Ghosting on my Samsung LN32A450 LCD TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-01-2008, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung LN32A450 LCD TV. I noticed ghosting when the picture moved(left to right and top to bottom) while watching cable TV using an HD DVR hooked up to my TV via HDMI. I called Samsung and told them about it and they sent out a tech to take a look at my TV. When the tech came he said that he wasn't convinced that my TV was ghosting. But he replaced the motherboard of the TV just in case. After the tech installed the new motherboard I didn't notice any thing different with the picture. Anyways it's been a few weeks since he came and I can't help but still notice a little ghosting/smearing when the picture moves. I'm also noticing smearing on my Xbox 360 while playing Halo 3. Can another internal part of my TV, besides the mainboard(since it's been replaced by the tech), be causing this ghosting that I'm noticing? Or is this TV supposed to ghost a little? Is anyone else having the same problem? I'm hesitating to call Samsung and ask them to send another tech out, because they said if the tech comes again and he doesn't find a problem with the TV, he would charge me a $75 fee. Any help would be highly appreciated. By the way I posted this in the "Official Samsung LNxxA450(Series 4) Owner's Thread", but I didn't get any replies there, so I decided to post it on a new thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-05-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Bump
post #3 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Hey, I've also noticed ghosting/smearing on my LN32A450.

I have it hooked up to my 360 via HDMI, and also do OTA HD.

At first I didn't notice it, but now that I have, can't stop seeing it. Compared to my old RP-LCD TV which had zero ghosting, it's quite annoying.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page