2008 LG XXLG50 Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 305 Old 09-06-2010, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ugh, this 37LG50 is the biggest piece of crap. Verrryyy slow input selection. Weird control lockups that require the power plug to be pulled. Occasional spontaneous reboots. USB port has intermittent loss of connectivity while playing music/photos since the first time I used it. Timer function full of bugs. Sound sucks and turning it up enough to hear well causes the plastic bezel to vibrate annoyingly. Total buyer's remorse on this one folks. If only I can get Visa to do the product protection thing and maybe LG can fix this POS since it is out of warranty. I guess I should have suspected something when LG sent me like 3 separate mailers for buying an extended warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 305 Old 02-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike89 View Post

Ugh, this 37LG50 is the biggest piece of crap. Verrryyy slow input selection. Weird control lockups that require the power plug to be pulled. Occasional spontaneous reboots. USB port has intermittent loss of connectivity while playing music/photos since the first time I used it. Timer function full of bugs. Sound sucks and turning it up enough to hear well causes the plastic bezel to vibrate annoyingly. Total buyer's remorse on this one folks. If only I can get Visa to do the product protection thing and maybe LG can fix this POS since it is out of warranty. I guess I should have suspected something when LG sent me like 3 separate mailers for buying an extended warranty.

did you get the extended warrenty? the tv's old enough now that they'll probably just give you a comperable new set.havent had any problems myself(though i have mine hooked up to an a/v reciever so i dont need internal speakers) but it sounds like you need a firmware update

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #303 of 305 Old 09-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
i know that this an old thread but i just got my renewal form for my extended warrenty from lg. is it worth extending the warrenty for another year for $80 i got it novenber 2008, im asking because with my luck the day the warrenty expires the tv will die and i will be SOL

pcm=potato
bitstream=patato
post #304 of 305 Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

i know that this an old thread but i just got my renewal form for my extended warrenty from lg. is it worth extending the warrenty for another year for $80 i got it novenber 2008, im asking because with my luck the day the warrenty expires the tv will die and i will be SOL

For that cheap and that long, certainly. The repair dude that came to my house to fix my Mitsu said these new TVs last only 5-7 years and when they break either the part is no longer available or as expensive as a new TV. I wish I had one for that cheap and that long.
post #305 of 305 Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike89 View Post

The bezel issue was a known problem that would have been fixed under warranty. As for the rest, sounds like you got a bad unit. Of my 4 HDTVs, its the second oldest (the oldest, an Olivia, died) and used the most, no issues other than the rattle, but I have a 2.1 system connected so not an issue.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page