Samsung 750 series USB hard drive refresh - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-14-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an external hard drive hooked up to my Samsung television. I constantly update my external with new photos and videos, but the television still recognizes old file names and deleted files. I have 75 gigs of media, is it that it takes a while to refresh? Or is there a another option to speed this up? Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Problem has not improved with privately submitted email help
post #3 of 11 Old 12-17-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm any suggestions, thanks for the PM's
post #4 of 11 Old 12-18-2008, 03:34 PM

Care to share what kind of USB hard drive you are using?
post #5 of 11 Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusbreed View Post

Care to share what kind of USB hard drive you are using?

I have a western digital 250 gigs
post #6 of 11 Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 PM

What was the resolution? I also have this issue.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-03-2011, 01:34 AM

Hi,

Same issue with Samsung UE46D6500, with an external drive...

Best regards,

madve
post #8 of 11 Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 AM

I know this is an old thread but I spent quite a bit of time looking for a resolution to this and thought Id post a resolution (as there hadn't been one up until now).

I was having the same issue when using my external HDD to watch movies. If I unplugged the HDD from TV and loaded up some new movies from PC they would not show up when I plugged in the HDD again. I tried renaming the drive using my PC in a bid to cheat the TV but to no avail.

What I found worked was this:
1) Start by opening Video from the Smart Hub menu. I would see the same 'cached' view of the folders as before (no new folders and old folders not deleted etc).
2) Move cursor upto the "Swtich Folder" icon (Can't remember if thats what its called but where you can switch between Video, Picture and Music) and switch to Picture. Now I could instantly see that the correct folder strucutre was being displayed.
3) Switch back to Video and - hey presto - I could see the files that I knew to be current.

So couldn't find a "refresh" button anywhere but this did the trick for me. Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks!
post #9 of 11 Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkman View Post

I know this is an old thread but I spent quite a bit of time looking for a resolution to this and thought Id post a resolution (as there hadn't been one up until now).

I was having the same issue when using my external HDD to watch movies. If I unplugged the HDD from TV and loaded up some new movies from PC they would not show up when I plugged in the HDD again. I tried renaming the drive using my PC in a bid to cheat the TV but to no avail.

What I found worked was this:
1) Start by opening Video from the Smart Hub menu. I would see the same 'cached' view of the folders as before (no new folders and old folders not deleted etc).
2) Move cursor upto the "Swtich Folder" icon (Can't remember if thats what its called but where you can switch between Video, Picture and Music) and switch to Picture. Now I could instantly see that the correct folder strucutre was being displayed.
3) Switch back to Video and - hey presto - I could see the files that I knew to be current.

So couldn't find a "refresh" button anywhere but this did the trick for me. Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks!

The trick work well. Thank you
post #10 of 11 Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 AM

No too impressed with Samsung Samrt TV - MY HDD was loaded with folders/movies - I deleted all files /folders and replaced them with other files and folders .. But what ever I do I still cannot get to my video within these folders - I've since added photos & music, and when browseing in these sections I can see the new folders ... but when I go back to video all my old folders and files appear.... Driving me mad .. I have renamed the HDD with no success .. Found Reset under tools when choosing my HDD as a source and still no succees .. The drive is correct as when I plug it into my Samsung Smart Bluray Player it works a treat - So how on earth do we clear the cache of the TV ...??????????????
post #11 of 11 Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i cant find a fix when i plug my usb drive in updated it still has old files on it just started doing this
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays