Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datacide View Post

Exactly, doesn't anyone have a problem with these "fixes" for a 3K TV. I mean, nothing is perfect, but this seem a little silly. Tape, loosening screws...on a new TV?

I think the tape thing is funny, but it is a problem as the bezel does act as some sort of fiber optic channel (as someone already stated) Clouding and flashlights are common all lcd have them to some degree..

The scariest words in the English language are:
"Hello, we're from the government, and we're here to help."

PS3 HDMI 1.4
GT50 3D 1080p Plasma HDTV
10' 1080P@60

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datacide View Post

Exactly, doesn't anyone have a problem with these "fixes" for a 3K TV. I mean, nothing is perfect, but this seem a little silly. Tape, loosening screws...on a new TV?

You shouldn't have to put tape on a TV, that is ridiculous I agree.

It also shows that this Haloing, if it does prove to annoy the majority of owners, can be easily rectified by Samsung by adding some beading around the inner edge of the bezel to stop / reduce light transport to the outer rim.

As for clouding, this is not proven to be a major issue yet with the A750 (and has not been so on other Samsung LCDs in the last 12 months anyway).
post #183 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanosMagicHat View Post

You shouldn't have to put tape on a TV, that is ridiculous I agree.

It also shows that this Haloing, if it does prove to annoy the majority of owners, can be easily rectified by Samsung by adding some beading around the inner edge of the bezel to stop / reduce light transport to the outer rim.

As for clouding, this is not proven to be a major issue yet with the A750 (and has not been so on other Samsung LCDs in the last 12 months anyway).

The six series has had a ton of report's of cloding, flashlights, mura, a lot more than the 7..

PS3 HDMI 1.4
10' 1080P@60

post #184 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post

Olivenone (spelling) reported stuttering, also I have had two 750's both with vapor and stutter on medium AMP, lets hope were the only ones with this problem. Going back to get number three today, will report back if i have another dud..

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivenone View Post

It seemed sluggish. I had to turn AMP up to high to smooth out the play but I got that annoying triple cross hair effect.

Unfortunately, I think this technology is still in it's infancy (should be pretty solid in another year or so).

Imagine what this monitor would have cost a couple of years ago.

Olive didn't report stutter. He reported TBE. If it was stutter then turning up AMP would make it worse, not smooth it out.

Vote on my video at: http://www.areallygoodejob.com/video...id=_L-gJYbFxlg
For every vote I'll donate some money to the THON charity for pediatric cancer.
post #185 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I apologize if I end up being responsible for any rumor spread. That is certainly not my intention. I really didn't know how else to ask the question in a more politically correct manner. I'm just a little concerned, because I have one of these on order thru CC, and I will be using it primarily for gaming. Thanks for the information. I will probably go ahead and receive delivery and give it a shot.
post #186 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgfin View Post

I apologize if I end up being responsible for any rumor spread. That is certainly not my intention. I really didn't know how else to ask the question in a more politically correct manner. I'm just a little concerned, because I have one of these on order thru CC, and I will be using it primarily for gaming. Thanks for the information. I will probably go ahead and receive delivery and give it a shot.

Yes, good luck with your set. I hope it turns out perfect. Keep us informed.

post #187 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The six series has had a ton of report's of cloding, flashlights, mura, a lot more than the 7..

When buying any LCD tv. You are really just rolling the dice because every size, every brand, will have problems with flashlighting and clouding. You just have to hope you get one that doesnt, or at least one that is very minor. Thats why its good to buy from a place where u can return. My 650 before the one i have no had some crappy clouding. The one i have now was very minor when i first got it, and now there is none, no clouding, no flashlights.
post #188 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Ok well that's news to me - cheers.

This certainly has not been a problem on previous ranges and the 6 series is also one of the new Samsung offerings.

Here in the UK there are very few reported problems with clouding on the 6 series. The main fault that's being reported here on the 6 is that Hum Bars fault I've mentioned which is why I'm so keen to establish whether it exists on the 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal83 View Post

When buying any LCD tv. You are really just rolling the dice because every size, every brand, will have problems with flashlighting and clouding.

That's not been the case in the past with Samsung. Sony yes definitely, but not Samsung. If these new ranges start to exhibit the problem more regularly that will be a step backwards.
post #189 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal83 View Post

When buying any LCD tv. You are really just rolling the dice because every size, every brand, will have problems with flashlighting and clouding. You just have to hope you get one that doesnt, or at least one that is very minor. Thats why its good to buy from a place where u can return. My 650 before the one i have no had some crappy clouding. The one i have now was very minor when i first got it, and now there is none, no clouding, no flashlights.

Good, hope your happy with your set, wish I could get one that does not have a slue of problems.

PS3 HDMI 1.4
10' 1080P@60

post #190 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms541 View Post

Olive didn't report stutter. He reported TBE. If it was stutter then turning up AMP would make it worse, not smooth it out.

Man, sorry about that stutter and TBE is the same thing to me, I need to get the lingo right before I post.

PS3 HDMI 1.4
10' 1080P@60

post #191 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Man, sorry about that stutter and TBE is the same thing to me, I need to get the lingo right before I post.

Perhaps you should read over the 71F owners thread. Then, you would know which is which.

Go 24
post #192 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
CC is delivering today

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #193 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good, hope your happy with your set, wish I could get one that does not have a slue of problems.

Well i switched to the 650 from a 71. So i know all about tv's with many issues.
post #194 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

No harm done. Yes, the FAQ in the 71 thread is an excellent source of info on the difference between the two. I think it also has a glossary in there which defines all the terms.

If you're trying to get a set without TBE I think you might be out of luck. In the 650/750 the problem is much much better than with the 71s but many people have still reported it. It seems to be a problem with Samsung's processing algorithms rather than the hardware itself.

post #195 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanosMagicHat View Post

Ok well that's news to me - cheers.

This certainly has not been a problem on previous ranges and the 6 series is also one of the new Samsung offerings.

Here in the UK there are very few reported problems with clouding on the 6 series. The main fault that's being reported here on the 6 is that Hum Bars fault I've mentioned which is why I'm so keen to establish whether it exists on the 7.

That's not been the case in the past with Samsung. Sony yes definitely, but not Samsung. If these new ranges start to exhibit the problem more regularly that will be a step backwards.

Where are the TVs for the UK manufactured at?
post #196 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 08:38 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Earlier, someone mentioned a fan in a 52" 750. I've read that only the 40" 650 has a fan. Is the 750 different in this regard?
post #197 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 AM

My 52" 750 arrived yesterday and it's spectacular! Perfect as far as I am concerned.
post #198 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 11:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

CC is delivering today

Got it, and they took away my 1987 Mitsubishi 26" monitor/tv too! WooHoo!!!

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #199 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAVS View Post

Where are the TVs for the UK manufactured at?

Well I'd imagine the panels and many of the main components for both the US and UK versions will be manufactured in the same places in the Far East.

You guys obviously have different tuners though and don't use SCART sockets like some owners over here do.

For the UK, all the components are shipped to Europe and the actual assembly of the European TV's is in Slovakia.
post #200 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

Got it, and they took away my 1987 Mitsubishi 26" monitor/tv too! WooHoo!!!

Wow...!

CC has trade-in program?
post #201 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 01:55 PM

I wish I had the best of Sony and Samsung in one tv. And for the love of god no fans and no noise period if they can't do that, then maybe they should stop making them. It's seems that customers are getting tv's that are still in development for extreme prices.

PROS
- light weight
- HD looks great

CONS
-clouding
-Fan noise
-Halo effect
-poor SD
-not enough setting tweaking
-Poor sound
-motion although the best I've seen not where it should be
-Price
-remote

I went from a 36" JVC SD tv to this and a large part of me would like the 3 grand back in my wallet.
post #202 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 03:08 PM

I bought my a650 a week ago and I have another week to decide if I should get the 750. I'm in limbo as to what I should do. The only thing that concearns me is pq, both bezels are nice and the extra features would be cool, but it comes down to pq!!! I'm not sure what to do. I haven't seen any purple haze but I did play the song on the tv and it was good.[lol] What to do..............................
post #203 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingus View Post

I bought my a650 a week ago and I have another week to decide if I should get the 750. I'm in limbo as to what I should do. The only thing that concearns me is pq, both bezels are nice and the extra features would be cool, but it comes down to pq!!! I'm not sure what to do. I haven't seen any purple haze but I did play the song on the tv and it was good.[lol] What to do..............................

The PQ of the 650 and 750 are identical, they are specs wise the exact same when it comes to the panels and internals. If you go with a 750 it depends on which bezel you like more, and if you're going to be using the extra online features and internal subwoofer.
post #204 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsphinx View Post

The 750 does not clean up SD signals like the XBR4 does which is too bad. SD text and faces get a very checker board looking...I have no smearing and my 750 handles motion much better than the Sony...The glare from the plastic boarder is also a distraction a night but no big deal. Anyone have good settings for SD?

+1 to those comments. I had 2 XBR4s that I had to return because of 30+ stuck pixels on each. I loved the XBR4's but the pixel thing did them in. Also there was little to no glare on the XBR, but the Sammy has very noticeable glare.
post #205 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsphinx View Post

-poor SD
-not enough setting tweaking
-Poor sound
-motion although the best I've seen not where it should be
-Price

Well I don't understand the comments above ....

You say motion is the best you've seen, so surely that's a "Pro".

As for the sound, this model has a built in woofer, you should try the many other LCDs that don't if you really want poor sound.

Samsung are also one of the best on the market for settings tweaking allowing separate stored settings for every input and have added even more adjustment options to this model including Flesh tone.

These setting options should enable you to achieve substantial improvements on SD performance (although it will never match your old SDTV)

As for complaining about the price, well no-one forced you to buy it.

post #206 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 04:39 PM

If someone can tell me how to get rid of the constant flickering i get on my PS3 When connected to my LN52A750. I have read the PS3 forum and could not find any solution or as to what is causing it on my tv. What happens is that when i am on the PS3 menu the screen flickers eradically at different times especially when i go between menus. I checked my HDMI cable and they are good quality monster cables so i dont think crappy cables are the issued i never had this problem on my panasonic rp that the LN52A750 replaced. I think it might be the settings that i have..so if someone could tell me what settings i should have on my PS3 help fix this issue. I am using znutts calib. settings if that helps a little.
post #207 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 04:45 PM

I'd return it for a new one. I've been playing a lot of GTA4, COD4 and Resistance and I've never seen it flicker.
post #208 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog6 View Post

The PQ of the 650 and 750 are identical, they are specs wise the exact same when it comes to the panels and internals. If you go with a 750 it depends on which bezel you like more, and if you're going to be using the extra online features and internal subwoofer.

What about the difference in processors? The 16-bit for the 750 and the 12-bit for the 650. Or have people cleared up the confusion around the block diagrams and determined each processor is the same?

post #209 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms541 View Post

What about the difference in processors? The 16-bit for the 750 and the 12-bit for the 650. Or have people cleared up the confusion around the block diagrams and determined each processor is the same?

I think the 650 is 10-bit.

The 750 should be the same as the 650.
post #210 of 12494 Old 05-10-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivenone View Post

I'd return it for a new one. I've been playing a lot of GTA4, COD4 and Resistance and I've never seen it flicker.

It doesn't flicker on any games, only on the ps3 main menu, its almost as if my settings are wrong. so if u can please post ur 750 series and ps3 settings, i can tell if it is a problem with my tv or the ps3 thanx
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln40a750 , Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln52a750 52 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln46a750 46 Inch 1080p Dlna Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page