Speakers Crackle on my LC42SB45U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, after extensive research, I really need your help guys. I just received my brand new Sharp 42" LC42SB45U LCD TV. I was starting to set it up and the moment I plugged the power in I heard a strange crackle from the speakers but thought that maybe I was just hearing things. I continued to plug in my components and continued to hear an occasional crackle or pop. So, I decided to flip on my directv receiver and see if I still heard it, sure enough it was there. Its not constant but it's certainly often. I unplugged everything except the power and it was still doing it. So, off to the internets I go . After tons of searching I found references about it from everything you could possibly think of (nothing dealing directly with this tv but i thought it might all be worth a try). So, below is everything I've tried and everything I've found.

1. Unplugged all of my wireless network components (this was an actual suggestion)
2. Changed surge protectors and even removed it completely.
3. Put the tv on a different power outlet and removed everything from that circuit except the tv.
4. Moved the tv to a higher point in the room (further away from the floor).

The TV continues to make these popping and crackling sounds after all that. It makes the sound on every single input with the POSSIBLE exception of the VGA input. Changing inputs from one to another does seem to create a pause in the crackle but it soon comes back. One of the stranger things is that if I RAISE the volume, the crackling stops completely. The volume meter goes from 0 - 100. The speakers crackle from about 0-20 however from 20-100 it either stops completely or does it so little I have not yet heard it.

I'm at a complete loss. I have contacted dell and they are unable to exchange the TV because they are out of stock and don't know when they'll ever have it in stock again. They told me my only recourse is to return my TV for a refund. They've issued a RMA and a UPS label but I'd love to call them back and cancel the return, if you guys can help .

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
You should return it, it's defective.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 AM

Had the same problem w/a 32" I got as well... ultimately returned it. Just a heads up for other people...
post #4 of 6 Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

daggers in my heart . i really liked the tv. I'll get over it but I'll have no xbox 360 or tv for a while. thanks for your replies and I guess I'll go read the board on the best suggestions for buying a similar tv. Anyone know of a good 42"+, 120hz, 1080p, lcd, with excellent sound for under $1000 . My dreams huh..
post #5 of 6 Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM

southmc,
Did you return this set or have you solved the issue? I bought this set for my parents and they are having the same issue. Unfortunately, because the issue was so sporadic they waited to call Sharp and now the 30 day window has passed. SHARP has given them the total run around and says there's nothing they can do.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 PM

My TV does the same thing but it only does it when I fast-forward my DVR.
It is a strange popping sound emitting from the speakers.Not enough for me to return but annoying. It happens sporadically, and I haven't heard it for the last few days.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page