Samsung LNXXA650 InfoLink hacking - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 332 Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, Samsung makes photo frames that offer the exact same InfoLink support. In addition, those can accept RSS feeds from here:
http://www.framechannel.com/Downloads/samsung.php

So assuming the parsing code is the same (most likely), we might be able to stream pics as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 332 Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM

Hi, I signed up just because of this thread. I'm not pretending to know most of what's being discussed as this is not my field. I have a 750 and (as expected) am pretty disappointed with its limited networking/internet capabilities. This forum gives hope as samsung hasn't had any new updates in the 2-3 months I've been looking.
One question maybe one of you can answer for me: The tv only handles a small number of AV codecs (and pictures). Is there a way I can get this wiselink thing to recognize and play more files, i.e. .mkv,.m2ts,.wmv?
Thanks to all
Chris
post #33 of 332 Old 03-02-2009, 04:59 PM

I was really hoping someone would have some kind of response. I just get the runaround via email with samsung about how to keep checking website. Gonna try by phone.
post #34 of 332 Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM

What is the base memory of this unit. I know that Debian now has a ARM kernel. I think they are using it on similar devices, such as Western Digitals My Book world editions. Would it be possible to get something like this going on the set?
post #35 of 332 Old 03-16-2009, 02:34 PM

Interest in this thread just seems to have died, and it looked promising ...and I have just found it.

Has anyone managed to get any more info.?
post #36 of 332 Old 03-16-2009, 05:03 PM

Looks like it died. Please keep it going as I have been repetitively emailing Samsung about their lack of support with my issues. Responses are always in the line of: keep checking the website for any posted updates but nothing yet for new codec support, firmware support, etc. It appears as though they don't care to be active or improve upon on these things.
post #37 of 332 Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM

I'm sure this thread my be dying but there still are a lot of people that would like this functionality with their 650s.

Has anyone tried to use the firmware from the 750 on their 650?
post #38 of 332 Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 AM

I'm interested in being able to pick up more than just the RSS feeds supplied in infolink. Has anyone gotten this to work?
post #39 of 332 Old 03-31-2009, 07:12 PM

I am VERY interested in this thread. I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but some other guy on vistabug.com has successfully hacked the firmware (to an extent) on his LN52A650. You can find the details here

What I'm interested in is a hack that allows you to change the brightness/contrast/sharpness/color while in Game Mode OR hack new values into the firmware so that when Game Mode is enabled those new values take effect instead of the old. If anyone can make a hack that does this it would be appreciated beyond your comprehension :P

I will respond to PM's eventually, I swear.
post #40 of 332 Old 03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Interesting...

Xbox Live Gamertag: FELONY 301

PSN ID: FELONY--301

No problem adding people...
post #41 of 332 Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM

www.vistabug.com/bb/viewtopic.php?id=76 - This Post gives the basic step needed to look inside the firmware upgrade package that Samsung provides.
Has anyone tried to change the firmware to enable a telnetd daemon on the TV so that we can log in remotely to change stuff on the TV?

I followed the exact steps in that post to open the rootfs.img file from the Samsung update. It is possible to change one of the files in the squashfs image to just add "telnetd &" line to the rc.local file under etc/ directory. But I do not know if in the update process the checksum or md5sum of the image file is checked or not. If it is, the update may not proceed if the checksums mismatch.
On the other hand, if the new image can be successfully flashed on the TV, it would be easy to cobble together a media player application based on how the display driver is provided. So, basically could we potentially put something like VLC cross-compiled on the TV if the ARM processor inside it is powerful enough? It already has usb-storage enabled and so we can try and play stuff off from a USB attached HDD.
This potentially also opens up avenues for supporting multiple usb wireless adapters instead of being tied down to the only one provided by Samsung.

It would be great if we could round up some like minded 6-series tv owners to test out some stuff.
post #42 of 332 Old 04-03-2009, 09:40 PM

Sensaurabh,

Unfortunately my knowledge of linux is limited. From what you can see on that vistabug forum, do you think it is possible to hack the firmware to remove the edge enhancement from GAME MODE?

post #43 of 332 Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 PM

following up from my previous post, it looks like the modification I'm looking for would occur in "exe.img". According to the thread on vistabug:

Quote:

exe.img contains a huge executable file (main TV application, also lots of debuginfo):
-rwxr-xr-x 1 1007 100 12418868 2008-04-30 00:44 exeDSP
It may be possible to replace this application with the one from 8 series (and newer) to get more functionality.

If replacing this file *might* result in more functionality, it sounds to me like this is the place to start hacking if I want to hack in custom settings.

post #44 of 332 Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus7 View Post

I am VERY interested in this thread. I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but some other guy on vistabug.com has successfully hacked the firmware (to an extent) on his LN52A650. You can find the details here

What I'm interested in is a hack that allows you to change the brightness/contrast/sharpness/color while in Game Mode OR hack new values into the firmware so that when Game Mode is enabled those new values take effect instead of the old. If anyone can make a hack that does this it would be appreciated beyond your comprehension :P

I second this...except for an LN46A850 I'd pay for a hack that let me adjust the color + sharpness in VGA mode.
post #45 of 332 Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Yeah me too. If someone can come up with a hack I'll pay you for it.

post #46 of 332 Old 04-04-2009, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
haha yeah well problem is even though the TV is running an OS that is well known by every day programmers (linux) the software that runs the TV is made specificly for the hardware in the TV

chances are unless someone really brilliant comes around and spends the time to reverse engineer the code as much as possible in the update files the only way to make these sort of major changes to the SW is to have a programmer from samsung that is well versed in the workings of the hardware inside the TV's make it happen.

even then it may not be possible because VGA is not meant to allow color controls because the color settings are supposed to be controlled by the output device (a PC by their "official" use) and there fore the display is just a "slave device" to the output device like a PC that CAN alter the color settings.

this is why it is set this way.

also on a side note I was disappointed at first when i seen my Sony 32xbr6 has no color controls in VGA when i had my xb360 connected but after running calibration discs on it and using color filters I confirmed that the color was already correct on the VGA input and didn't need any real adjustments

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #47 of 332 Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus7 View Post

Sensaurabh,

Unfortunately my knowledge of linux is limited. From what you can see on that vistabug forum, do you think it is possible to hack the firmware to remove the edge enhancement from GAME MODE?

Have you tried looking at the settings in the TV service menu? To get into the service menu, Turn off the TV, then on the remote:
1. Hit "Mute".
2. Hit 1,8,2.
3. Hit "Power".
This should take you into the service menu for any Samsung TV. Look around in here and see if you find anything interesting.
post #48 of 332 Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 PM

I'm interested in finding out if anyone has tried what was previously mentioned about installed the 850's software to see if you get the added features. We all know that the TVs have the same hardware... they just code it different so the 650 has less features.

I'd like to play movies through the wiselink.... otherwise I find looking at slide shows with some mp3 playing completely pointless!

I would definitely pay for hacked code...
post #49 of 332 Old 04-12-2009, 10:27 PM

that is really cool - is there a place which goes over what all those settings are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensaurabh View Post

Have you tried looking at the settings in the TV service menu? To get into the service menu, Turn off the TV, then on the remote:
1. Hit "Mute".
2. Hit 1,8,2.
3. Hit "Power".
This should take you into the service menu for any Samsung TV. Look around in here and see if you find anything interesting.

post #50 of 332 Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 AM

If I have read GPL correctly Samsung has to release their TV source code since it depends on GPL'ed libraries.

Has any of you succeeded in getting a copy of the software?
post #51 of 332 Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM

edit
post #52 of 332 Old 04-23-2009, 02:29 AM

post #53 of 332 Old 04-25-2009, 03:16 AM

is this not the source code? or is this not so important ?
post #54 of 332 Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 AM

I've got a A650 and a B650. The B has supposedly more functionality, but I'm not sold. It is very slow and when I try to view .jpg from my computer it crashes. I think the processing power is just too low to do much. It's easier just to plug my laptop into the set and do it that way.

That said, if there was a working hack I'd certainly try it...
post #55 of 332 Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 AM

The firmware images for the B650, recently released in the UK (T-CHL7DEUC-1008.0), has been encoded by Samsung. The method used to encode it looks to be simple enough to get around.

Is anyone here 'playing' with any of these FW's?
post #56 of 332 Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phew View Post

The firmware images for the B650, recently released in the UK (T-CHL7DEUC-1008.0), has been encoded by Samsung. The method used to encode it looks to be simple enough to get around.

Is anyone here 'playing' with any of these FW's?

I was playing with them yesterday.
From what I can tell the encryption is a simple XOR. Could be wrong, though.

cheers
post #57 of 332 Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 AM

I was able to decrypt the images using the ddcmp tool.
The passwd used is the name of the firmware, e.g. T-CHL7DEUC

cheers
post #58 of 332 Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 AM

Yeah, I got there too, using a method a bit more long winded than yours though.

What would be their reason for changing the exe.img from Squashfs to Fat?
Both appdata and exe were Squashfs images in the only other file that I looked at.
post #59 of 332 Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM

Hi,
i see there is a new firmware for the LE46A956D --> T-RBYDEUC-1013.1
for the german people download it here.... my question is.... can i
install it to the newer version of A9 series LE46A959D ???

best regards
yanardag

PS: have anyone a Changelog for this firmware whats NEW ???
post #60 of 332 Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 PM

I've been picking apart the T-CHU7DEUC revision 1006 firmware for a UE46B7020WW recently.

The exeDSP loads up in IDA Pro pretty well, though some of the platform's ARM opcodes appear not to be recognised. But it's chock full of interesting symbol information and debug strings that give away a lot about what it's doing.

I found some interesting code regarding key sequences, so if you type certain buttons on the remote in a certain order, it performs a function. Couldn't quite figure out all the keys (and the TV is my flatmate's, and he won't let me test most of them ) but you guys might like to have a go:

MUTE 1 1 9 OK -> "HotelFactory"
MUTE 1 2 0 EXIT -> "LEDDemo" (didn't seem to do anything?)
MUTE 1 8 4 EXIT -> "DV"
MUTE 1 8 5 EXIT -> ?
MUTE 1 8 7 EXIT -> "DSG" (some HDMI test)
INFO 3 2 1 EXIT -> "Calibration"
MUTE 7 3 7 OK -> "PDPFactory"
MUTE 7 5 0 EXIT -> "FlashPlayerDemo" (goes to content library screen)
MUTE 9 4 8 EXIT -> "YahooFactoryReset" (resets widgets)
MUTE OK MUTE OK -> "InfoLinkDemo"
MUTE ["RSS" key?] -> "ControlPanelVoltage"
INFO [unknown key with code 0x3B] -> "Factory"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page