LN46A650 Sound Lag - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have owned this TV for about 6 months and I love it. I just got around to running everything through the TV and piping the sound out to my surround sound system. Up to now, only the cable and the integrated DVD player have been playing through the surround sound system, all else have been straight through the TV's speakers. To be clear: I have just plugged all cables into the back of the TV and then ran an audio red/white cable from the TV's "audio out" connectors to the "audio in" connectors on my surround sound system.
I have the sound working now, but I have tremendous lag on the sound, about 1.5 to 2 seconds. I figure the sound is delayed because I am now running it through the TV, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I have been through all the menus with no luck.

Do I need to fix a sound setting to speed it up? Do I need to delay the picture (how?) so it is in time with the sound? I just don't know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 04:00 AM

I have the same thing, When you say a delay, do you mean when you have the tv speakers on and the surround on at the same time?

When i have both on, on SOME sources the surround sound lags behind the Tv's speakers, so I usually just turn the tv down to about level 5.

I havent noticed the sound not matching the mouth movements so it hasnt bothered me into looking for a fix (if there is one, im doubting it.)
post #3 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 AM

I have noticed sound lag as well.

On my 26" toshiba upstairs, i have no sound system and thus just play the sound over the tv speakers, toshiba's have great speakers, no problems at all.

On my brand new 37" toshiba downstairs i am playing the sound thru my audio receiver out to 5.1 speakers, two large standing speakers in front, two little ones in the back and a center channel speaker in the middle above the tv. There does seem to be some sound lag compared to the mouth movements on the screen. I am just running an audio cable from the audio out on the back of the tv to the aux audio in of the receiver.

The above reason and others being poor picture quality is why i am returning the TV this week.

TC
post #4 of 4 Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Weirdest thing: I turned it on last night and it worked fine. No adjustments or tweaks required. My mind is blown as to how this fixed itself, but it did.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page