Question about Polaroid 4241-TLXB. 1080p help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-29-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought this LCD tv this black friday and I have some questions. Right now, when I press info on the remote it says that it is showing in 480i SD. Obviously, I want to get it to 1080. How do I do this? Is it showing in 480 because of the tv setting or do I have to call up my satellite provider(Dish Network) and have them change something.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM

Hey King,

I just came across this forum. I bought this exact same TV on Black Friday of '08 as well. Well, I have Dish Network satellite, but now HD package for now and so obviously my TV says so. However I do have an Xbox 360 with HD output and when I switch it to the correct input on the TV for the Xbox 360 it says 1080p and the picture is AMAZING (also hooked up Xbox 360 without the HD cable and it was just normal resolution)! So the TV knows what is hooked up it seems. So, I guess just make sure that you have HD service from your cable or satellite provider and that you have the proper cables hooked up in the right places. That is all I can help for now.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Bottom line. The TV ALWAYS operates at 1080p on the screen. The TV displays what is being sent to it. The problem is the source. Contact Dish to determine your options and costs. It may be your connection choice or setup on the Dish receiver. Only component and HDMI can provide HD. Composite and S-Video only provide 480i. Component and HDMI can provide SD 480p and sometimes 480i from HD channels if the receiver is set wrong.

If it isn't 720p or 1080i/p it isn't HD. If it is 720p or 1080i/p it may not be HD content.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I was a tv noob then. I got the HD from Dish a few days later and the picture is AMAZING especially on movies. Thanks for the help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page