Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 12494 Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
400years, so if I get this television professionally calibrated, calibrating 1 input will calibrate all 4 inputs? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 12494 Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400Years View Post

I wish you could program the picture differently for each input like on the XBR4.

Not sure what you mean by that because each input has its own persistent settings. Even AMP can have a different setting on each input.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #993 of 12494 Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdon283 View Post

400years, so if I get this television professionally calibrated, calibrating 1 input will calibrate all 4 inputs? Thanks.

Thats incorrect. Calibrating 1 input, will only calibrate that one input. You have to have them all done individually.
Each input has its own settings.
post #994 of 12494 Old 05-26-2008, 09:52 PM

my standard dvds look great, i have a sony dvd player hdmi output, sorry dont have the model number handy. it was like a 100-150$ unit
post #995 of 12494 Old 05-26-2008, 10:19 PM

How juiced is the amp on the 750 1007.0 firmware compared to the 650's firmware versions? Is it close to the 2001.3 version, m version, or the g version?

Thanks
post #996 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2001 View Post

Got my 52' 750 on Friday and they took my 5271. With the calibration thread, my 5271 looked great other then stutter issues

3) My TV is up on a mount (not the stand) and there is a slight Halo on the bottom when directly in front and back about 8-10 ft. But after the initial shock, its not that bad. (in complete darkness other then tv on)

4) The stutter I had issues with 5271 can't be found (I had a 1000x board, not the 2000x which fixed it sliightly) but after trying to do it, it just isnt happening. Didnt see any TBE and was looking for it during recorded events, Superbowl etc. If it's there, it's so minor (AMP was on High) for sports.

I'm really interested to read your thoughts once you've had more time with the TV.

I also have the UK equivalent of the 71 series and unless Samsung can come up with a fix for the hum bars fault before the 750 comes out over here, the chances are I'll be swapping over to this model, like yourself.

You mentioned the initial shock of the halo. I like to watch movies in darkness too so we'll see how you get used to this over time.

Finally it's extremely interesting to read that you haven't yet seen TBE on sports, even with AMP on high.

I never use AMP for the reason of TBE so if it's been sorted on the 750 that would be an unexpected boon.
post #997 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal83 View Post

Thats incorrect. Calibrating 1 input, will only calibrate that one input. You have to have them all done individually.
Each input has its own settings.

Which is actually a major bonus as the settings you have for HD sources should be very different from those for SD material.

This TV will allow you to choose varying settings for every input.
post #998 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode View Post

Yes, this is good too. The point is that you MUST do something so that the product is "forced" into your new account's Gold Box and by choosing a related product as the one which you claim to own (even if you don't) and by recommending it, you hope to "trick" the Amazon system to put this TV in your GB. The rest of the stuff about clearing the cache et al, I really don't know!.

Lots of good Samsung purchasing information here:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...=780869&page=1
post #999 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 06:13 AM

I purchased an LN52750 yesterday from CC. Just starting to work with it but here are my initial impressions. The PQ is great, with accurate color and deep blacks. I will visit the calibration thread later for advice. I put The Incredibles DVD into my 980 OPPO and the image on the 750 was really excellent. The upscaling OPPO and the 750 work nicely together. The HDMI out on the Motorola DCH3200 cable box that Comcast gave to me does not work. Therefore I can't really judge the HD TV content just yet as I am using a coaxial cable (not good). I plan to drive to Comcast today to have this box replaced. I will say that the SD PQ even with the coax cable looks pretty darn good. Off angle viewing is quite good with only a slight drop off in image quality and a very slight purple haze. Not bad and most people wouldn't notice it unless your are a reader of this and the 650 forum. I mentioned in an earlier post that on a closeup of an object that is at first stationary (say a persons face) if that object then moves a little bit, there is some blurriness/smearing. That bothers me somewhat. I don't see this much or at all in distant images just in closeups. Does this happen with all LCDs? Do plasmas have this too? I'm not so sure about that (plasmas). Lastly, I do see the Halo Effect and I do not like it as my wife and I watch movies in an almost darkened HT/Great Room. Does anyone know if a professional calibration would remove the closeup smearing (probably not), or the Hallo Effect? Or, does Samsung know of these an have or will provide a fix? Overall I am quite satisfied but I wish these 'minor' issues could be resolved. If so, this then would be a truly outstanding and nearly unbeatable TV for it's price point. As it is now it is very good. Though, I need to spend more time with it before I pass final judgement.
post #1000 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 07:43 AM

Can someone post pictures of the halo effect? I'd love to see it.

Also, I noticed in some of the pictures that there is a slight centimeter of glass that surrounds the frame of this television that I never noticed before, is this how they are? Somewhat simular to the sony's? I really like that if its true.
post #1001 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Also, I noticed in some of the pictures that there is a slight centimeter of glass that surrounds the frame of this television that I never noticed before, is this how they are? Somewhat simular to the sony's? I really like that if its true.

That line what runs across the top of the TV.

post #1002 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

That line what runs across the top of the TV.

Under dark room conditions I have seen that on my 650, as well.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #1003 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:

See the first post of the thread for more pictures and other info.

I'd previously asked if some kind owner could post a video of the halo effect in a dark room ideally whilst watching b&w end credits to a movie as we've been previously advised that as the credits reach the edge of the screen the halo will show and then disappear accordingly.

No joy with the video yet though .....
post #1004 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:27 AM

Hello everyone, I just ordered a LN40A750 from amazon. And wanted to know what the response time in game mode is. And will game mode reduce input lag ? I play to use the TV to watch bluray movies and play my 360 on it. And is the response time really 4ms ?
post #1005 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:34 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyanjin2 View Post

Hello everyone, I just ordered a LN40A750 from amazon. And wanted to know what the response time in game mode is. And will game mode reduce input lag ? I play to use the TV to watch bluray movies and play my 360 on it. And is the response time really 4ms ?

There is quite a bit of input video lag on this set, I have yet to find a work around if there is one. Game mode is better than on other settings but it is still not as good as the 71F I had prior to this tv, if you are into online gaming at all you WILL notice considerable lag even under game mode. Some guy over in the 650 forums did some tests on that sets lag and he was able to get it to 0 by using the HDMI2/DVI connection and renaming that as PC, but it doesn't appear to have the same effect on the 750.

BTW.. here are the results for lag on the 650, they should be similar for the 750 as they are essentially the same internally (display wise).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post13897467

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Maybe the input lag on this set matches the lag in your head therefore you don't perceive it".
post #1006 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:39 AM

Just bought my 52A750 yesterday (yay for memorial day sales picked it up for $2459 at UE). I have never owned a big screen TV not to mention an HD TV. I love it! as i just moved i dont have cable or anything coming into the hosue so i just let the antenna scan and it found all the HD over the air channels ..... Its like having a guide without having to look at the TV guide SOOOO COOL! Any way Ill play with it more and let you all know what i think i get a cable source and my DVD hooked up.

post #1007 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastorm View Post

There is quite a bit of input video lag on this set, I have yet to find a work around if there is one.

For the good of the thread please stop reporting this as fact when you are the only one (maybe one other at most) that has complained of this issue on the 750.

It dominated the thread for several pages earlier and didn't generate much support for your opinion.

Many people have offered help but you continue to ignore their advice.
post #1008 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:

There is quite a bit of input video lag on this set, I have yet to find a work around if there is one. Game mode is better than on other settings but it is still not as good as the 71F I had prior to this tv, if you are into online gaming at all you WILL notice considerable lag even under game mode. Some guy over in the 650 forums did some tests on that sets lag and he was able to get it to 0 by using the HDMI2/DVI connection and renaming that as PC, but it doesn't appear to have the same effect on the 750.

BTW.. here are the results for lag on the 650, they should be similar for the 750 as they are essentially the same internally (display wise).

I'll let you know if the lag is bad in my set. I do play online games, and I will be able to know if the lag is worse than the set I have right now. the HDTV I have right now is very playable at only 8ms respond time. And I hope the tv will be better. If not I will look into something else.
post #1009 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Just bought my 52A750 yesterday (yay for memorial day sales picked it up for $2459 at UE). I have never owned a big screen TV not to mention an HD TV. I love it! as i just moved i dont have cable or anything coming into the hosue so i just let the antenna scan and it found all the HD over the air channels ..... Its like having a guide without having to look at the TV guide SOOOO COOL! Any way Ill play with it more and let you all know what i think i get a cable source and my DVD hooked up.

Where is UE? I'd like to get the 52A750 too if I can still get it at that price today. I went to Best Buy on Sunday to take a look at the physical set, I thought it looked really nice and the colors and black level was definitely good enough.
post #1010 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanosMagicHat View Post

For the good of the thread please stop reporting this as fact when you are the only one (maybe one other at most) that has complained of this issue on the 750.

It dominated the thread for several pages earlier and didn't generate much support for your opinion.

Many people have offered help but you continue to ignore their advice.

Actually, I agree with Aqua almost to a tee. I play COD 4 and have noticed the lag is bad in standard mode and better but still present in game mode. Simply put when you move your joystick the onscreen image reacts afterwards. Its pretty bad (noticeable) on driving games as well.

Edit: FYI - my Xbox 360 is hooked up through the component 1 input.
post #1011 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:03 AM

Sharkcohen - I stand corrected. Still figuring everything out.

As for gaming lag -- I've had no problems. I was playing COD4 team deathmatch on the PS3 last night and had no problems. Rainbow 6 Vegas on the 360 worked well too - again, it felt like it might be half of a half-step better than on my old TV. My kills seem to be averaging slightly higher than before, but I suspect that's due to a larger screen making distance shots easier. The picture quality is certainly worlds better. I honestly am starting to doubt these reports... I mean some latency is to be expected in online gaming, and I wonder if TVs are being blamed for connection speed and server problems.
post #1012 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:

Sharkcohen - I stand corrected. Still figuring everything out.

As for gaming lag -- I've had no problems. I was playing COD4 team deathmatch on the PS3 last night and had no problems. Rainbow 6 Vegas on the 360 worked well too - again, it felt like it might be half of a half-step better than on my old TV. My kills seem to be averaging slightly higher than before, but I suspect that's due to a larger screen making distance shots easier. The picture quality is certainly worlds better. I honestly am starting to doubt these reports... I mean some latency is to be expected in online gaming, and I wonder if TVs are being blamed for connection speed and server problems.

My latency problems are happening playing locally (not online). This is definitely a problem on my ln52a750 but it may not be on all of them as you have stated yours is fine.
post #1013 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring7 View Post

My latency problems are happening playing locally (not online). This is definitely a problem on my ln52a750 but it may not be on all of them as you have stated yours is fine.

I think there are some "gamers" on this thread that don't really get what video lag is and they are confusing that with response time. I have been gaming for 20 plus years and know what I am talking about when it comes to this issue as it sounds you do also. For those of you that seem confused, the response time on this set is 4ms that is DIFFERENT from input lag, input lag results when the processing this tv does to the image takes too long and results in the image you see onscreen being so many milliseconds behind what you should actually be seeing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Maybe the input lag on this set matches the lag in your head therefore you don't perceive it".
post #1014 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:33 AM

Input lag versus response time

LCD screens with a high response time value often do not give satisfactory experience when viewing fast moving images (They often leave streaks or blur; called Ghosting). But an LCD screen with high response time AND significant input lag is unsuitable for playing fast paced computer games or performing fast high accuracy operations on the screen (e.g. CAD design) due to the mouse lagging behind. Manufacturers only state the response time of their displays and do not inform customers of the input lag value.... I wish I new what the input lag was on those sets
post #1015 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:

One thing I neglected to mention: no flashlights -- black screen is uniformly black.

What exactly is a flashlights? if the credits of the movie is rolling, should all be black except for the text??
post #1016 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Input lag versus response time

LCD screens with a high response time value often do not give satisfactory experience when viewing fast moving images (They often leave streaks or blur; called Ghosting). But an LCD screen with high response time AND significant input lag is unsuitable for playing fast paced computer games or performing fast high accuracy operations on the screen (e.g. CAD design) due to the mouse lagging behind. Manufacturers only state the response time of their displays and do not inform customers of the input lag value.... I wish I new what the input lag was on those sets

I would like to see some official results for the 750 as well, but I dont have equipment to test it properly. These results are for the 650 and while they may not be an exact fit for the 750 they should be VERY close.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post13897467

post #1017 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:

I would like to see some official results for the 750 as well, but I dont have equipment to test it properly. These results are for the 650 and while they may not be an exact fit for the 750 they should be VERY close.

I think you can run a test with this... I need a s-video cable don't have one atm
http://tft.vanity.dk/
post #1018 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:

I think you can run a test with this... I need a s-video cable don't have one atm
http://tft.vanity.dk/

Ahhh.. thanks for the link, I need a mini DVI cable or some adapter for S-vid... Does anyone have the proper setup and or equipment to perform this test using that link and then post the pics of the results for the rest of us? If noone comes forward guess I will have to go get the cable because I want the official numbers for everyone.

post #1019 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Ahhh.. thanks for the link, I need a mini DVI cable or some adapter for S-vid... Does anyone have the proper setup and or equipment to perform this test using that link and then post the pics of the results for the rest of us? If noone comes forward guess I will have to go the cable because I want the official numbers for everyone.

I have a setup ready for when I get my TV I'll let you know what the input lag is on my set. It would be nice if someone else could run the test as well
post #1020 of 12494 Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:

I have a setup ready for when I get my TV I'll let you know what the input lag is on my set. It would be nice if someone else could run the test as well

Well once I get my TV - who knows (ordered via Amazon, but with CEVA you never know) - I can run a test as well.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln40a750 , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln52a750 52 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln46a750 46 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page