Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_In_Boston View Post

My apologies and I stand corrected.

Except you did say this.

Quote:
My Samsung LN32A450 is arriving tomorrow by CEVA and I'm just planning on signing and saying see ya lol.
End quote.

Now if you will excuse me I need a shot of Geritol. LOL

Enjoy your set.

Jim

lol true. it did seem like that.

I will enjoy it ( even with all this ridiculous talk about different panel manufacturers for samsung TV's making me have mixed feelings lol )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 203 Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So just an update on my delivery from Amazon. I talked to Amazon about not getting proper white glove delivery and they gave me a $50 refund on the TV. So I am pretty happy with that, that they were willing to give me something. Better than nothing. And so far enjoying the TV
post #183 of 203 Old 01-09-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsievers View Post

So just an update on my delivery from Amazon. I talked to Amazon about not getting proper white glove delivery and they gave me a $50 refund on the TV. So I am pretty happy with that, that they were willing to give me something. Better than nothing. And so far enjoying the TV

Forgot to post my results in this thread.

I ordered my Sammy 850 and it had a delivery date of January 6th (1.5 weeks) through Ceva. Somehow, it shipped from Dallas (I live in Houston) and arrived the next day. I called CEVA, they scheduled delivery for the next day - 8am to noon window. CEVA showed up at 8:15am, brought in my TV, unboxed, stuck batteries in remote, put on stand and waited for me to connect and test. Once done, provided me with a checklist to make sure everything was good to go, signed and took my box to the garage and left.

Best delivery experience I EVER had.
post #184 of 203 Old 01-15-2009, 10:10 PM

I had a new Sony 52XBR6 shipped by CEVA from Amazon.

When they called to schedule an appointment, I had asked them if they can narrow down the time slot from 12-5 to early or late afternoon. The dispatch guy told me that he can have the driver call me 30 mins before my delivery.

Of course when I got the call, the driver was a block away from my house. I told the driver that I can be at home in 15 mins while he makes another delivery.

By the time I got home, the truck was pulling away. My spouse had let them in to setup the TV without wait for me. To their credit, they had setup the way I wanted them to place the TV on the separate TV stand in front of the TV cabinet so I can put the mounting harness myself. They had connected the HDMI cable from my Tivo & coax cable feed.

I wanted to be there to test the VGA input from my laptop to make sure there was no dead/stuck pixels. Luckily there was no pixels issues or external damages to the screen.

I did notice some flashlighting & clouding issues. If I wasn't around this forum, I would have refused to accept delivery, but I now know that it is pretty common with this TV. I will just have to tweak the setting to live with that. It is just a TV afterall.
post #185 of 203 Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 AM

So, my delivery is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. Except it's not CEVA, it's Pilot freight. I assume they do the same services, the CS rep that scheduled the delivery appointment seemed to know that it was a TV.
post #186 of 203 Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 AM

My 750 is being delivered today by Pilot Freight. Temperature is -10, so should I let the tv warm up before turning it on? That will be a friggin' killer if that is the case, like opening presents on Xmas but not able to play with them :-) They may not have white gloves on today, but I bet they have SOME gloves on!!

Will post my delivery experience later.

** Update **

Pilot Freight just called & they cant do delivery today, because they have no trucks available. Had to reschedule for monday - SUCKS
post #187 of 203 Old 01-16-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tOSUSteve View Post

My 750 is being delivered today by Pilot Freight. Temperature is -10, so should I let the tv warm up before turning it on? That will be a friggin' killer if that is the case, like opening presents on Xmas but not able to play with them :-) They may not have white gloves on today, but I bet they have SOME gloves on!!

Yes, you should absolutely let your TV warm up before turning it on. Just resign to the fact that you won't get to play with it till tomorrow.
post #188 of 203 Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tOSUSteve View Post

** Update **

Pilot Freight just called & they cant do delivery today, because they have no trucks available. Had to reschedule for monday - SUCKS

Are you in Columbus Steve? I am enjoying the -10 with my pipes frozen at the moment. I had my 52A750 delivered and I gave it 45 minutes to warm up but it was only in the 30s then. I would definitely say give it a good 2 hours at the very least to warm up. I felt your pain. I took mine out of the box and set it up on the stand and just looked at it for that 45 minutes anxiously waiting. Realizing that you might kill your baby if you get to anxious playing with it is good motivation to let it warm up for a while.
post #189 of 203 Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I ordered my Sharp 65" LCD on Jan. 6th, it shipped the next day, and CEVA called on the 9th to schedule delivery on the 14th, between noon and 4pm. We had sub-zero weather plus snow, so they were about an hour late (they called beforehand that they were running late), but the delivery was fine. They bought the TV into the house, put on booties before going into the living room, asked me where I wanted it placed. They then plugged everything in, put batteries into the remote and made sure it worked before leaving.

It couldn't have gone any better. The fact they were late was a blessing, as the stand I ordered arrived at 2pm, which gave me time to assemble it.

Art
post #190 of 203 Old 01-16-2009, 11:25 AM

Amazon delivered my Samsung 750 46" set in December via CEVA white glove. I would hardly call it white glove.

The set was delivered 4 days later than Amazon said it was supposed to. Not a big deal, but late. I was very happy I didn't have to try and lug home from a store (had thought of getting the same size set at Costco) and that it got here in one piece before Xmas. CEVA did deliver on a Saturday which was nice as others have posted CEVA doesn't do weekend deliveries in their areas.

So two guys carted the set into my home, placed the box on the floor, had me sign the delivery receipt and immediately left. Total time for CEVA 5 minutes. They did not offer to unbox the set, take the box with them, place it into position, or wait for me to test it. In fairness though I didn't press the issue with them so I'm not complaining about it. I had no intention of letting them take the box even if they offered. It wasn't much trouble for me to unbox and place the set. The set proved to be in perfect condition (Yay!!) and I had no problems doing my own hookups. Confession. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this set. I'm now in rehab attempting to cure my addicition to watching HD. Its like being on crack. Man this set has the most incredible picture quality. Sports! Out of this world. And the food channel! I've never seen eats look so good. Not even in a restaurant. Must be trickery. Even commercials mesmerize me.
post #191 of 203 Old 01-17-2009, 04:57 AM

Update: I was the one with the broken panny that came from CEVA through Adorama back in early December - They did take the TV back and are sending out new one. It will be here Monday. This time I intend on carefully and methodically inspect the TV for ANY damage. This is not a white glove delivery but if you see my other post I was chiming in on the CEVA end of it. Anyway, Adorama and CEVA did come through on replacing the damaged television it just took a month for them to do it.
post #192 of 203 Old 01-17-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofar View Post

So, my delivery is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. Except it's not CEVA, it's Pilot freight. I assume they do the same services, the CS rep that scheduled the delivery appointment seemed to know that it was a TV.

Yea, Pilot is just another economy freight service. When my Pilot guy came he had an entire truck full of HDTVs and HTIBs. I believe they usually have a crew that does a truck full of HDTVs and electronics. The TV is in it's usual box and is at their freight location so I hope they know it's a TV.
post #193 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Amazon is now calling its White Glove Delivery something else. It is now shown as "Enhanced Delivery" in the box below the TV description. This may be an attempt to lower the expectations of what the delivery people will do: "bring your TV to an accessible room...and inspect for damage". It probably is a more accurate description to match the minimal service that some people are receiving. What is no longer mentioned is "placing it on a prepared stand" which some might interpret as putting the TV's stand on, or attaching to a wall or upright. It still may infer unpacking the set in order to inspect for damage.
post #194 of 203 Old 01-30-2009, 08:26 PM

Liked: 16
i got my 46-inch samsung lcd (ln46a630) yesterday via amazon's "white glove" delivery. that is hardly the right adjective. it got here on time, and scheduling the deliver was fine, but the truck showed up and it was one friggin' guy. i helped him carry it the 2 flights up to my apartment, because otherwise he was going to stick it on a dolly and just bump the thing 40 times (once on each step). also, he was going to just take it out of the truck and put it down on the wet ground. i stopped him because i wanted to keep the box. we pulled it out of the box together. there is just no way this guy could have done that alone without scratching it up or something. yes it was better than fedex or ups would do. but "white glove"? come on amazon. then he was very rushed and just kept shoving the piece of paper in my face to sign. i said look dude, you're going to have to wait a few minutes, this is an expensive tv, i'm going to look it over, and i'm going to make sure it gets an hdmi signal, and i'm going to look at least for obvious dead pixels. the set looked great and there were no issues. (i think what i was really looking for was evidence that this set had been sold to someone else first. i mean what happens to all those tvs that people return?) i'm going to call and complain about it. fact that i had to carry it up with him - that was kind of ridiculous.
post #195 of 203 Old 02-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Just got my Samsung ln46a750 from Amazon. Ordered on Jan 30, received a phone call to schedule delivery on Feb 2, and had it delivered the next day! It was shipped by Pilot. Had two delivery men. Without asking, they came in, carried the TV to an upstairs bedroom. Unboxed it, powered it on, and made sure everything was ok with it. They probably would have placed it on the stand, but it was not yet ready for the TV. I was extremely pleased with their service.
post #196 of 203 Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Liked: 11
First of all, thanks to all contributors to this thread. Reading this really helped me know exactly what to expect when ordering and receiving the TV.

I ordered a Samsung 32A450 from Amazon last Wednesday (2/18). It shipped from Amazon on 2/19, and Pilot was the freight service. We got a call from Pilot on Friday the 20th stating that it would arrive to the distribution center on Monday the 23rd, and then they would outsource the delivery to our house. Got a call from the outsourced delivery service on Monday, and they set up delivery for Tuesday at 5pm.

The guys showed up about 5-10 minutes early, offered to unpack the TV for inspection. After everything looked good, they offered to screw the TV to the stand so I could set it aside to warm up to room temperature. My room was not quite ready for hook ups and testing anyway, so this was perfect for me. I signed the papers, gave them a tip and they took off. Probably 10 minutes total, and went extremely well. I'm very happy with Amazon and the delivery. If the TV turns out to work as planned, then this was a great deal for me.
post #197 of 203 Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Ordered the Sony KDL-46z4100 late Friday, was "shipped" Saturday afternoon via Pilot Freight in Dallas, but it was not actually "on board" until Tuesday morning. Arrived near Detroit airport by Thursday morning, Pilot called Thursday night and set an appointment for the following Monday from 10 am-2 pm. Two men came at 1:45 pm, they unpacked it and moved it to the couch. They were not allowed to put the stand on per Amazon, which I knew. We could not turn it on as it was bitter cold out, so I had to sign the paperwork with most of the checklist unchecked. (I saw no scratches or blemishes and the box was in good shape.)

I tracked the shipment via Amazon and via www.pilotair.com, and the latter was slightly more informative. The TV seems fine with no flaws, which is a relief. I was able to put the stand on myself singlehandedly and turned it on when I came back home from work.

The delivery men were very polite and friendly and seemed apologetic that they could not turn on the set to check it. All in all, I was very pleased with the entire process and feel this is a practical way to get a large object like a television into the home. It would be very difficult to have done this on my own using my car, and delivery from local stores is usually about $40-$60 extra. One warehouse club's online store charges up to $149 for this type of television delivery, so Amazon's free delivery is a good value.
post #198 of 203 Old 04-15-2009, 02:54 PM

I buy almost everything from Amazon. My first HDTV I bought from a specialized online a/v dealer. Good price, but mediocre service. My situation really requires somebody else to setup my set and make sure the menus work. I can do the cable connections myself. "Enhanced Delivery" would still make me find an installer and greatly reduce the price advantage. So this time I bought a floor model, got a great price and the exact service I wanted.
post #199 of 203 Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have experience with Amazon/CEVA and walkups? (Live in a NYC walkup and and just ordered a LCD).
post #200 of 203 Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickCardo View Post

I buy almost everything from Amazon. .

i'm the same. I've been using amazon for years for all my electronics. Stuff having to drive somewhere & deal with the muppets at the retail stores
post #201 of 203 Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 PM

Bringing this thread out of the archives!

Anyone know how much to tip these guys? I didn't read anyone tipping them so I'm not sure if I should tip them or not.

Oh, does White Glove service also remove my old TV and at least place it on the floor, and put the new one on the old location?

Thanks!

JOhn

- JOhn
post #202 of 203 Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

You don't have to tip, but I always tip workmen, $10 for one, $20 for a group. Why not $5? Give enough to buy a coffee/soda/pop and munchies in your area. Groups are less work than 1 man hauling a TV and if you tip, they are less likely to rush away if you take your time checking the TV before signing off on the delivery.
post #203 of 203 Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM

I believe I tipped a team of 2 guys either $10 or $20 about 3 years ago. I didn't have the issue of removing an old TV, so no help to offer there.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page