. I have noticed it can make TV and DVDs look a bit unnatural, but after watching it for a while, I stop noticing until I turn it off, at which point I turn it back on because after getting used to it, I dont want to stop using it. I really like the chassis as well. The controls for the TV are actually behind the front glass, and illuminated touch sensitive. It is very slick. Over all, I absolutely LOVE this TV and could not imagine having got anything else. I am very pleased with my purchase.

If anyone has any questions or wants pictures, etc., please let me know. I will keep an eye on this thread for a bit.

P.S. I have noticed the HALO EFFECT but in all honesty could not care less. If anything It's kind of neat looking.

Thanks!
post #366 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

[quote=thewayacts92;13871536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog6 View Post

I got my 71 replacement approved for a 750 a couple of days ago, after some back and forth about the 650 or 750 being the replacement of course, but they ended up giving me the 750. Can't wait to get it.

sorry, what do you mean by getting your "71 replacement approved"?

That samsung is replacing my 71 with a 750, i'm just waiting on delivery now.
post #367 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastorm View Post

I know I cant be the only person on this forum to be using a audio system in conjunction with this TV. Can anyone else that is using a audio system for their audio please respond with whether or not they are having this same issue with lag? If you play the audio and video through the tv there is no lag and my assumption is because the set is syncing the audio with the video as it should the tv can delay the audio signal to match the delay of the video the tv is producing. I'm not going to keep this set if I have to listen to audio through the tv because in my opinion what is the point of having a 3000 dollar plus tv if you are going to listen to audio through the lamo speakers on the set.

Just bought the 52A750 last night at CC. Was able to drop the price quite a bit by purchasing a PS3 at the same time.

While watching HD channels (noticeably on CNNHD) I do notice audio lag. I am running direct into the TV from my DTV box. I am using component for vid and RCA for audio because I refuse to pay $100+ for a cable at CC (Monoprice order already submitted ) Maybe it's an issue with the RCA and that HDMI will fix. I'll report back after I get the new cable.
post #368 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 12:15 PM

I noticed a significant audio lag on my 750 also, when I was playing a DVD on my LG HTIB connected to the TV by S-video. Once my Monoprice HDMI cables arrived I no longer saw/heard the lag (n=1 though). I never noticed the lag with the cable feed or OTA HDTV, so in my case it may have just been a matter of having a cheaper sound system.

On a separate note: when watching an upscaled DVD on my system the colors seem to be a bit washed out. Does anyone know if this a byproduct of the upscaling or (/and) something I could tweak to look right with better calibration?
post #369 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorphin View Post

My cat likes to watch TV, especially the Simpsons. I'm interested to see if my 750 arriving tommorrow blows his mind as much as I expect it will mine (Is that odd?)...

By the way, all LCDs do that when you touch them. That's why you're not supposed to touch them. I wouldn't worry about it unless not being able to touch your TV during viewing would really screw up your routine....

Haha.

When we got our kitten it was right before football season started. She'd just sit in front of the TV and watch for the entire game. It was hilarious. She'd move her head when there was a pass, etc.

Once I get this TV, I can't imagine what she'll do.
post #370 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post

I also be interested in hearing how easy it is to use the Samsung software you need to install on your computer to do this. Also it say you need to use cat5 line not wireless to do this protocol.

Thanks,

-Chris

Been lurking for the past week, while I made up my mind to go for the 40A750 (just placed my order).

I'll be using the DLNA to connect PC and TV over my wired home network. That's basically what sold me on the 7 series!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian
post #371 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdricha View Post

Been lurking for the past week, while I made up my mind to go for the 40A750 (just placed my order).

I'll be using the DLNA to connect PC and TV over my wired home network. That's basically what sold me on the 7 series!

Cheers,
Brian

Congrats, enjoy your new toy!

The scariest words in the English language are:
"Hello, we're from the government, and we're here to help."

PS3 HDMI 1.4
GT50 3D 1080p Plasma HDTV
10' 1080P@60

post #372 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 04:28 PM

If you are looking at getting this tv, think twice if you are into gaming alot. This tv has alot of lag even in game mode, and as far as I am able to tell there is no way to get rid of it, yes this set has a very nice picture but if you are into online gaming especially pass this one up, you will thank me....

Input lag test results on the 52A750

"Maybe the input lag on this set matches the lag in your head therefore you don't perceive it".
post #373 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
KZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by detriment View Post

Hello,

I was using these forums for the last few weeks to do research on the new TV I was planning on purchasing. I ended up settling on an LN52A750 so I figured I would post my experiences on here for anyone interested. I would like to start by saying I am absolutely in LOVE with this screen. ....

I was browsing the hallowed halls of Frys this past weekend after a long absence and was amazed by the quality of this model. I spent 30 minutes looking at the black level, viewing off axis, comparing with models up and down the price range, walking away to reset my brain, coming back to see if my first impressions were still valid, etc. I ordered it the next day and it should be here middle of next week. I stopped waiting for the 9G Kuro plasma, but will probably look into that for another room. This is my first flat screen TV ever and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I also ordered the motorized OmniMount Motion52 (based on Samsung's own WMN5090), which will be part of a larger whole-house automation system based on Control4.

By the way, Samsung's WMN5090 is not compatible with the LN52A750 based on an email I received from them today.
post #374 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 05:20 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

If you are looking at getting this tv, think twice if you are into gaming alot. This tv has alot of lag even in game mode, and as far as I am able to tell there is no way to get rid of it, yes this set has a very nice picture but if you are into online gaming especially pass this one up, you will thank me....

Mmmm...you seem to be in a minority then. I have been paying attention to and asking question specifically about gaming for a while.

It was well determined that Game Mode was essential in eliminating the input lag. Is this the lag you are referring to...or do you mean something else? Also, what firmware version are you running?

Other than not being able to adjust any settings in Game Mode, it seemed to be the clear winner for gaming. This was tested with Guitar Hero, Hot Shots Golf 3, and other essential timing games.

What games are you basing your statement on...and how are you connected to to the TV?

Datacide

*Don't shop at The Brick...ever!*
post #375 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datacide View Post

Mmmm...you seem to be in a minority then. I have been paying attention to and asking question specifically about gaming for a while.

It was well determined that Game Mode was essential in eliminating the input lag. Is this the lag you are referring to...or do you mean something else? Also, what firmware version are you running?

Other than not being able to adjust any settings in Game Mode, it seemed to be the clear winner for gaming. This was tested with Guitar Hero, Hot Shots Golf 3, and other essential timing games.

What games are you basing your statement on...and how are you connected to to the TV?

I have tested with both Resistance and Warhawk on the PS3 and trust me there is input lag, the controls feel sloppy. I just came from using a 71F and there was no lag whatsoever while gaming so I'm certain there is ALOT of lag on this set, it also accounts for the audio lag that many are experiencing such as myself while watching tv. I would like to see some official numbers on the lag for this set, but it is the highest I have seen on a LCD in a long time and I owned both a JVC and the 71F before this.

BTW.. I am connected via HDMI from the PS3 to the tv.

Input lag test results on the 52A750

"Maybe the input lag on this set matches the lag in your head therefore you don't perceive it".
post #376 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZ View Post

I was browsing the hallowed halls of Frys this past weekend after a long absence and was amazed by the quality of this model. I spent 30 minutes looking at the black level, viewing off axis, comparing with models up and down the price range, walking away to reset my brain, coming back to see if my first impressions were still valid, etc. I ordered it the next day and it should be here middle of next week. I stopped waiting for the 9G Kuro plasma, but will probably look into that for another room. This is my first flat screen TV ever and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

By the way, Samsung's WMN5090 is not compatible with the LN52A750 based on an email I received from them today.

So, with all these eyes and ears on the 750, can anyone comment on the sound this LCD produces. With the added sub on the 750, can anyone say how the sound on this LCD compares with the 650?
post #377 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

I have tested with both Resistance and Warhawk on the PS3 and trust me there is input lag, the controls feel sloppy. I just came from using a 71F and there was no lag whatsoever while gaming so I'm certain there is ALOT of lag on this set, it also accounts for the audio lag that many are experiencing such as myself while watching tv. I would like to see some official numbers on the lag for this set, but it is the highest I have seen on a LCD in a long time and I owned both a JVC and the 71F before this.

BTW.. I am connected via HDMI from the PS3 to the tv.

Hmmm....

That's weird...I wonder if there is a difference in something fundamental on the 750 from the 650. Lestat had smearing issues with games on the 750 and now you have this. I wonder...isn't this set rated at like 6ms versus 4ms on the 650...I wonder if that is the difference.

Man...I inch closer and closer to these sets...and then I get smacked away...not cool...not cool at all.

Thanks for the info...let me know if you come across any "fix".

Datacide

*Don't shop at The Brick...ever!*
post #378 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:

I'm running HDMI from the Tivo HD to the tv but I am using optical cable for audio from the Tivo HD to my Onkyo receiver because my receiver doesn't support HDMI in.

are there any options for you to make any adjustments in the menu screens from either the dvr or the tv?

Toshyrrific!
post #379 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 PM

Can anyone comment on the sound quality of the 750 vs the 650, other than the additional bass in the 750? Thanx!
post #380 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:

Could anyone else comment on this, particularly regarding lag when playing videogames online (preferably first-person shooters)? If game mode doesn't sufficiently get rid of lag then it could be a killer on this TV for me. I appreciate it, thank you.
post #381 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also ordered the motorized OmniMount Motion52 (based on Samsung's own WMN5090), which will be part of a larger whole-house automation system based on Control4.

Conflicting information on the WMN5090. I will be trying it out with the 650 soon.

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
post #382 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM

Can the 750 connect to a wireless network or only wired? If wireless, is there a special wireless adapter that is required? Thanks!
post #383 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
KZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by danamc View Post

So, with all these eyes and ears on the 750, can anyone comment on the sound this LCD produces. With the added sub on the 750, can anyone say how the sound on this LCD compares with the 650?

Ha, I didn't even bother to listen to the built-in speaker (does it have one?) as I have zero intention to use it. But maybe someone else can give you an answer...
post #384 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 PM
KZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdad View Post

Conflicting information on the WMN5090. I will be trying it out with the 650 soon.

Please let us know if it works. Two things to check: (a) Does the mount attach properly to the TV and (b) do you get a "Wall Mount" option somewhere in the TV's OSD from which you can control tilt and swivel.

Edit: Added screenshot of Samsung's reply.
LL
post #385 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Please let us know if it works. Two things to check: (a) Does the mount attach properly to the TV and (b) do you get a "Wall Mount" option somewhere in the TV's OSD from which you can control tilt and swivel.

Here is what I know so far. If you go into the setup menu in the 650, there is an Auto Wall Mount area, just like my 71, and second, the bolts on the back of the 650 look the same distance as the bolts on my 71. I called Samsung several times on this, and they still could not give me a definate yes or no. If you go to www.samsung.com, then to LCD TV's, and look up either the 650 or 750, then start reading the description and click on the area that says "more" it will pop up a screen that has a PDF file link on the middle to upper right side of your screen. Click on the PDF and it will show you a Promotional sheet that shows the tv and specs. One of the specs is "Auto Wall Mount Compatible". So, if this does not work, they will get a whole lot of hell from me.

Edit: Crap, it isn't listed for the 750 anymore, only the 650.....here is a link to the 650.

http://www.samsung.com/us/system/con...2a650_spec.pdf

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
post #386 of 12494 Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 PM

When talking about Wired vs. Wireless, it's important to realize that there are actually two separate network functions on the 750: DLNA and Infolink (Weather, stocks, etc.). To do wireless on Infolink, it's possible, you need the ~$35 Wireless LinkStick. From a samsung CSR:

"WIS-08BGX/XAA
At any point of time if you want to obtain this, please call Samsung Customer Care at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864) any day between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Have the model number and serial number of your TV on hand when you call. "

As for the DLNA... this is UNCONFIRMED, but Samsung CSR has explained it this way:
The TV does not support wireless for DLNA (as in, the Wireless LinkStick wireless functionality does not transfer over to the DLNA, so DLNA cannot use a wireless connection).

The CSR did say, however, that if you connect a Wireless bridge into the Ethernet port on the TV, this should work. Basically, the TV will think it's wired, but the signal will be converted to wireless and grabbed by your router. This seems like it would work this way, but you'd still be limited by two things: bandwidth and TV processing power.

1. Bandwidth: there shouldn't be any problem (says the CSR and common sense), streaming music and photos from the DLNA server because these files would be fairly small. Video, on the hand, (especially HD video) is just going to have trouble streaming efficiently due to the high bitrates and the limitations of your wireless network's speed.

2. Processing power: As you know, the manual for the TV lists maximum resolutions for various video formats. HD is not included. This probably means that the onboard decoder has certain limitations, but additionally, the TV probably doesn't have a large enough buffer to be able to process the high bitrate HD videos through DLNA, whether wired or semi wired/wireless.

I'm hoping to use my PS3 to do some of this stuff, because I think it's a bit more capable, due to extra onboard processing power. That remains to be seen, though.
post #387 of 12494 Old 05-16-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii View Post

Could anyone else comment on this, particularly regarding lag when playing videogames online (preferably first-person shooters)? If game mode doesn't sufficiently get rid of lag then it could be a killer on this TV for me. I appreciate it, thank you.

On my 2nd week with my LN52A750 playing GTA4, Vegas 2 and Forza 2 on my 360 and I get zero lag. I run over hdmi and renamed the source to PC to process video off the 360 and I get a crystal clear picture with no lag whatsoever. I also changed my 360 settings to enhanced so I suggest that if you have lag you play around with your settings?
post #388 of 12494 Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 AM

Quote:

Can anyone comment on the sound quality of the 750 vs the 650, other than the additional bass in the 750? Thanx!

Wait a minute. All these new owners of the 750, and no one wants to comment on the sound of this unit with the enclosed sub speaker? I don't plan on using an external speaker system. Thanx.
post #389 of 12494 Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elomsagro View Post

On my 2nd week with my LN52A750 playing GTA4, Vegas 2 and Forza 2 on my 360 and I get zero lag. I run over hdmi and renamed the source to PC to process video off the 360 and I get a crystal clear picture with no lag whatsoever. I also changed my 360 settings to enhanced so I suggest that if you have lag you play around with your settings?

If you set your 360 to enhanced you must set the hdmi black level to normal or you will get horrid black crush. The lag I really havent seen i will play resistence and condemned 2 today to see if i can pick it up. The TBE i get is bad with AMP on medium, i love this option so much that i tolorate (spelling) it as much as i can.

PS3 HDMI 1.4
10' 1080P@60

post #390 of 12494 Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:

Wait a minute. All these new owners of the 750, and no one wants to comment on the sound of this unit with the enclosed sub speaker? I don't plan on using an external speaker system. Thanx.

The sound is the best I've heard coming from internal speakers on a LCD.

PS3 HDMI 1.4
10' 1080P@60

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln40a750 , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln52a750 52 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln46a750 46 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page