Official Samsung LNxxA750 Owners Thread - Page 48 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1411 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=aquastorm;13991293]I have already called Samsung in regards to the lag issue last week. I spoke to a tier 2 tech and he would not give me the input lag times for this tv which I'm sure they know what they are, but for some odd reason he wouldn't tell me them. I will call them back this week and tell them of the test results and will be asking for a refund unless they are able to fix this issue with a firmware update.
QUOTE]

Please, please, ask for a refund so we don't have to keep reading your drivel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 PM

No, I never claimed to be an expert. I have not received my set yet, so I have no idea what the processing lag is going to be. I am not disputing your claims, I have no doubt that the set will have some processing lag, ALL digital displays do. I just want to make it clear to people making buying choices that your test was not performed properly. I am not an expert on this subject, but I am an IT Pro and know that your mac is influencing the results with your test setup.

Maybe you can perform this test on one of your "zero lag" LCDs, you already spent all that money on the proper testing equipment and all.

post #1413 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 06:52 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb03 View Post

No, I never claimed to be an expert. I have not received my set yet, so I have no idea what the processing lag is going to be. I am not disputing your claims, I have no doubt that the set will have some processing lag. I just want to make it clear to people making buying choices that your test was not performed properly. I am not an expert on this subject, but I am an IT Pro and know that your mac is influencing the results with your test setup.

Maybe you can perform this test on one of your "zero lag" LCDs, you already spent all that money on the proper testing equipment and all.

I just might do that to get a comparison going, I am not looking to reinforce my position like a lot of you are including yourself. My intention is to come up with reliable numbers for the lag on this tv. As I stated at the beginning of all of this what reason would i have to trash this tv? What is a IT pro anyways these days? Most IT issues are common knowledge anymore, get over yourself.

My only intention in any of this since I got this tv was to inform others of the pros/cons when it comes to this tv to help others make a decision on whether or not to pull the trigger on buying this tv. What are your intentions for posting here?

Input lag test results on the 52A750

"Maybe the input lag on this set matches the lag in your head therefore you don't perceive it".
post #1414 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastorm View Post

I just might do that to get a comparison going, I am not looking to reinforce my position like a lot of you are including yourself. My intention is to come up with reliable numbers for the lag on this tv. As I stated at the beginning of all of this what reason would i have to trash this tv? What is a IT pro anyways these days? Most IT issues are common knowledge anymore, get over yourself.

My only intention in any of this since I got this tv was to inform others of the pros/cons when it comes to this tv to help others make a decision on whether or not to pull the trigger on buying this tv. What are your intentions for posting here?

I already stated my reasons for posting tonight. You posted pictures claiming this set has a 66ms lag time in game mode (only mode that should be tested) as if it was absolute fact. I felt compelled to let others know your testing method is influencing the results.

I am done posting on this subject for now, I have no intentions of arguing with someone on the internet. I will come back and post my impressions of this set when I receive it in the next few days. I will only post my opinions once and follow up when anyone has questions for me. Maybe you should do the same, your really flooding this thread with your nonsense.

post #1415 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb03 View Post

I already stated my reasons for posting tonight. You posted pictures claiming this set has a 66ms lag time in game mode (only mode that should be tested) as if it was absolute fact. I felt compelled to let others know your testing method is influencing the results.

I am done posting on this subject for now, I have no intentions of arguing with someone on the internet. I will come back and post my impressions of this set when I receive it in the next few days. I will only post my opinions once and follow up when anyone has questions for me. Maybe you should do the same, your really flooding this thread with your nonsense.

You wanted results with my setup using one of my lcd's that doesn't have this lag issue?

[IMG]
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch[/IMG]

You're completely right, I am sick of this as well. People like yourself want to deny, deny, deny, deny and come to find out you don't even have a 750 yet so you are really speaking from ignorance when it comes to this tv and its pros and cons.

I have provided the test results and a comparison which is more than i can say for all of you that continue to attack and flame me for posting the truth. The results speak for themselves. I have gone above and beyond to show the "community" what this tvs pros and cons are.

Input lag test results on the 52A750

"Maybe the input lag on this set matches the lag in your head therefore you don't perceive it".
post #1416 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well, you have done so over and over now so why not drop it. I don't understand the emotional investment in having everybody agree with you. Thanks for posting your tests now everybody has ample opportunity to make a full consideration of your results when considering a purchase. I think repeating your position over and over is not going to change many minds that wouldn't be changed by your data post.

Good luck. Now lets get back to other aspects of this TV.
post #1417 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 PM

For those of you with a Fry's nearby, the LN52A750 is on sale well below the Big River price and the previous Fry's sales price (at least the San Diego store, until 6/3). I'm glad I went in so I could have the difference credited.

Not to beat the dead stinking carcass of the input lag horse, but most of the LCD TVs and even LCD computer monitors (minus the few that were posted) have some input lag. That's a consideration to take into account with any LCD.

On a living horse note:
There has been a post that the Samsung Automount WMN-5090AN model has worked with someones xxxxx650 even though the TV's manual says it shouldn't
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=mount

I've seen the WMN-5090 model number online but not the "AN" mentioned with regard to the mount. I have the "AN" on my mounts box but haven't hooked it up yet to try it out.
post #1418 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobucks View Post

I would like to point out. I tested my laptop against my Sony CRT screen from 2000. There is about a 20-30 millisecond delay between the times. I have a crappy picture on my iphone since my wife has the decent camera. Once I get it back, I'll know the delay a little better.

This is a picture from the iphone (crappy yes). From what I can tell the two numbers:

Laptop=12.712
CRT= 12.682

Connection - S-Video

EDIT: I DELETED THIS PHOTO BECAUSE IT WAS A BIT TOO BLURRY.

One last post on this and then I'll leave it alone because it doesn't really effect me for what I want the TV for.

I used a better camera. I got results that varied. I had times that had 0 lag, 10ms lag, and 20ms lag (no 30 as I originally mentioned with my crappy iphone camera).

The 0,10,20ms lags were pretty equal in the number of how often they showed up. Probably dependent on processes running, etc.

A CRT should have no discernible lag, but the source (my computer) produced a little at times. . . .

Since it doesn't pertain to this specific TV in the thread, I won't post the pics, just my observations. It will vary.

At the end it's hard to run this test in a 'vacuum'. The TV obviously has processing - and a lot of it - because that is what it is designed to do.

It might be too much for some gamers, perfect for others, and for non gamers the TV probably is more than fine. At the end it's up to you just use the info that is in this thread and other places to make your own decision.
post #1419 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeryh View Post

After a great deal of research I purchased an LN52A750 - partially due to aquastorm's posts. I find that the negative posts are often the most revealing about purchases I am considering and his were among the few negative reviews I could find for the 750 series. Aqua's posts held such a desperate need to prevent people from purchasing this TV that it seemed obvious that there was some ulterior motive for this, particularly since there was no credible agreement with his posts.

Now that I've had the time to test for myself, this set has proven to be a perfect gaming display (although that was never one of my priorities).

I'd like to thank aquastorm for his efforts which were unable to evoke confirmations.

What systems do you have and how are you hooking it up to the set? I am just wondering if you have tested fast action games since you just received the set.

I was also wondering if anyone is having any issues with a light-to-dark issues that some other lcd's have. This is where you go from a dark to light scene and in the dark scene it seems to have some white to it.

Sorry for asking so many questions...it is just that this wil be a big investement for me.

-Hawkmoon
post #1420 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:

You have made your point countless times in this thread and I thank for you that. There are many involved with this TV that think we have no problems with lag. I just finished playing HALO3 and enjoyed it immensely, but it was only single player and no intenet involvement. I will never be involved in on-line gaming but I do understand what input lag is. Why don't we just let folks decide what they like to see and leave it at that.
post #1421 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danamc View Post

LOL!. You should consider yourselves lucky, if the poster leaves this owner's thread alone. He is a borderline troll, so make the "ignore" button your friend

Samsung: 52" 850 / 46" 61 / 40" 61 / PS3 / BD-P1500 / A3 HD-DVD / Format Neutral
post #1422 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:

I am supposed to look to you for knowledge on how to perform this test when you can't even spell correctly?

Are we supposed to look to you for the definitive answer when your grammar is atrocious? What a ridiculous comeback on your part ...

We get it, guy. You're smarter than everyone else, in your estimation, and anyone who doesn't find the issue to be as extreme and deal-breaking as do you is an idiot living in ignorant or blindered bliss. You actually _can_ be passionate about this without coming off like an undeservedly pompous jerk.
post #1423 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmokc View Post

Are we supposed to look to you for the definitive answer when your grammar is atrocious? What a ridiculous comeback on your part ...

We get it, guy. You're smarter than everyone else, in your estimation, and anyone who doesn't find the issue to be as extreme and deal-breaking as do you is an idiot living in ignorant or blindered bliss. You actually _can_ be passionate about this without coming off like an undeservedly pompous jerk.

surreal. felt like I accidentally wandered into an episode of hell's kitchen! lots of flaming, screaming, and very personal and emotional attacks on AS and this issue. I'm way late to the fray, so I'll be brief if it's been asked before all this got started and I don't have time to read through all the posts (3 year-old nipping at the heels) does this supposedly quantifiable lag impact source inputs other than gaming, i.e. broadcast or DVD, where out of sync audio is a big annoyance and influence enjoyment of the program? I can see where it would be a big pain in gaming, but I'm more concerned about passive modes...considering this set vs. Sony W4100 so it is a worthwhile issue if valid for those of us looking to build customer consensus before buying...

one other question - reflective glare on A750 vs A650. any difference in bezels, screen quality etc.

last .2 cents here - I think the guy believes he's doing an honest service in putting out an issue he's had a problem with (whether it really exists or not, lol) he's getting beat up on pretty good and that might go a long way toward his bunker mentality...then again, I haven't had to read him for the last few weeks (months?) so it's easy for a newbie to say cut him some slack!
post #1424 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitsat View Post

surreal. felt like I accidentally wandered into an episode of hell's kitchen! lots of flaming, screaming, and very personal and emotional attacks on AS and this issue. I'm way late to the fray, so I'll be brief if it's been asked before all this got started and I don't have time to read through all the posts (3 year-old nipping at the heels) does this supposedly quantifiable lag impact source inputs other than gaming, i.e. broadcast or DVD, where out of sync audio is a big annoyance and influence enjoyment of the program? I can see where it would be a big pain in gaming, but I'm more concerned about passive modes...considering this set vs. Sony W4100 so it is a worthwhile issue if valid for those of us looking to build customer consensus before buying...

one other question - reflective glare on A750 vs A650. any difference in bezels, screen quality etc.

last .2 cents here - I think the guy believes he's doing an honest service in putting out an issue he's had a problem with (whether it really exists or not, lol) he's getting beat up on pretty good and that might go a long way toward his bunker mentality...then again, I haven't had to read him for the last few weeks (months?) so it's easy for a newbie to say cut him some slack!

Well - I don't have the TV yet - probably Tuesday, but I've read almost every post in this thread (sadly). No one, that I recall, has said anything about lag from another source besides a game console. So based on that, no.

Difference between the 750 and 650? First post in this thread sums it up. There is a bezel difference. 750 is more square, 650 a little rounded. Glare from it? Don't know. Some have said the 750 seems to have less reflection, but I don't think anyone has quantified it or enough people have said one way or another. I guess unless someone says otherwise, assume they are the same in terms of reflection. . .
post #1425 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
does anyone know whether or not samsung plans on making a 750 lcd larger than 52 inch?
post #1426 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 PM

He may feel like he's doing an "honest service," but like many guys with his mentality he clearly feels he's intellectually above anyone who doesn't share his exact take on the issue and behaves so. I've read through all 45 pages of this thread, and it's been that way nearly since the get-go. This is a set I've become extremely interested in, and this issue does cause me some concern - though most of those concerns have been addressed by _other_ posters who have noted common workarounds and "nature-of-the-technology" aspects to this. I find that sort of input vastly more valuable than one guy who has gone so far as to claim this TV is worthless junk for _any_ purpose.

I'm still leaning strongly toward this set if I don't go with the Samsung LED DLP, as both address most of my usage concerns.
post #1427 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCzar View Post

For those of you with a Fry's nearby, the LN52A750 is on sale well below the Big River price and the previous Fry's sales price (at least the San Diego store, until 6/3). I'm glad I went in so I could have the difference credited.

Not to beat the dead stinking carcass of the input lag horse, but most of the LCD TVs and even LCD computer monitors (minus the few that were posted) have some input lag. That's a consideration to take into account with any LCD.

On a living horse note:
There has been a post that the Samsung Automount WMN-5090AN model has worked with someones xxxxx650 even though the TV's manual says it shouldn't
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=mount

I've seen the WMN-5090 model number online but not the "AN" mentioned with regard to the mount. I have the "AN" on my mounts box but haven't hooked it up yet to try it out.

Wow, that would be great news if it works with the 750. But hell, I was getting an exchange for a 650 prior to the 750, then cancelled the 650 for the 750 because I was told the mount would not work on the 650. Boy will I be pissed if the 750 does not work and the 650 does.

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
post #1428 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 11:20 PM

[quote=danamc;13992505]
Quote:

I have already called Samsung in regards to the lag issue last week. I spoke to a tier 2 tech and he would not give me the input lag times for this tv which I'm sure they know what they are, but for some odd reason he wouldn't tell me them. I will call them back this week and tell them of the test results and will be asking for a refund unless they are able to fix this issue with a firmware update.
QUOTE]

Well, your not alone here is a post I made in the LN52A650 thread:

Well, I picked up the LN52A650 today from CC, the set has no clouding or pixel problems. The picture is amazing, watching WEC in HD was nice. The blacks are way better then my RPLCD Sony A10. There is one major problem, this TV is for 80% gaming and 20% TV watching. On top of that, the 80% gaming is usually online. Well, I popped in Gears of War for some multiplayer fun which I do at least 3 days week or more, and I sucked like never before. So then I put on the Game Mode and it was slightly better but still wasn't playing like I am use to and on top of the that I can not adjust the setting in Game Mode which is complete crap imo. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is this a problem with all LCDs because I never had this problem on my RPLCD? If I can not get this issue fixed this pretty TV is going back to CC.

Now, I know I just did not become crap over night, Shotgun battles in Gears is my bread & butter and I could not buy a kill tonight. Something is wrong, but are all LCDs like this?
post #1429 of 12494 Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstring7 View Post

While I think its great that you have no lag on your set, I have to disagree with your above comment.

I have a large amount of input lag on my set playing locally (not online) w/ X360 through component. This indicates that some do have a problem and there is reason for concern when buying this TV. People reporting that they don't have the problem is reason for hope but does not dismiss the potential that you may end up with a lag problem.

The reason this keeps coming up is people are reading that the problem doesnt exist when it does exist...just not on all sets. Just let it go at that.

Do a pre-test of the very set you are buying if possible and good luck.

anyone else think this is aqua with another name?
post #1430 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruhara K View Post

anyone else think this is aqua with another name?

No. He's a bit more rational and his point is valid. There might be some sets with an issue (a bug?) while others maybe not so much. Also, from the sound of it, it might be a user dependent experience.
post #1431 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 AM

Form for the free LinkStick offer is now provided at the top of this page
http://product.samsung.com/savings/

Peter
post #1432 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 05:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and thread! First and foremost thanks for all your great input on the Samsung 750. I recently purchased the LN46A750 which is still in the box until my move in a week. I have a question--Which HDMI cable am I suppose to purchase to run from the digital cable box to the TV? The guys at BB were trying to sell me a HDMI cord for $129.99. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
post #1433 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quick update - the tv is coming in on tues if not weds. When I get the tv I will post about this lag. I am a BIG TIME gamer and will notice this lag in a second. I will confirm either way - no BS.
post #1434 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Any word on the wireless peripheral for the 750 – so I don’t have to have a internet cord going into the tv?
post #1435 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeptgirl View Post

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and thread! First and foremost thanks for all your great input on the Samsung 750. I recently purchased the LN46A750 which is still in the box until my move in a week. I have a question--Which HDMI cable am I suppose to purchase to run from the digital cable box to the TV? The guys at BB were trying to sell me a HDMI cord for $129.99. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi, threeptgirl:

I bought a couple of 6' 1.3a HDMI cables (28AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Male to Male Cables) from monoprice.com.

Shipping was only a few days and the cable works for quite a bit less than $130.

Hope this helps.

OldAKGuy
post #1436 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds great that 1.3 is the in thing with this set. I'm wondering, tho, I assume that Yamaha does allow for 1.3 HDMI passthrough on their newer A/V Receivers, and I'm probably going to see if upgrading my receiver along with getting this set would be the way to go.

AVS Forum...The Final Frontier. My continuing mission. To explore strange, new equipment, to seek out new movies and technology. Boldly going where no enthusiast had gone before.
post #1437 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 07:27 AM

[quote=Gunstar77;13993731]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamc View Post

Well, your not alone here is a post I made in the LN52A650 thread:

Well, I picked up the LN52A650 today from CC, the set has no clouding or pixel problems. The picture is amazing, watching WEC in HD was nice. The blacks are way better then my RPLCD Sony A10. There is one major problem, this TV is for 80% gaming and 20% TV watching. On top of that, the 80% gaming is usually online. Well, I popped in Gears of War for some multiplayer fun which I do at least 3 days week or more, and I sucked like never before. So then I put on the Game Mode and it was slightly better but still wasn't playing like I am use to and on top of the that I can not adjust the setting in Game Mode which is complete crap imo. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is this a problem with all LCDs because I never had this problem on my RPLCD? If I can not get this issue fixed this pretty TV is going back to CC.

Now, I know I just did not become crap over night, Shotgun battles in Gears is my bread & butter and I could not buy a kill tonight. Something is wrong, but are all LCDs like this?

post #1438 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitsat View Post

. . . .does this supposedly quantifiable lag impact source inputs other than gaming, i.e. broadcast or DVD, where out of sync audio is a big annoyance and influence enjoyment of the program? I can see where it would be a big pain in gaming, but I'm more concerned about passive modes...considering this set vs. Sony W4100 so it is a worthwhile issue if valid for those of us looking to build customer consensus before buying...

Hi Sitsat,
This TV has been spectacular for me with both OTA broadcast and DVD. I experienced some audio sync problems really early on, with my DVD player hooked up by S-video, but since I switched over to HDMI everything has been spot on. I have a cheap LG HTIB, I set the upscaling to 1080i and my DVDs look great! OTA HD also looks superb. I want to emphasize that I ran the same delay test that others have posted, got a large delay (100 ms, 40 ms with Game mode on) but I have had absolutely no problem with lag while watching DVDs or OTA TV.
Hope that helps.
post #1439 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobucks View Post

Well - I don't have the TV yet - probably Tuesday, but I've read almost every post in this thread (sadly). No one, that I recall, has said anything about lag from another source besides a game console. So based on that, no.

Difference between the 750 and 650? First post in this thread sums it up. There is a bezel difference. 750 is more square, 650 a little rounded. Glare from it? Don't know. Some have said the 750 seems to have less reflection, but I don't think anyone has quantified it or enough people have said one way or another. I guess unless someone says otherwise, assume they are the same in terms of reflection. . .

thanks - that's helpful on bezel and glare issues. hey, if nothing else, thanks to aqua this is (by far) the most entertaining (if not altogether informative) thread on the board these days
post #1440 of 12494 Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Some people were reporting a 5-15 degree back tilt on their new TVs.

Are people still seeing that?
Those who had that issue, were you able to fix it or did you have to get a new TV?

I am getting my replacement 750 tmr from Samsung and I'm wondering if this is a "feature" vs. a "problem".

Thanks...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln40a750 , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln52a750 52 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln46a750 46 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page