AKAI LCD 42" model LCT42Z7TAP - issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the TV described above which was a gift (thus no receipt) and it is still under warranty. AKAI will not allow me to have it repaired under warranty without the receipt. I have tried getting the receipt from the person who gifted it to us with no success, so there is no receipt, thus no hope of getting the manufacturer to fix it under warranty.

The problem with it is after 4 months of getting it, the screen went out!. Just happened randomly, there was no storm. The TV still pipes the sound through the amplifier into the surround speakers, so the issue is with the screen.

Is there anyone on here that can help me troubleshoot this? Do I have to get a new TV? If so, I don't like this brand. I am hoping that it is a burnt back light or some pins out of place, but it could be graver than that and we would have to chunk out a 42-inch LCD Screen TV that had only been used for 4 months.

Please help.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Hmm this may be a long shot but if the people who gave it to you paid for it by credit card you can 1. see if the store still has the transaction in their system and 2. See if a credit statement could suffice as proof of date of purchase.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Ok, I did try that and no... can't get it. So for everyone else asking, there is no receipt.

Anyways, can anyone else help me?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page