Official LNxxA750 Calibration/Settings Thread - Page 48 - AVS Forum
First ... 46  47  48
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official LNxxA750 Calibration/Settings Thread
Johnny Neat's Avatar Johnny Neat 07:57 PM 11-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 View Post

it worked for me.. its not 100% but it does take alot of the bright white down in the corners... you cant miss the screws .. there are a few in the corner on the back panel.. i loosened mine about 1/4 turn

I kind of loosened them and I can see that they are there still but can't tell if it got better. Fudge. Any thoughts? I'm wondering if I need to loosen then a tiny bit more but I fear ruining the set. What a pickle.

hdtvtalk's Avatar hdtvtalk 08:04 PM 11-23-2009
I would loosen the top line of 4 screws by 2 or 3 turns each and sides by 1 turn.
mj79's Avatar mj79 12:38 AM 11-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvtalk View Post

I would loosen the top line of 4 screws by 2 or 3 turns each and sides by 1 turn.

way to much... should never be more than one turn... Techs actually say 1/2 turn is more than enough for most.. But up to one is fine..

Mine showed no change from 1/4 to over 1 full turn
Mike-S's Avatar Mike-S 10:55 AM 12-14-2009
Hi,

I bought a new TV 750 and I had few issues.

1) when I was changing the colors on DVD and then switch it to Satalite it does not keep the settings for Brigness and Contrast, then I red user guide which I should have in the first place, I find out that each device you connect it has it's own color profile.

2) I still have issue with Blue Ray Player, that if I watch blue ray and I change the setting to Movie and when I play next time it, or choose BD and change Brighness and Contrast it goes back to default BD color settings when I play next time any movie.

3) Is any cheap way to connect this TV with wireless internat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisek View Post

Here's what I'm using now. Seems to be working for me, but still doing minor adjustments.

Picture
Mode Standard
Backlight 5
Contrast 95
Brightness 45
Sharpness 0
Color 35
Tint (G/R) G50/R50
Detailed Settings See below
Picture Options See below

Detailed Settings
Black Adjust Off
Dynamic Contrast Off
Gamma 0
Color Space Native
White Balance See below

Flesh Tone 0
Edge Enhancement On
xvYCC Off

White Balance
R-Offset 25
G-Offset 25
B-Offset 25
R-Gain 25
G-Gain 25
B-Gain 25

Picture Options
Color Tone Normal
Size Just Scan
Digital NR Off
DNIe Off
HDMI Black Level Low
Film Mode Off
Blue Only Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz Low

jortiz82's Avatar jortiz82 09:22 AM 01-26-2010
HELP I recently went into the service menu and made some changes.I did not like how the picture looked is there a way i can reset the settings to its original settings.
Gianny's Avatar Gianny 04:49 PM 02-04-2010
What are some of the best settings for OTA HD? Thank you!!!
perritterd's Avatar perritterd 10:18 AM 02-28-2010
Hello. I have been calibrating my TV and ran into a small problem. I am following the tutorial "Greyscale for Dummies" that is online and explains how to calibrate your tv using the HCFR program and the i1 sensor. The problem is that it states to set your "Brightness" at the 10 IRE to .0065% of your "Y" value at 100 IRE. This will allow you to get your Gamma to 2.2 at the 10 IRE. I presume that this is a good thing for the darkness of screen images in this range. My issue is that this method will greatly reduce your contrast ratio. If you use the flashing bars in the AVSHD disc to set your brightness/contrast, then the results for the brightness reading is drastically different than with the .0065% method. Is this a problem? I can't adjust out my contrast anymore using AVSHD flashing bars because it is at its' highest reading now without becoming pink. Do I need to be concerned with the contrast ratio if my gamma is set properly at the 10 IRE?

Thanks for any help.
Bob
perritterd's Avatar perritterd 07:20 AM 03-01-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by perritterd View Post

Hello. I have been calibrating my TV and ran into a small problem. I am following the tutorial "Greyscale for Dummies" that is online and explains how to calibrate your tv using the HCFR program and the i1 sensor. The problem is that it states to set your "Brightness" at the 10 IRE to .0065% of your "Y" value at 100 IRE. This will allow you to get your Gamma to 2.2 at the 10 IRE. I presume that this is a good thing for the darkness of screen images in this range. My issue is that this method will greatly reduce your contrast ratio. If you use the flashing bars in the AVSHD disc to set your brightness/contrast, then the results for the brightness reading is drastically different than with the .0065% method. Is this a problem? I can't adjust out my contrast anymore using AVSHD flashing bars because it is at its' highest reading now without becoming pink. Do I need to be concerned with the contrast ratio if my gamma is set properly at the 10 IRE?

Thanks for any help.
Bob

ANYONE ALIVE HERE?????

Bob
serro821's Avatar serro821 08:08 PM 05-01-2010
How many of you like the soap opera effect when watching movies. What would be the best settings to get the best soap opera effect?
anithinks's Avatar anithinks 02:56 PM 05-19-2010
Now that 3d viewing is getting popular, does anyone know if NVIDIA's 3d gaming/TV technology work on this display?

I bought a Ln46A750 almost 2 years ago, and am really happy with it. Upgrading my PC at this moment, but don't really need a display upgrade. Just wondering if the NVIdia 3d glasses technology works on our fine displays.

I recall that this TV has a 120 Hz mode - is that compatible with the 3d technology? Anybody tried this yet? Googling didn't help, though I noted that this TV wasn't on the list of TVs that are working with the Nvidia 3d technology...
bjfoien's Avatar bjfoien 04:11 PM 05-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by serro821 View Post

How many of you like the soap opera effect when watching movies. What would be the best settings to get the best soap opera effect?

High.
the dza's Avatar the dza 11:23 AM 06-10-2010
So, zerog6's settings are the best one so far? I just moved, and my TV reset everything back to default!
gpzbc's Avatar gpzbc 11:26 PM 06-10-2010
jwortiz's Avatar jwortiz 11:56 AM 06-11-2010
The DZA,

Hi. I and many others think the Zerog6 settings are the best and then you can tweak from there using it as a baseline if you wish. My signature has the links you might need if you want to check them out.

Later...
kjgarrison's Avatar kjgarrison 03:19 PM 06-11-2010
I preferred my settings and a few others did as well. Sets vary and you should try different ones.
trjam's Avatar trjam 03:11 PM 01-24-2012
I hate to dig a old thread up, but I want to tell you a little story.

I have been a member here for quite awhile but have ventured away for a long time. In the old days when I had my Sony KDF50 Wega I started coming here and spent countless time trying to calibrate for those "perfect settings". UMR is the one I worshiped.

I even was one of those who ordered the calibrating disks and spent tine trying to calibrate the set when HDNET had their weekly show on doing this.

Honestly, I always thought a well calibrated set looked washed out so I left here, for the PIZAZZ burning lamp issue of VIVID.

About 4 years ago I bought a LN52A750 and really liked the set and Standard was my way of viewing. Very bright and terrible fade on the sides. For some odd reason this weekend before the NFL games I thought I would give it a shot on a better picture. Spent some time on Google, which led me back here. I started reading this thread, the whole thread and started my old anal habit of searching for the perfect picture on this TV.

I finished today using the settings by zerog. Well folks, I am still searching for my lower jaw around the house because not only did it drop, it rolled away. The picture on this set is frigging awesome. My wife thought I had bought a new TV. Side angles actually do not bleed away. I honestly can not fathom that a well calibrated set could look like this.

Zerog, if you ever come to Charlotte, a steak dinner is on me my friend. You made me realize just how right, UMR was back in my younger days.

The moral of this story is, please folks, dont ever quit trying to make good, better. You folks do an outstanding job and sometimes, it takes awhile for old farts like me to come around, but we do. I thank you, I thank this forum for stil being here and I will thank anyone who helps me find, my lower jaw.

take care
Jeff McClellan
gpzbc's Avatar gpzbc 03:25 PM 01-24-2012
Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you found the sweet spot.
trjam's Avatar trjam 03:17 PM 03-21-2012
I know Dave, digging up old threads. Sorry, but, after really going through this thread it isnt Zerog and his settings that actually helped this tv, it is Studdad and his standard calibrated settings that actually make this tv. Picture is great but what I found is that their isnt any degrading of picture quality going to the sides of the picture. I am utterly amazed their isnt a loss of picture quality doing so. I have to admit this is the best picture this tv has ever produced.
serro821's Avatar serro821 12:20 AM 04-29-2012
Hey, I was wondering if any one knows how to turn film mode on? It is greyed out on my set.
bjfoien's Avatar bjfoien 07:49 AM 04-30-2012
trjam, I have had many years of enjoyment with my 46A750. I also tried Studdad's settings this weekend after reading your post. I have to agree with you, my panel has never looked better.
lb750's Avatar lb750 08:01 AM 04-30-2012
I got almost four years out of mine until I got a thin black line in the screen. Luckily I had an extended warranty on mine. I was given a $1200 credit towards a new TV. I got the
UN55ES7500. Great picture but now I am waiting on a claibration thread so I can get it dialed in like the A750.
theanew's Avatar theanew 11:11 PM 05-02-2012
Let me know if a calibration thread pops up, would like utilize as well.
Stevekw3134's Avatar Stevekw3134 07:27 AM 10-27-2012
I lost all my settings, I'm looking for a good sports setting. Any and all help will be appreciated.
First ... 46  47  48

Up
Mobile  Desktop