Official Sony XBR8 Series Owner's Thread - Page 187 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5581 of 5584 Old 08-10-2016, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Any of you guys sold a 55 XBR8 recently? Are they worth much on the market? What's a fair price you think to get it moved?

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 5584 Old 09-12-2016, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just in case this thread isn't completely dead...

Sony's announcement that they're going to patch all PS4s to ouput HDR signals caused me to look through the manual for my XBR8 for information about the "Wide" setting for Color Space. I assume this setting on a 2008 TV isn't the same thing as what we know as "HDR" in 2016, right? As someone who bought this TV primarily for its outstanding-for-the-time contrast ratio, improving on that really appeals to me.

On the other hand, thinking about this made me make an exploratory trip to check out some HDR-capable 4K TVs this weekend. It's kind of a bummer that my XBR8 is still going as strong as the day I bought it, because those new TVs are very, very pretty...
post #5583 of 5584 Old 09-12-2016, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan E View Post
Just in case this thread isn't completely dead...

Sony's announcement that they're going to patch all PS4s to ouput HDR signals caused me to look through the manual for my XBR8 for information about the "Wide" setting for Color Space. I assume this setting on a 2008 TV isn't the same thing as what we know as "HDR" in 2016, right? As someone who bought this TV primarily for its outstanding-for-the-time contrast ratio, improving on that really appeals to me.

On the other hand, thinking about this made me make an exploratory trip to check out some HDR-capable 4K TVs this weekend. It's kind of a bummer that my XBR8 is still going as strong as the day I bought it, because those new TVs are very, very pretty...
It has tested a UHD Blu-ray in this model of TV? I would like to know the results that may be greater range of colors and contrast in scenes with glitter.
post #5584 of 5584 Old 09-12-2016, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1258 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Color Space and Live Color option on XBR8 is probably very similar artificial color stuff meaning it is made up by the TV, it is not source related..Before and after the TV is proper calibrated these options should be turned off..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Plasma Hdtv , Sony , Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 46xbr8 46 Inch Triluminos Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread