took delivery on my new LN52A650 from amzn - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
total deliver the tv..and left it there w/o setting up even though it says white glove delivery. they didnt setup because they say ssince the temperature outside is below 50....i have to wait 2hrs for the tv is warm up.

also, i didnt get the invoice for the tv and my bluray player.

i did not get the checklist.

major disappointment!!
-----------

White-Glove Delivery Service to Your Room of Choice:
At your home, delivery experts will:

carry your TV to any accessible room of your choice and carry it up a staircase provided that the package will physically fit;
unpack your TV and place it on assembled furniture if you wish;
provide a checklist to help guide you through ensuring that your television is in working order;
remove all packing materials from your home if you wish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
They are right about the temps. So don't get too angry. If you turn the tv on from a very cold temp, it can damage it.

Go to your account on amazon and click on the order, there will be the invoice there for you to print out.

Also, there is probably a plastic square stuck on the box the tv came in, take it off and there should be a copy of your order inside that as well.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 28
hot or cold, if you paid extra for white glove delivery, I think you should get a refund back myself..
I can say they don't want to turn it on because of the cold, but why noy take it out of the box and set it up. I don't understand that one..
post #4 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david(dallas) View Post

hot or cold, if you paid extra for white glove delivery, I think you should get a refund back myself..
I can say they don't want to turn it on because of the cold, but why noy take it out of the box and set it up. I don't understand that one..

the white glove is free for tv's over 40", u can't get a refund on free.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Simple, call your CC company and dispute the charges. That will get the attention of Amazon! Bottom line, they did not fulfill their obligations per their advertisement, simple as that! If temperatures are an issue, where is that on Amazon's web site?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 12:12 PM

Does the tv work now?

If so, leave it alone and enjoy your tv. I had a 40" delivered by CEVA and it was a fantastic service - obviously that's not always the case - but it can be.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post

Simple, call your CC company and dispute the charges. That will get the attention of Amazon! Bottom line, they did not fulfill their obligations per their advertisement, simple as that! If temperatures are an issue, where is that on Amazon's web site?

That's kind of harsh don't you think, Amazon doesn't list how to clean the screen either but should they be liable that information? You can do research on electronics and weather and find out anywhere that they should be acclimated to inside conditions before operation, I wouldn't expect that to be posted in the shipping description or in a retailers product description or specs for that matter.

Call the card company for what? It was cold outside and he had to wait a few hours to test the unit? How about checking the unit out first and if there is a problem take it up with Amazon which in my experience and research would have taken care if the issue, if they didn't THEN contact the credit card company.

I do agree the delivery guy should have set the unit on the stand and be ready to hook up and probably would have if questioned about it and reminded it was part of the service, but he wasn't. If th op wants to comment on the delivery service then yeah call amazon and let them know, he can also contact the shipper and let them know, just to vent and who knows maybe it will improve things for the next person, it'll probably get put in file 13 though. That's still no reason to initiate what you've recommended, use some common since.

As for the receipt, a package slip should be attached to the box and the receipt can be printed out at amazon.com as already posted.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 View Post

That's kind of harsh don't you think, Amazon doesn't list how to clean the screen either but should they be liable that information? You can do research on electronics and weather and find out anywhere that they should be acclimated to inside conditions before operation, I wouldn't expect that to be posted in the shipping description or in a retailers product description or specs for that matter.

Call the card company for what? It was cold outside and he had to wait a few hours to test the unit? How about checking the unit out first and if there is a problem take it up with Amazon which in my experience and research would have taken care if the issue, if they didn't THEN contact the credit card company.

I do agree the delivery guy should have set the unit on the stand and be ready to hook up and probably would have if questioned about it and reminded it was part of the service, but he wasn't. If th op wants to comment on the delivery service then yeah call amazon and let them know, he can also contact the shipper and let them know, just to vent and who knows maybe it will improve things for the next person, it'll probably get put in file 13 though. That's still no reason to initiate what you've recommended, use some common since.

As for the receipt, a package slip should be attached to the box and the receipt can be printed out at amazon.com as already posted.

I agree 100%.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page