LG Service Menu questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 12-03-2008, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Posted this question in the xxLG50 thread, but didn't get any hits, so asking a wider audience.

Picked up this panel last week (37LG50) and am very happy with it so far. Have been calibrating the PQ w/ DVE (old one, not the new BD version) and have everything pretty much set. However, on the overscan test screen, it's clear that my panel is shifted up and to the right by probably a couple clicks.
When I get into the service menu, I can't for the life of me find out where the Horizontal and Vertical position adjustments are. Can see the White Balance, Firmware version, Geo location, etc., but not the position or size settings? Can anyone help? Thx.

BTW, I had to use "0000" as the password to get into the menu. The previously published "8741" (shape of an "L") does not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Can you tell us exactly what you did to get into the service menu?
post #3 of 13 Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

All you do is press menu on the set simultaneously with the menu button on the remote... service menu will appear after a few seconds.
post #4 of 13 Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Is there any way to save the changes that you make?

I have a 42lc2d with terrible out-of-the-box overscan. I can fix it in the service menu, but the changes don't stick. They revert back to normal after poweroff/on or switching source.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-15-2009, 07:31 PM

I am having a similar issue with my 32LG30. The picture seems to shifted to the right just a tad. I can get into the service menu but have no clue what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-17-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_s View Post

Is there any way to save the changes that you make?

I have a 42lc2d with terrible out-of-the-box overscan. I can fix it in the service menu, but the changes don't stick. They revert back to normal after poweroff/on or switching source.

Have you tried just hitting "Menu" vs powering off or switching sources?
Since I didn't find the sub-menu I was looking for, I didn't change anything, so can't confirm what it takes to save the changes.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post

Have you tried just hitting "Menu" vs powering off or switching sources?
Since I didn't find the sub-menu I was looking for, I didn't change anything, so can't confirm what it takes to save the changes.

Yes, I believe I have tried that. The settings will stick around until I switch sources or power the unit off.

I'll try again just to be sure, though. Thanks for the reply.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 PM

Can any of you tell me if there is another way to get into the sevice menu than pressing MENU+MENU? It does not work in my set. I purchsed this set in the US and it is a ·"LH20-UA model. Thank you.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-25-2009, 10:01 AM

I am also having the same problem. My LG tv says "LH20 37" Class..." On the box but I cannot figure out how to get into the service menu and my picture is slightly off center.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_s View Post

Yes, I believe I have tried that. The settings will stick around until I switch sources or power the unit off.

I'll try again just to be sure, though. Thanks for the reply.

Having the same problem here... changes are not saved and reverted as soon as I power off my TV

Did anyone come up with a solution to save the changed settings in the service menu yet? I'm exiting the menu with the same code as I'm entering it, so maybe that's my problem?

thx
Doogie
post #11 of 13 Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 AM

I dont uderstand why i cannot access some menus on my lcd tv LG 32LK430
So, let me exaplain what i mean. I use the TV as a PC monitor, connected with an HDMI - DVI cable.
The input HDMI 1 where the cable is for the PC, i rename it to PC.
It looks much better now ( text, fonts ) but i cant understand why i have no acces to SHARPNESS / TINT / COLOURS + a lot of options from Advanced Control.
Can you explain, please ? If i leave only HDMI without rename it PC, i can access all of them.
Is there a trick to let me acces those 3 options + other ones from Advanced Control, after the HDMI is set / renamed to PC ?
Should i try to go into Service Menu ? I know is danger, i can lose the warranty.
But if i know thats working, i´d give it a try. I need to access some options after the HDMI is as pc mode, especially Sharpness function.
Please give me some advices, guys.
Thanks in advance.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I think you partially answered your own question: "when I set it to PC It looks much better now ( text, fonts )".
By setting input for PC it is optimized for PC and some of the stuff is redundant, like sharpness, since you should have 1: 1 direct pixel mapping. Tint and color you should set up on the PC. Most of TV processing is bypassed to speed up input lag as well and it is completely redundant, since everything should be adjustable inside video drivers on your PC and some.
BTW this thread is 4 yrs old.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 241
pete4 pretty much answered your question. There is no reason to access the SM because you won't be able to enable any of the functions you think you need, other than maybe getting the 430 to pass DD5.1 thru the optical port.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page