Official Sony XBR6 Series Owner's Thread - Page 122 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You're very welcome! And thanks for posting that those settings work. Not only does hearing that make me feel good but it might help someone else down the road, looking for a similar fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HDMI's don't work on my XBR 6 after a lightning strike. 300$ to repair.. not sure if it is worth it or should I just get a newer TV.. Any recomondations on a 40" tv that is as good or better than XBR-6 ?? might be worth getting something a little newer. just not sure if it is worth putting 300$ into a 6 year old tv?

thanks
Old 08-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I need help, I'm trying to find out the screw size that I need to attach the TV stand that came with the TV? I can't seem to find the size.

Thanks Jerry
Old 08-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thread depth is 9/16th inch; machine screw. Sorry don't know the screw size #. Hope that helps.

Xekester
Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekester View Post
Thread depth is 9/16th inch; machine screw. Sorry don't know the screw size #. Hope that helps.

Xekester
Thanks it helps. Hopefully someone will know the size of the machine bolt. Any help on on this would be appreciated.
Thank you
Old 08-26-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons07 View Post
Thanks it helps. Hopefully someone will know the size of the machine bolt. Any help on on this would be appreciated.
Thank you
I found them online!!
Thanks
Old 03-24-2015, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
So a couple of days back I saw the Geek Squad guy at the Best Buy next door start putting detritus from his installs into the dumpster, including a LCD TV (which he obligingly left by the side of it). Once he'd vacated the area, I went to take a look only to find a rather nice looking Sony XBR6 in the 40" size. I knew there was a good chance of something being wrong with it (I mean, who would throw out a perfectly good TV?), but I decided to drag it back over to my office and take a look. Turning it on, I found what I thought at first glance might be a bad T-con board, but after doing some research over the weekend I now think it might be at least one bad tab bond (though applying pressure to the top of the surround does nothing to change the presented image).

I find myself left at a bit of a crossroads with it. I could tear it apart and try the temporary tab bond fix you can find pretty readily via Google. But I don't know how long a fix like that might last, so I'd be disinclined to sell it on to someone, and I don't really need another TV of any description for our place. Or I could strip it and sell the parts on eBay - a good T-con board for these could bring $100 all by itself! Then maybe $40 for the stand; $25-30 for the power supply board; $60-70 for the video board, etc... I could end up getting some pretty good money out of it. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 15.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	622489   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 24.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	622497  

Last edited by michaelwalsh; 03-24-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Does anyone know if there's a discrete IR command to toggle the speakers on/off? I know the functionality exists through the menus, but I'd like to program it as a button on my Harmony remote. If anyone has done it, could you please post up how you did? Or, if you know of another model that has the toggle command that works with the XBR6 and can post the model number I can always use my other Harmony to teach it to the living room remote. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwalsh View Post
I find myself left at a bit of a crossroads with it. I could tear it apart and try the temporary tab bond fix
Decided to part it out - panel was bad. Not upper tabs, which Sony had apparently tried to address by already having rubber bumpers attached to the metal frame from the factory, but one of the "floating" tabs at the side of the screen. Anyone need any parts before I throw them up on eBay?

Tags
Sony Bravia 37 Inch Lcd Hdtv Kdl 37xbr6 , Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 40xbr6 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 46xbr6 46 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 52xbr6 52 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv