Looking for Sony Bravia KDL-32NL140 info - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-21-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What are the other Sony models that are equivalent to the KDL32NL140?
I am new to shopping for LCD's and have no clue how the KDL32NL140 compares to Sony's other models.
I have three conditions to meet in choosing a new TV(32" screen, up to $600 budget and Sam's Club in store pickup) which limits the choices to the Magnavox, JVC, or Sony brands. The Sony is what I have tentatively decided on based on their reputation and just wanted to do a bit more due diligence before making the purchase.

Thanks for any info or opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning!
post #3 of 11 Old 11-22-2008, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Good Evening!
post #4 of 11 Old 11-22-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonmenlo View Post

What are the other Sony models that are equivalent to the KDL32NL140?
I am new to shopping for LCD's and have no clue how the KDL32NL140 compares to Sony's other models.
I have three conditions to meet in choosing a new TV(32" screen, up to $600 budget and Sam's Club in store pickup) which limits the choices to the Magnavox, JVC, or Sony brands. The Sony is what I have tentatively decided on based on their reputation and just wanted to do a bit more due diligence before making the purchase.

Thanks for any info or opinions.

I am looking for info about the KDL-32NL140 as well. My cousin just bought one and I wanted to hook him up with a calibration thread.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardnok View Post

I am looking for info about the KDL-32NL140 as well. My cousin just bought one and I wanted to hook him up with a calibration thread.

I was also wanting to know what exactly the NL-series is and how it compares to the other series Sony has. So far I haven't come up with much when googling the model number(I got this thread near the top of the results). So if there is very little feedback about this model, it must mean they are either really good or they do not sell a lot of them.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

wow that is an odd looking set isn't it.
it looks like this one at the sony site, www.sonystyle.com only without the extra speakers that come with the one from sony.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665369054

sony often has sets with different numbers and somewhat different specs sometimes for the costco's and sams than what are available elsewhere.

you can also click the SUPPORT at the top of the sonystyle page and get to the manuals etc section drill down to this page for the operating instructions and for the 'marketing specifications' sheet which gives a more detailed list of the specs
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...L32NL140&LOC=3

also do a search for the more mainstream model name/number that's in the sonystyle site for possibly a thread here, though i doubt it

TVbc

iirc afaik fwiw imo
post #7 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc View Post

wow that is an odd looking set isn't it.
it looks like this one at the sony site, www.sonystyle.com only without the extra speakers that come with the one from sony.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665369054

sony often has sets with different numbers and somewhat different specs sometimes for the costco's and sams than what are available elsewhere.

you can also click the SUPPORT at the top of the sonystyle page and get to the manuals etc section drill down to this page for the operating instructions and for the 'marketing specifications' sheet which gives a more detailed list of the specs
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...L32NL140&LOC=3

also do a search for the more mainstream model name/number that's in the sonystyle site for possibly a thread here, though i doubt it

TVbc

Thanks for the tips and link. I will do some more research but odds are I will probably just go ahead and buy it sometime before Christmas. Also since there seems to be a lack of first hand experience here with the NL-series in regards to its reliability I will probably get the extended warranty too just to be on the safe side.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-29-2009, 08:20 PM

I picked up one of these Tuesday night and am scouring the Internets like hell and can't find anything on it. Shall we form a support group?

Shameless Panasonic plasma fanboy || Engadget contributing editor || Follow me on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-29-2009, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdarkness View Post

I picked up one of these Tuesday night and am scouring the Internets like hell and can't find anything on it. Shall we form a support group?

Actually ended up getting a sony 32" L4000 @ WM because it was on sale for 498(15 for 2 yr ext wrty) on turkey day.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-30-2009, 05:21 PM

I tired hooking up my Xbox 360 via VGA cable and all my blacks are green, but only on VGA nothing else.

Shameless Panasonic plasma fanboy || Engadget contributing editor || Follow me on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page