reset sharp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello

I have a 32D50U. I had a power outage and after that my TV does not turn on at all. No audio or video. After the power outage when I turned on the TV the audio came and then I could hear a relay click and audio turned off. No video at all.

This has happened to me before and I have taken it the sharp repair shop and the lady there said, she just had to reset the TV.

Now that the TV is not under warranty I would like to do this myself.

The only reset kind of thing I can see at the back is near the power input and I have tried putting a small pin there and holding it. But it does not feel like any button or anything.

Would appreciate help to reset

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

You should be able to call the 1-800 Sharp customer service number and ask them that question. They should be able to tell you how to do it over the phone for free, regardless of whether you have a warranty or not.

I'm not sure about the Sharp, but on the Vizio I had the customer service person on the phone told me to unplug the TV from the wall, then press and hold the power button on the TV for 10 seconds. Then plug it back in the wall.

Did you at least try unpluging it from the wall, wait for a minute or two, then plug it back in again?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 AM

My older sharp lc-15s1u has the same thing happening. I need to do the reset thing & can't find out how. Sharp wouldn't help. They said to take it to a repair center & 'pay through the nose' for a simple reset. I also had it done once before. I need to know how to do this as it'll happen again in my motorhome.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page