32" symphonic wf32l6 problems please HELP!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so i just picked up this symphonic wf32l6 2nd hand, it ran great over component for afuew hours. then i proceeded to hook up the hdmi to my xbox. as soon as i connected it i hurd this hummm,(the tv contuned to work) i reached around to unplug another device, well doing so i bumped my head on the corner of the tv pritty hard, i look up and the tv is off, i turn it back on the humm is still there and the tv starts to turn on and off, back and for the between standby and on humming all the way. so i start unplugging cables. now its just the tv plunged into the power and it will not turn on. all i get is the stand by light and when i turn it on it humms for about 3 seconds and then turns off. i cant find anything about ths problem online, please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

sorry for the spelling and gramor problems, its been a long day and then for this to happen... im sure u know the feeling

so i just tried it again, and it more of a high pitched power humm for about 1 second and then u here a very faint speaker pop, like when u turn an amp off

thanks again
-Nick
post #3 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Have you tried unplugging the power to the TV for a while and then reconnecting?

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

yes sir i did, and no go, im going to leave it unpluged over night when i go to bed, thanks for the qwick reply
post #5 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

i think it is the the Digital tuner board of the main system board

i think the digital tuner board bc that controlles the HDMI as well i think, and maybe it got shorted out some how. or the main system oard bc that has the power supply

-Nick
post #6 of 8 Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Well I guess you don't have much to lose since it will surely cost more to repair than the TV is worth, you may as well see if you can fix it yourself. Since you accidentally jarred the TV it may have caused a short or spike to blow a fuse. If you remove the back of the TV look for a blown fuse on one of the boards. If that's the case a replacement fuse shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Good luck and BTW, welcome to the forum.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

still no luck i left it unpluged for over 12 hrs and no dice. if anyone could find me a service manual i would be very grateful
post #8 of 8 Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

so... i took the whole thing apart, turned it on an it worked, put it back togehter, it worked, set it all back up in my room it worked, watched a 1080i movie on it, it worked. worked all night, turned it on this morning, same crap, same buzzing/hissing. well it worked with the noise for ~4min then shut off, not it wont even turn on., please help..... power supply maybe, back light inviter, maybe that y im getting the high pitched buzzing...help me please
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page