HELP! My LG LCD TV suddenly turn off by itself and ... - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 45 Old 08-02-2013, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have similar power supply on my LG 47 " LCD TV. Do the same. ON and OFF all the time without even touching anybutton. I really appriciate your help. Normally when I turn ON, one red light comes ON and stayes but now, it turns blue then off, then ON again by itself.
I have removed all the wires from the power supply except the main control. It turns ON and OFF and I have checked a pin 24v, it goes down to 15V, then 24 again.
Tahnaks in advnace
With regards
Austi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 08-02-2013, 08:21 AM

I have similar power supply on my LG 47 " LCD TV. Do the same. ON and OFF all the time without even touching anybutton. I really appriciate your help. Normally when I turn ON, one red light comes ON and stayes but now, it turns blue then off, then ON again by itself.
I have removed all the wires from the power supply except the main control. It turns ON and OFF and I have checked a pin 24v, it goes down to 15V, then 24 again.
Tahnaks in advnace
With regards
Austi
post #33 of 45 Old 08-02-2013, 08:21 AM

Tahnaks in advnace
With regards
Austi
post #34 of 45 Old 11-26-2013, 10:01 AM

We have the model with the half moon shaped on-off button on the front right face. The button was stuck causing the tv to cycle on and off. We pryed it out with a small knife. Now we only use the remote. Newer LG models don't have the on-off button on the front face. I hope this helps.
post #35 of 45 Old 12-16-2013, 01:45 PM

I ran into this with my 32" LG 32LD550 television yesterday.

tl;dnr version - set your output device (Blu-ray, cable box, satellite dish receiver, set tup box, etc) to 720p and see if you TV stays on any longer.

Here is some observation:

This started happening to me yesterday when I was watching movies from my Plex server via a Roku (version 3, if we are counting) hooked up to HDMI1.  I moved to HDMI3, same thing.

I unplugged the Roku, plugged in my Chromecast to HDMI1, same issue.  Then I remembered that I had set the Roku to 1080p instead of 720p just before I shut it off the last time.  I reset the Roku to 720p, and bingo! no power off.

I have not tested any app on the Roku other than Plex.  I was streaming 1080p from to the Chromecast, same movie, also using Plex, so I need to figure out if I can decrease the output to 720p as a test for that.  I plan to try Netflix and Hulu on the Roku, and perhaps 1080p/720p on Youtube with the Chromecast.  

HDMI2 is plugged into my DirecTV receiver - which is set to output 1080p as the maximum resolution.  That said, watching DirecTV has NEVER caused my TV to shut off, but it must be said that the highest resolution for MOST channels is 1080i.  Perhaps that is not enough to overload it.  I'm not really willing to pay for a 1080p stream from DirecTV just to do a test, but if all other 1080p options result in the TV shutting off, I may have to just to satisfy my curiosity.

I have not done anything with HDMI4 recently, my final HDMI input.  I have it hooked up to a small Android based gaming system, and have not ever had an issue with it.

post #36 of 45 Old 01-29-2014, 04:30 PM

my lg is doing the same thing only unplugging it doesn't work for me it will not turn on when I plug it in it repeatedly turns on and off

post #37 of 45 Old 02-15-2014, 07:08 AM

Had same problem with an LG  32ls575t set which developed the problem after 13 months, just oiutside the warranty period.

Set would reboot every couple of minutes with a firmware version message and "please wait".

Rang the supplier, Currys, and an engineer advised to press and hold the ON button for 30 seconds and then release it.

Set was fine after that. Very surprised when he told us the problem is caused by static build up on the set and by holding the button down it cures the problem.  Still find it hard to believe. Suspect it did some factory type reset to the set. Anyway it fixed the problem so far !!

post #38 of 45 Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM

i have a 50inch LG tv aswell and it does the exact same thing , its in the shop at the moment getting fixed . this is a bull#### problem that LG needs to fix !!!!!!!

post #39 of 45 Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just hope to help anybody has the same problem. I had the exact same problem after 2 years of purchasing my LG 47LK520. Tried everything from factory reset to update firmware. Didn't work.

Finally, I bought a power supply board from eBay and replaced it myself. It took about 20 minutes. But the problem persists UNTIL I did ANOTHER factory reset. So, a new power supply board + a factory reset fixed it. 

post #40 of 45 Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM

Hi all,

I had this problem with my LG 32LD550.    I tried a number of things and none of them worked. 

I found the below video about a Samsung TV having a similar problem.  The solution that is presented at 3:27 of the video in the link seems to have worked for me.  The TV has been staying on now for over a week with regular use.   

Good luck! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0cG3lzjuw8

post #41 of 45 Old 05-23-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgslane View Post

Had same problem with an LG  32ls575t set which developed the problem after 13 months, just oiutside the warranty period.

Set would reboot every couple of minutes with a firmware version message and "please wait".

Rang the supplier, Currys, and an engineer advised to press and hold the ON button for 30 seconds and then release it.

Set was fine after that. Very surprised when he told us the problem is caused by static build up on the set and by holding the button down it cures the problem.  Still find it hard to believe. Suspect it did some factory type reset to the set. Anyway it fixed the problem so far !!

I did the above i.e press and hold the On button for 30 seconds and 3 days after doing this no more problems. Just hope it lasts, so thank you very much for the tip. Had to join to express my thanks and to advise others to try this method too.

post #42 of 45 Old 09-01-2014, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa004 View Post
<p>Just hope to help anybody has the same problem. I had the exact same problem after 2 years of purchasing my LG 47LK520. Tried everything from factory reset to update firmware. Didn't work.</p>
<p>Finally, I bought a power supply board from eBay and replaced it myself. It took about 20 minutes. But the problem persists UNTIL I did ANOTHER factory reset. So, a new power supply board + a factory reset fixed it. </p>
Factory reset? How do you perform that? I have replaced the power board and still having the same issue!!

LG42SL90 is my set.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

MJH101070
post #43 of 45 Old 09-01-2014, 03:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa004 View Post
<p>Just hope to help anybody has the same problem. I had the exact same problem after 2 years of purchasing my LG 47LK520. Tried everything from factory reset to update firmware. Didn't work.</p>
<p>Finally, I bought a power supply board from eBay and replaced it myself. It took about 20 minutes. But the problem persists UNTIL I did ANOTHER factory reset. So, a new power supply board + a factory reset fixed it. </p>
Factory reset? How do you perform that? I have replaced the power board and still having the same issue!!

LG42SL90 is my set.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

MJH101070
post #44 of 45 Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Try running it with the back cover off and a fan blowing on it... If it stays on it is overheating.

I have a LG LH5540... Bought in 2011. It would reboot, display white screen and flicker after 20-30 minutes use. Called LG and they said I had to pay for repair.(Over $200) I plugged it into an APC and noticed the TV would draw alot of current when it was happening so I assumed bad Power Supply. I tried replacing the power supply and had the same issue.
  • Used the 1/4" tall heat sinks from a couple of old video cards.
  • Gently laid the TV level where it could sit for a day while Glue cured.
  • Unplugged the TV!
  • Exposed the video processing board and GENTLY removed the tiny factory heatsinks.
  • Made sure all surfaces were clean and glued my "new" Heatsinks in place.
I waited a day - Reassembled the TV and Voila! the TV now works as good as new.

PS. when removing factory heatsinks I made sure not to put any pressure on chip and made sure nothing was touching the new heatsinks other than the chip intended to be cooled.
post #45 of 45 Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH101070 View Post

LG42SL90 is my set.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

MJH101070

Actually the TV start having the same problem about two weeks later. This time I replaced the main board and it is still working now. Somewhere I read that you can keep the power button pressed for 30 secs and release it. That might work.

Good luck.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg