Hi ! Need some advice on the LN46A650 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New to this forum

Yes ! I know this TV has a thread like 540 pages long and some other separate threads. Some of you will prolly think "This idiot !" and I can't blame you, but after trying to get all the info on this TV ( reading like 30 pages on the "Official LNaxx650 Owner's thread", I still have some info that I am missing.

-I learned that this TV had that Purple Haze issue before but now it has been fixed, so I will make sure that when buying, I will go after a July ( or after ) built model, that is solved.

-I learned about the Halo Effect on the 750, and that made me decide on not to get that TV.

-I thought about getting the Panasonic 800U but it's a Plasma and I want an LCD screen ( currently own an LG50pc5d plasma, and even thos it's reviews have been bad, I think it's an amazing TV when calibrated well, even for Blu-Ray movies )

--The only thing that I am missing is the gaming lag issue ( one of the reasons for buyg this TV is gaming, I own a PS3 and a 360, and input lag drives me nutzz with my LG since I LOST ALL MY HALO ONLINE SNIPING SKILLS !!!!! )

Can anyone please confirm me this ? Is there a real input lag issue on this TV set ? Does "game mode" really work or is it only a feature to convince gamers to buy it ?

Thanks in advance, your responces will be appreciated.

Henry

Join the Samsung LCD Owner's group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipios View Post

New to this forum

Yes ! I know this TV has a thread like 540 pages long and some other separate threads. Some of you will prolly think "This idiot !" and I can't blame you, but after trying to get all the info on this TV ( reading like 30 pages on the "Official LNaxx650 Owner's thread", I still have some info that I am missing.

-I learned that this TV had that Purple Haze issue before but now it has been fixed, so I will make sure that when buying, I will go after a July ( or after ) built model, that is solved.

-I learned about the Halo Effect on the 750, and that made me decide on not to get that TV.

-I thought about getting the Panasonic 800U but it's a Plasma and I want an LCD screen ( currently own an LG50pc5d plasma, and even thos it's reviews have been bad, I think it's an amazing TV when calibrated well, even for Blu-Ray movies )

--The only thing that I am missing is the gaming lag issue ( one of the reasons for buyg this TV is gaming, I own a PS3 and a 360, and input lag drives me nutzz with my LG since I LOST ALL MY HALO ONLINE SNIPING SKILLS !!!!! )

Can anyone please confirm me this ? Is there a real input lag issue on this TV set ? Does "game mode" really work or is it only a feature to convince gamers to buy it ?

Henry

The word is "probably" and not "prolly."
Old 09-17-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:

New to this forum

Henry

I just picked up my LN52A650 a couple of days ago and so far, even after the 2001.3 firmware update, the only issue I have is a little Triple Ball Effect when playing Gears of War with AMP set to Low or Medium. If you play Gears, zoom in with a weapon, and turn at full speed while zoomed in, you will see trailing images of the crosshair. I'm guessing that this is something inherent with AMP and turning it off rids of the issue. However, I do not have ANY input lag so no worries there.

I LOVE THE TV!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM

No problems on Call of Duty 4. I love sniping but, I found it harder to play with amp on even at the low setting. Dunno, but to me it just seems everyone is moving so much more faster.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

The word is "probably" and not "prolly."

Is that the best you can come up with ? Dude I am spanish speaker, so my english is not that good.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:02 PM

FWIW I have owned 2 Rear Projection LCD's Sony and Panasonic. The 650 has the same amount of lag as my 2 other Tv's. Which is not noticeable.

I was ranked #1 in the world for a few weeks in NBA 2K6 playing on a RPLCD Sony 42 inch.

I think you will be fine with the 650.

I love my 650 because if you wanna make it look like a plasma you can with the backlight.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Is that the best you can come up with ? Dude I am spanish speaker, so my english is not that good.

Compared to some of the posts by the natives your English is fine. I read your original post twice and I would never conclude that English is not your primary language. Keep posting and ignore the critics.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

[sharkcohen:

Man I already said I read a lot of pages from that thread without finding out what i was trying to know !

What's wrong with ya'll ? I was told this site was really cool with cool people

Old 09-17-2008, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramazur View Post

Compared to some of the posts by the natives your English is fine. I read your original post twice and I would never conclude that English is not your primary language. Keep posting and ignore the critics.

yeah I am from Puerto Rico, my english is OK but I still need to refine my langueage you know, cuz sometimes I mix the past with the future, tenses you know LOL