Small LCD Recommedations (26-30") - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2008, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the market for a new TV, but the spot where the TV must go is limited to 28.5" in width. This essentially means that no 32" TVs will fit. Some 30" LCD monitors would fit, but unfortunately these are well out of my price range (>$1,000 - Samsung 305T, Gateway XHD3000, etc).

I plan to use this primarily as a TV, and my sources will be a Tivo HD and a progressive scan DVD player, both with HDMI outputs. My receiver has HDMI switching, so the number of HDMI inputs on the LCD monitor is not important to me.

I want to maximize the size of the TV, so I'm leaning away from getting a 26" LCD TV (the screen height on a 26" WS LCD would actually be shorter than my existing CRT). This leaves me to choose between a 27" or 28" LCD monitor like the ones listed below. For obvious reasons, I would prefer to get a 28".
  • HannsG HG-281DJB (read some fairly favorable reviews on this one in another AVS thread)
  • HannsG HG-281DPB
  • I-Inc iF-281DPB (supposedly the same as the HannsG model above)
  • Hannspree HT09 (28")
  • ViewSonic N2752W
  • Viewsonic VX2835WM
  • Samsung 275T/275T+ (a little over my budget, but I'm still interested to hear folks impressions of these units)

I'd like to hear ppl's experience with the above units given the sources I've mentioned above. Particularly, if you feel that I'm asking for trouble trying to use a LCD monitor with these primary sources, then please tell me. I am particularly concerned about scaling headaches resulting from using a monitor instead of an HDTV.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM

I was at BB and one thing I noticed with the Hanns models is the somewhat more narrow viewing angle. The Hanns (including the Hannspree) dim a bit more rapidly once you move off center.

Have you considered the Westinghouse L2610NW? Also good specs and reasonably priced.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

There are several 26" units that would work, but I'm really trying to maximize the size of the TV. If I don't get the biggest one that will fit into the space, then I know I'll regret it later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page