Samsung LN46A650 - stuck on 1920x1080i@60hz - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I press my info button and it says im on 1920x1080i@60hz. How do I switch it to 120hz?

Sorry, Im a real newbie at this. Just researched LCDs for a few days before making a purchase. I after all was said and done, I went to BestBuy and and thought the Samsung had the best display. The salesperson stated the 120hz as a selling point, but now I cant get it set that way.

I also have some static at times when watching TV or DVD's/games. It occurs mainly it black or shadow images. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for all those willing to help a newb.

- J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 PM

you can't, tv will only accept signal up to 60hz, the 120hz conversion is an internal process, doubling the frames from 60hz. you won't see any signal showing at 120hz. i'm not sure about the static, can you post pics?

Toshyrrific!
post #3 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidjunior View Post

I press my info button and it says im on 1920x1080i@60hz. How do I switch it to 120hz?

Sorry, Im a real newbie at this. Just researched LCDs for a few days before making a purchase. I after all was said and done, I went to BestBuy and and thought the Samsung had the best display. The salesperson stated the 120hz as a selling point, but now I cant get it set that way.

I also have some static at times when watching TV or DVD's/games. It occurs mainly it black or shadow images. Is this normal?

- J

You probably just need to tweak your settings better.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-08-2008, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

- J

The info button is telling you the source resolution. Your LCD is always outputting 120 Hz.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-08-2008, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies. It probably is a setting thing as I have not touched any of the settings at all. I was actually waiting for the break in period before having it calibrated.

As far as taking pics of it, it occurs randomly anywhere on the screen, at random times, and only for up to a second...max. I dont think Ill be quick enough to catch a pic of it.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

- J

Try turning off your digital noise reduction (DNR) setting for the static your getting.

Mosh~~
post #7 of 7 Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply, but the static issue has been solved....I exchanged the tv for another, FIXED!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page